Do you stay friends with your exes?

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

Depends on the situation.
The first guy I dumped bullied me then spread lies about me so in regards to him; no.

It depends who does the dumping, and how the other party takes it.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2011, 5:26 pm

A few of them. A few not. My recent ex really wanted to be friends (considering how long we were together), but I haven't spoken to her in more than a month. Overall it depends on how the breakup was I guess

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 7:34 am

I would, but seeing as how my ex tried to KILL me, I decided I'd rather stay away. 8O

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 7:50 am

Was still friends with my first ex BF but fell outta contact.

Aftermaths/friendships with exes gradually got worse as more exes accumulated after that :lol: (second ex where my last words to him were "f**k off", to finally my last ex who probably wants to blast my head off with his old boomstick :lol: )

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 8:38 am

Although I wouldn't call us "friends", my relationship with my ex-wife is quite civil - we have never seen the inside of a courtroom and I never intend too - I absolutely refuse to put my children through that, divorce is bad enough.

As far as girlfriends go, it really depends on the situation, if she dumped me simply because she felt we were romantically incompatible but was otherwise civil and respectful I wouldn't have any problem keeping in touch with her. I would probably need a few weeks/months of "alone time" to make the adjustment though. This is how I handle rejection anyway...

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 11:28 am

My mom and dad were friends for a long time after they divorced, even when my mom was married to my step-dad. Now, my dad doesn't want to be friends with my mom though since he's married to my step-mom and has this autistic idea that he can't be friends with my mom and married to my step-mom at the same time. It's because my step-mom got cheated on and I guess she's paranoid now that my dad will have sex with my mom even though my dad only sees my mom when I'm there and usually when my step-dad's there. I wish other people understood that jealousy is an emotion to be overcome and not reveled in.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 1:07 pm

Some. I'm great friends with my last GF. She just sent me an e-mail last week. We only met once in person in the past 18 months since we broke up. Meeting with your ex, while there's a new person in your life, is a Very Bad Thing. You'd either need to conceal it (I don't like that) or tell your current SO and cause all sorts of grief.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 8:17 pm

Generally, yes. I'm friends with my ex-husband. Lost touch with all my other exes, though. No special reason other than my aspieness.

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2011, 1:23 am

of i do. me and my ex are still really good friends even we dated for 2 years. we are still good friends that we are considing invitng each other to our weddings

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

Heh, I don't have any exes, so I can't stay friends with something that isn't there.

Humperdinck
Toucan
Toucan

21 Oct 2011, 11:11 pm

I am good mates with nearly all my ex's and most of my fwb's. I am only not mates with 2. I am even amicable with my ex husband and we can talk for hours on the phone.

One of my ex's isn't mates with me due to respect for his fiance, but i am mates with her and his mother. The other one has a wife who is a neurotic head case and thinks i am going to seduce him. He dumped me. lol. :roll:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:52 am

I tried. But mom told me to stop talking to them because they were jerks. She's right, why stay friends with them if I am still negative about them? Whenever I mention my experience about my past relationships, I am trash talking them. It's either that or lie about how great my relationships were to avoid bad talking them and I hate lying. Plus I hate censorship.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 3:41 am

I am friends with both my exes.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 7:55 am

I've had it happen, yes. :)

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:45 am

No. My last girlfriend and I broke up under less than ideal circumstances and after I moved out, I never spoke to her again.

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 11:52 am

I'd like to but I feel like they wouldn't want to and if they did idk, i would rather let someone grow on their own or something of the sorts. but if it happened then I am fine with that.