intentional behaviour rewarded; clueless behaviour punished

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 6:03 am

MrEGuy wrote:
Brutal truth time: unintentional behavior is a better indicator of underlying mental problems. Such as, oh, ya know, AS.

Well, then there's the exact opposite of AS, the psychopath/sociopath, surely they have mental problems according to the broader societal definition?? Yet they behave in a hurt-inflicting, intentional way, and they are aware of their actions and their detrimental effect - they just don't give a damn (which is the opposite of the AS pattern).

I did get told on a handful of occasions, by women mostly, that the fact that I feel crappy and ashamed of mistakes brought to my attention makes me more normal and human and it's actually a good sign. (Never mind the fact that it didn't result in a successful relationship.) The point is, young women don't seem to want a guy that they have to "teach" or train, they prefer a guy who they can try to convince to see the error of their deliberate ways. So I adapted to a certain degree to fit that mold, although by no means did my behaviour ever become sociopathic.

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

13 Oct 2011, 11:45 am

Could someone please explain what "banter", "timing" and "teasing" for me please with examples and that.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 11:56 am

all behaviour is clueles and intentional. woman like to have the feeling that you know what you're doing though.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 1:08 pm

thedaywalker wrote:
all behaviour is clueles and intentional. woman like to have the feeling that you know what you're doing though.

Exactly, this shows that a man is desirable or has been desired at some stage and has taken the initiative before with women. It instantly adds to attraction value and shows that he is more experienced.

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2011, 1:32 pm

Jayo wrote:
Well, then there's the exact opposite of AS, the psychopath/sociopath, surely they have mental problems according to the broader societal definition??

Why are aspies obsessed with sociopathic behavior? I think we spend as much time talking about sociopaths as we do autistics.

Can we please stop with the notion that sociopathic behavior is universally rewarded? No it isn't. Sociopaths can and do engage in unintentional signals that expose their disorder. What do you think the whole "you forgot our anniversary" thing is about? It's a sanity check for sociopathic behavior in one's partner. Being nice to kittens and kids? Crying during sad movies? Etc, etc -- all are checks.

As for intentional behaviors . . . what does that have to do with my argument? My point pertains to unintentional behaviors flagging mental disorders.