Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Posey1234567
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Oct 2011, 7:57 am

I often get told I feel guilty to much which i agree i do. does any1 else or just me? any help on the matter will be appreciated.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 1:20 pm

I rarely feel guilt. It accomplishes nothing. If you've done something wrong, apologize or fix it.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 2:55 pm

I often feel extreme guilt, even when I shouldn't. It may be related to low self-esteem, where you constantly blame yourself for everything that has gone wrong in your life.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2011, 3:02 pm

I never feel guilt.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 3:19 pm

I can feel extreme guilt but mostly when it concerns a few certain people.
For example, my mother can be a genius at guilt tripping anyone when she wants to. It works on me ever time even when I realize that she's trying to manipulate me.

(Just don't get me wrong. I love my mum. She's the best. :) )

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 3:36 pm

No.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 4:11 pm

When I'm depressed I'll feel unreasonably guilty whenever the slightest thing goes wrong, even if it had nothing at all to do with me. I don't know how but I'm sure it must be my fault somehow, even if I'd have to have God-like powers to actually be in control of it.

Most of the time, though, I only feel guilty if I've actually done something wrong.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 4:24 pm

Guilt?! I feel guilty practically all the time. I feel guilty right now because I forgot to thank a relative for cooking me dinner tonight. Now I'm sitting here worrying that she might be thinking, ''she didn't thank me'', because she gets a little sensitive over things like that. But I did keep saying, ''it's lovely'' when I was eating it, and I said ''thank you'' when she put the plate down on the table.

I feel guilty for a trillion other things aswell. Things too trivial to even waste time writing down. And they say Aspies lack empathy and only think of ourselves. Think again, people who write the AS things! I bet most NTs wouldn't feel guilty for me!