Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 7:26 am

VIDEODROME wrote:
A capitalist lets you use their restroom for free.

But then they would charge you for the toilet paper.
]

A capitalist is just a person who believes in Laissez-faire economics. I doubt a man who owns an office building will charge his employees for using the toilets.

He'll just get low quality toilet paper.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 7:27 am

ruveyn wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Didn't you just explain the cosy relationship between the Republicans and seedy business oligarchs quite nicely there? I think so.

Your buddy Obama has made the same cozy accommodation. So don't lay it on just the republicans.

The needs of World War Two put FDR in bed with the industrialists where the fell panting and huffing on each other's bosoms.

The relation between business and government has become entirely too cozy and it has happened under administrations of both the major parties.

ruveyn

Obama isn't my buddy. I would like to criticize him but I can't because I have to keep defending him from wholesomely idiotic arguments like yours.
I don't know why you're stuffing in FDR for no reason.

I don't like the fact that the Democrats bailed out General Motors. They haven't really gotten their act together because GM is a near monopoly in the USA and when that happens idiotic scmoozers enter the boardroom and ruin everything.

See? I can criticize Obama quite easily.

Next thing is that I don't like his policy over training afghan troops. He isn't fixing it. We've all seen and heard about the poor quality of afghan troops. What is being done to remedy this? I want a job done properly rather than a quick fix-it.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 7:31 am

[quote="Gedrene"
Obama isn't my buddy. I would like to criticize him but I can't because I have to keep defending him from wholesomely idiotic arguments like yours.
I don't know why you're stuffing in FDR for no reason.

[/quote]

FDR brought in "soft fascism" even more than did Teddy Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson.

We now live in the Era of the Cronies.

ruveyn

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 8:13 am

Gedrene wrote:
I expect Godwin's law to come and slap us all in the face in a minute.

You would know all about that, wouldn't you? :lol: