Do you stay friends with your exes?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

I've tried and have generally been successful, but in some instances it's felt like an uphill battle.

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2011, 10:07 pm

I don't. But, my relationships tend to be short, sexual and end up really, really hurting girls' feelings. I literally do not talk to a single ex. And I've been around enough you'd think there would have been an accidental friendship left over.

My problem is that when I exit any relationship (personal, sexual, business, you name it) I burn ever possible bridge in sight. I'm not subtle in expressing why things are over and why they're beyond repair.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

I'm good friends with my ex. She is more mature than any woman I ever met to be honest. That's probably why.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Oct 2011, 12:17 am

I only have one ex. We tried to be friends after we broke up like we were friends before we had coupled up but being friends after was very bad. She was having problems & kept coming to me for emotional support & I still really loved her & cared about her & wanted to protect her. We quit being friends because I got ticked-off & acted like a royal ass to her because I was frustrated over being used & from having panic-attacks worrying. There's a lot more to this but the moral is that you should NOT try to remain friends with an ex if you have major codependent characteristics in the relationship. It could be quite disastrous

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition