Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

rainbowwren75340
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2011, 5:04 pm

yeah. i thought i'd start out with some questions...i wanted this to be exciting.

1.) which album cover is your fave of all time, whether it's from a band that's not neccessarily your all time favorite but you think the way it was put together is ridiculously timeless.

2.) if there is an album cover that seems to speak for you and who you are and maybe there's a story behind it, feel free to share it.

3.) here's something fun. If you're the creative type who has imagined a album cover you find unique or happen to be in a band that has put out a really cool album cover they think cuts the cord of standards, feel free to physically put it out on the thread unless you want to keep it under complete copyright standards--it would be cool to see the visual part of the method behind the hype of what an album's value is, so if you find out some way to label it under creative commons and it works, maybe it's worth sharing, but it's up to you.

so knock yourself out. albums say a lot to me, so are you in?

--RW

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 5:30 pm

dunno 'bout favourite but i like this

rainbowwren75340
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Oct 2011, 6:00 pm

actually i won't say i have a whole ton of faves, but here's one of brit pop anthemic rock band Muse's recent album covers, it reminds me of my appreciation for colorful graphics:

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 6:23 pm

rainbowwren75340 wrote:
actually i won't say i have a whole ton of faves, but here's one of brit pop anthemic rock band Muse's recent album covers, it reminds me of my appreciation for colorful graphics:

I have a t-shirt of that one.

I can't think of another favorite though.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2011, 8:41 pm

I'm not used to thinking of music in terms of album covers, but some that I like are:

(very hard to find)

(finger-hole thing is a sleeve)

For the record, I'm a big fan of surrealism.

But they do not have me