Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

turkey87953
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2011, 1:25 am

I am scared of the dark i hate it.
i have a digital clock lights up it changes colours all night and is bright enough to keep the room light.
is anyone else afraid of the dark?

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2011, 1:50 am

Not too fond of the dark..especially alone..but also due to my klutzy nature that might cause me to trip over something :D

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 1:51 am

A little, but only when I'm alone and I'm moving.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 1:52 am

A little, but only when I'm alone and I'm not in my room.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

11 Oct 2011, 1:56 am

When I was younger, I had a fear, not of dark, but of pitch-black.
ANY light at would negate this fear:
a cracked window,
a dim LED at the far end of the room,
stars shining through thick fog on moonless nights, etc.

On cave tours, it took tremendous willpower to not
light up my watch or cellphone when a tour guide
turned the lights out for demonstration purposes.

This fear disappeared in my late teens and I haven't seen it since.
Some problems just go away with time.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 3:36 am

I sleep with the light on.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 3:43 am

i just love the dark; i cannot sleep well if there is the tiniest light around.
this might be becouse of my extra sensitive vision; light hurts my eyes but i can still see in pitch-black, so the darker the better for me...

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2011, 4:16 am

I sleep with the light on because of sleep paralysis and oobe's.When i sleep with the light on i never have oobe's and when i have sleep paralysis i almost never see anything.

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 8:02 am

I used to be, but I once went to Mammoth Cave in Kentucky and that solved everything. Now I only get nervous when I'm walking down a long, dark and quiet road after midnight and through that little alley to get to the store for junk with my friend, and that's only because I put so much energy into terrifying her that I scare myself.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 8:57 am

My daughter was afraid of the dark for a long time. She used to sleep with the corridor light on and the door open. That helped. She takes a warm bath, drinks linden tea (relaxing tea), reads and listens to healing music (meditation music) every night before going to sleep. That helps her relax. I think that helped her overcome her fear. She does not sleep with the light on anymore. She still suffers from night terrors from time to time, though.

Halligeninseln
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

I sleep with a dim blue light on. The dark really bothers me. It is just about OK at home, but anywhere else I start to panic if I can't see.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Oct 2011, 10:26 am

When I was growing up I had a nightlight in my room because I didn't like the room real dark. As a child I also preferred to be asleep before my parents turned off the lights in their room because I didn't like looking out my door (kept the door open) into a dark house. Above my bed on shelves were the glow in the dark monster models that I had collected---I liked seeing them glow in my room at night. Today however, I prefer a dark room although we leave a nightlight on in the hallway for our youngest son.

LittleBlackCat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

I still slept with the light on at 19, but had to learn to sleep in the dark when I met my husband a few months later. I am not usually scared of the dark now, only if I am outside on my own somewhere and it is very quiet (we live in quite a noisy neighborhood so I am not used to there being nobody around). I think I got used to sleeping with the light on because when I was little I used to pretend to be scared of the dark so I could have a nightlight because I wanted to secretly read when I was supposed to be sleeping, and over the years I got genuinely scared of the dark as a result. :roll:

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 6:19 pm

I'm not even sure if I'm scared of the dark but when I open my eyes I want to be able to see. The light being on doesn't make it harder for me to sleep at all.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Oct 2011, 7:25 pm

I stopped being afraid of the dark somewhere in my thirties. I still don't like it pitch black, because I may trip over something and it is disorienting. The smoke alarm in my bedroom puts out a faint greenish light, as does the A/C unit so the room is never pitch dark. I also keep a nightlight in the bathroom, which puts out enough light to see my way in there in the middle of the night.

wonderboy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2011, 7:41 pm

Yes I'm sacred. I have the corridor light on at night never in my bedroom since it would be to bright for me to get to sleep. I always have to have light on in the house except for in the daytime.