Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 3:04 pm

Hey everyone :D
me myself i never had the urge to get a girlfriend and i think i won't ever have it in my life..
i am a real career guy and i don't want kids, i want to live alone and just have a group of close friends and family.
it's my passion to create a better world and create music and movies(and all other varieties of entertainment) for the rest of my life,
i don't feel sad or empty without a girlfriend and kids(i know that i'm just 17 but i've always known this)
i think i really love being single and not having to deal with anyone else but myself.

I would be like a Tony Stark(Iron Man) but then without having intercourse with reporters of Vanity Fair :P

could this have anything to do with the fact that i'm an aspie and does anyone else feel like this?

Thanks for reading!

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2011, 3:17 pm

I get the impression that no one will ever really understand me (on Earth, anyway) and so a relationship with anyone in particular seems like a waste of effort. At best another person might pretend to be like me, but then the person would be a liar, and that causes all sorts of annoying things to happen.

Companionship is a nice idea somehow, though I've never been able in any sense to define why.

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

I don't feel the need to put forth the effort it takes to keep an intimate relationship. I'm the founder of the singles for life club. I also don't really like physical contact so it works out pretty well.

I don't know if it has to do with the fact that you're an aspie, per say, but it makes sense, especially if you're more logical than anything.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 3:54 pm

I find I keep backing away from relationships. I've had 6 men ask me out in one year, and 2 of them I fancied, but each time I gave it a go with each one of them, I found it was too pressurizing, especially with all the texting. One of them just could not stop texting, and he kept on putting ''I love you'' and calling me stupid sloppy names like ''munchkin'' and putting loads of kisses, and I knew I had to reply in the same sort of context, which I couldn't really handle. To tell you the truth, I think I backed away from each relationship because I had a crush mixed with an obsession with some other men who drives the buses, and so my mind was always thinking about them all the time instead of focusing on the current man I'm with who I'm not intensely obsessed with.

I think if I dated a man who I was also obsessed with, I would probably emotionally be able to keep the relationship going.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 3:58 pm

You could well be asexual. It's a perfectly natural part of the human sexual-orientation spectrum, not to want to date. I'm that way myself; I knew by the time I was five. I guess one day I might want to have a partnership with somebody; but it would be more like being close friends, without the physical aspect. Separate bedrooms; raise foster kids together, maybe. But none of that physical stuff. To me, it's like everybody still has cooties, and I want mental and emotional intimacy--not physical.

If you're interested in the concept, try visiting asexuality.org. The site is safe for work and safe for under-18s. They have a decent FAQ.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

Callista wrote:
You could well be asexual. It's a perfectly natural part of the human sexual-orientation spectrum, not to want to date. I'm that way myself; I knew by the time I was five. I guess one day I might want to have a partnership with somebody; but it would be more like being close friends, without the physical aspect. Separate bedrooms; raise foster kids together, maybe. But none of that physical stuff. To me, it's like everybody still has cooties, and I want mental and emotional intimacy--not physical.

If you're interested in the concept, try visiting asexuality.org. The site is safe for work and safe for under-18s. They have a decent FAQ.
Well i do get attracted to people so i'm not close to asexuality, i just feel like it puts too much pressure on me to be in a relationship.. there are times that i really wanna be intimate with a girl and be cozy but i just dont wanna have to accept someone that close into my daily life, i'm not good at taking care of close relationships and the whole"i love you and i text you all day xxxxxxx" thing pisses me off. And like kissing someone.. Awful!! i see everyone kissing and licking and i don't feel like i ever wanna do that. Don't even get me started on sex(though my position on that might change after it happens or the first time)

Don't know what to say.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

I'll likely be single my entire life. I won't do penetration and I'd have a very hard time living with a person that expects me to do or not do certain things or behave in certain ways. My home needs to be someplace I can relax, not another place where I have to put up with someone else annoying me and trying to change me.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

hanyo wrote:
I'll likely be single my entire life. I won't do penetration and I'd have a very hard time living with a person that expects me to do or not do certain things or behave in certain ways. My home needs to be someplace I can relax, not another place where I have to put up with someone else annoying me and trying to change me.
That's the way! Haha. And btw penetration in fact is only made for creating babies, i can't imagine doing it for pleasure.

Don't know what to say.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

14 Oct 2011, 5:58 pm

Christopherwillson wrote:
And btw penetration in fact is only made for creating babies, i can't imagine doing it for pleasure.

You've never masturbated for pleasure?

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 6:04 pm

swbluto wrote:

Or what about having a woman give you head? Or sticking it up the wrong 'un? Neither of those are "for procreation".

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

swbluto wrote:

I know that wasn't directed at me but I have. I just don't like penetration by others or myself.

SkipNip
Raven
Raven

14 Oct 2011, 8:05 pm

I'm 25 and I'm the same way. I don't want to ever get married or have kids anything like that cuz that'll deprive me of my solitude.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm

I don't think I am ever going to get married myself. I don't trust people enough to get married. I am afraid that they will rape me, murder me, abuse me, cheat on me or other horrible things. I have had bad things in my past that confirms that people are not to be trusted. So, most likely I will be alone my entire life. I also have no interest in kids.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

It is so awesome that you are HAPPY with your life. I assume you are American? It seems we as Americans are not allowed to be happy and complacent in our lives. Need is what fuels our culture. It's refreshing reading a post by an American who is happy with his life and situation. We could all use a dose of that!

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm

I want a girlfriend but only if she is a certain person. someone I wont have to worry about backstabbing me or using me for something. I want the career and to be able to do what I want. But in a world were competition exist and me not being able to keep up with being fit I dont think it will ever happen.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

moved from General Autism Discussion to Love & Dating