Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BloomingArtist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2011, 11:02 am

I am told that I am not 5 feet and 2 inches tall, neither 5 feet and 3 inches tall. I was told I was 5 feet, and 2-and-a-half inches tall. As of yesterday, I went to get weighed at some place, just because I was worried I would weigh more than the last time I was weighed. I am a sort of mucular and very skinny female, at 21 years old now.

That time I was weighed yesterday, I got on the scale. Guess what, I weighed 108 pounds! I lost a lot of weight I guess. I'm not so sure if that's a good weight for me, or if I should gain more weight, which I don't really want to do, because I don't want to be big.

I once was around 125 or 120 (I can't remember) pounds at the height of 5 feet, 2-and-a-half inches. I work out more now, and to some degree, I try to eat heathly stuff (I do like a variety of veggies, I'm not lactose intolerant, I just don't drink milk staight up as much anymore, but I put it on cereal (using skim milk)). I drink my favorite juice mixture a lot. It's a combination of orange juice, and strawberry bannana Light V8 fruit and veggie juice. I also eat my other favorite healthy meals, which are called "Healthy Choice", and there are some fiber bars I like called "Fiber Plus".

I wanted to include my height and weight along with my current eating habits, just to give people an idea for what I do to stay fit as possible right now.

So, do you think I'm under weight at 108 pounds, with a height of 5 feet-2 and-a-half inches tall?

Should I try to gain a little, or more than a little bit of weight, so I don't look under fed, even though I appear strong and healthy?

Trust me, I eat plenty, and I'm not under fed. I don't have eating disorders.

mushroo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

Obviously the person to ask about health concerns is your physician.

But according to the US government you are a healthy weight:

http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines ... nt/aim.htm

So I wouldn't worry unless you're having medical problems/symptoms. It sounds like you eat well, exercise, and generally take care of your health. A yearly physical is a good idea to get a "clean bill of health."

Last edited by mushroo on 12 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

Your weight is just fine for your height.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

the formula i used for a healthy weight when i practiced medicine was:

women get 100# for the first five feet. men get 110# for the first five feet

then add 6# per inch.

so your ideal weight would be 115#, give or take a few pounds.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 1:08 pm

Ask your doctor.

Caroline20
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2021, 3:48 pm

You can a ponderal index calculator to determine if you have a healthy height.

Here's the link to the calculator- https://www.mdapp.co/ponderal-index-calculator-430/

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Jun 2023, 9:20 pm

If it's not causing you any medical problems, don't worry about it. I'm saying this as someone who is naturally thin (5 feet tall and 90 pounds) but I'm healthy as a horse physically.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2023, 1:07 pm

Don't worry too much about this. You have admitted that you eat healthy, therefore you're healthy.