Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Helix908
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2011, 7:05 am

Are there any other aspies who suffer from daily fatigue, both physicaly and mentally, to the extent that you prevent yourself from pursuing activities of real interest? In the era of video games, the struggling aspie may gravitate towards games to as a literal drug. It seems I do. My intellectual pursuits rely far too much on winds of mania, and new ideas. The amount of useful "work" that ensues in my mind, dwarfs my ability to write things down, to convert them into physical mediums.
As opposed to the "narrow interests", my interests are wide spread. I develop new interests every other day. Most of my time is spent learning and thinking, yet so little is spent writing, etc.
Another thing, I can't sustain interests on a single "thing". They eventually fade, regardless. It seems I have all the ability to achieve my goals, but no productivity, or sustenance.
I can blame the law of circumstance, but thats unfair. I think about how, if I was in a environment conducive to my mind's pursuits, and my natural eccentricities, I would be achieving success on all levels. Yet, I am the director of my life, and so I fall into circular conflict. Am I suffering from unknown physical/neurological ailments draining my energy/motivation, or am I a double victim of circumstance( genetic circumstance at odds with environment circumstance) , or is it all simply my fault.
I feel that I'm capable of so much, if I could get over this energy hurdle.. my manic bursts produce unfinished works of possible revolutionary ideas/concepts...
but nothing is valuable in a unfinished state..

Helix908
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2011, 7:06 am

Please excuse my spelling/grammar, it was a quick type

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 9:34 am

Having many unfinished projects is characteristic of autistics, at least according to quiz questions, and is referring to executive dysfunction. Maybe cortisol play a role in it, besides dopamine. I don't know what else to do with it aside from trying harder step by step, laying down plans, narrowing down your focus on one problem at a time, lowering expectations a little, getting satisfaction from what you've already achieved and such.

Salome
Toucan
Toucan

16 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

I have the same problem. I am always tired both physically and mentally. I have so much potential and so many ideas but nothing gets done. I also have many interests and get new ones all the time. Lately I have been thinking back on all of them and realised that one or two have always been the same, so I'm forcing my self to focus on those. I have been told that it's a problem with executive functioning that is causing this. I don't know about the fatigue. Before I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome I was convinced that I was suffering from either chronic fatigue or some other physical ailment that caused me to be so tired all the time. Doctors would tell me to eat well and exercise, but I already did. Of course it does help to eat well and exercise. I mean if your energy is low then you shouldn't drain it by drinking alcohol or eating junk food. My psychologist has told me that it is because of sensory overload but I'm not entirely sure that's it. It is so very frustrating!
I think the way you were raised is important as well. If your parents thought you how to plan your day and how to get yourself somewhere on time then you would obviously be better at it. There are strategies that you can learn to overcome some of your problems with executive functioning.
I have only just started to learn them. I will let you know if they help.

Rhiannon0828
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Oct 2011, 1:40 pm

Helix908 wrote:
Are there any other aspies who suffer from daily fatigue, both physicaly and mentally, to the extent that you prevent yourself from pursuing activities of real interest? In the era of video games, the struggling aspie may gravitate towards games to as a literal drug. It seems I do. My intellectual pursuits rely far too much on winds of mania, and new ideas. The amount of useful "work" that ensues in my mind, dwarfs my ability to write things down, to convert them into physical mediums.
As opposed to the "narrow interests", my interests are wide spread. I develop new interests every other day. Most of my time is spent learning and thinking, yet so little is spent writing, etc.
Another thing, I can't sustain interests on a single "thing". They eventually fade, regardless. It seems I have all the ability to achieve my goals, but no productivity, or sustenance.
I can blame the law of circumstance, but thats unfair. I think about how, if I was in a environment conducive to my mind's pursuits, and my natural eccentricities, I would be achieving success on all levels. Yet, I am the director of my life, and so I fall into circular conflict. Am I suffering from unknown physical/neurological ailments draining my energy/motivation, or am I a double victim of circumstance( genetic circumstance at odds with environment circumstance) , or is it all simply my fault.
I feel that I'm capable of so much, if I could get over this energy hurdle.. my manic bursts produce unfinished works of possible revolutionary ideas/concepts...
but nothing is valuable in a unfinished state..

A lot of what you describe here can also be attributed to ADHD-primarily inattentive type.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

I've been looking into ADHD and possible dopamine deficiency. I've just started using L-Phenylalanine which is a precursor for L-Tyrosine, which is in turn a precursor for Dopamine. :lol:

The phenylalanine was spare, so I thought I'd give it a whack.

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Oct 2011, 7:43 pm

Have a look at the info posted in this thread on Adrenal Burnout. I have been following it as I have been very ill and fatigued. I have always been wired and intense. Now I see why.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt176621.html

I have increased my protein intake, fatty acids, root vegetables, added Celtic Sea Salt, bought a ceramic water purifier, reduced stimulants...

The list goes on.

O! Lecithin granules! 8O The refrigerated stuff only.

http://www.zimbio.com/Natural+Hair+and+ ... h+Lecithin

"Where Lecithin Comes From

Lecithin is found in many of the foods we have for our daily diet. However, if you want foods that are rich in lecithin, then turn no further from those same foods that are high in cholesterol and fats. The most concentrated sources of dietary lecithin are organ meats, red meats, and eggs, which is where lecithin got its name by the way – lekithos, Greek for “egg yolk.” But with today’s current trend in low-fat, low-calorie diet, many have turned away from lecithin-rich foods. This reduction may likely result in an inadequate dietary intake of lecithin and choline, a component of lecithin. In order to make up for the lecithin lost through reduction of egg consumption, organ meats, and red meats, health lecithin supplements are taken."

I have been using a supplementary Lecithing granule while also increasing meat. I have experimented with both in isolation and both are profound in their effect on my health and wellbeing.

:D