Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Spontaneite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2011, 12:22 pm

Hey. As is probably obvious, I am Spontaneite. I joined two days ago but have only now gotten around to introducing myself.

I came across Wrong Planet while researching AS. I was researching AS mainly because I've recently acquired a friend with an interesting brain, but also because I'm the inexplicable kind of person that researches psychology, conditions, mythology, animals, book trivia, and a rather large range of things in her free time.

As you may have guessed, I am a neurotypical. However, I would not call myself a typical neurotypical. In fact, I am something of a social outcast, which no longer bothers me in the slightest.

So, partly because of my friend and partly because of my own curiosity, I am here to gain an inside perspective on what it is like to have a more interesting brain than the majority of the populace.

I've read the appalling ASpartners site, and under no circumstances do I want to become that particular variety of ignorant, soul-sucking demon. Hence, I am here, among the people who actually know what they're talking about.

Some of my characteristics as I would describe them are: artistic, imaginative, prone to daydreaming, spontaneous, occasionally observant, occasionally oblivious, and blatantly adoring of the majority of domesticated felines. My favourite colour changes regularly (currently teal/turquoise). I live in England, although I'm a mix of three nationalities. On the 'aspie test' which seems quite popular around here, I scored 126 Aspie points and 89 NT, making me a mix of both.

That's really all I have to say for the moment. If you had the patience to read this, cheers for that.

- Spontaneite

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet!

I'm diagnosed but I'm getting similar scores on that test these days - I sort of feel halfway between AS and NT, all on my own :P
Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

Spontaneite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

Thank you :) I certainly hope I enjoy my stay as well.

If you don't mind me asking, how old were you when you were diagnosed? Would you say you've 'neurotypicalised' a little since then, if your answers are getting more NT?

-Spontaneite

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 2:19 pm

I don't know - perhaps - things have improved for many years before and after I was diagnosed, but I was diagnosed three years ago, at 13.

Spontaneite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2011, 2:58 pm

Interesting. Do most people get diagnosed younger or older than your 13? I don't know when that friend of mine was diagnosed. I'll have to ask him sometime.

Sorry if my questions are at all intrusive or offensive. I try not to be either, but often fail.

Being NT, I obviously know nothing about what it is like personally to have AS, but I might tentatively suggest that how well you are able to conform does not matter so long as you have friends/family who accept your true self.

I have five wonderful friends who I can be as socially unnacceptable, blatantly bisexual, and ridiculous as I like around. It's not as though I have a large group of contacts, but neither do I want or need one. I'm happy with what I have :)

Spontaneite
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Oct 2011, 3:41 pm

Interesting. Do most people get diagnosed younger or older than your 13? I don't know when that friend of mine was diagnosed. I'll have to ask him sometime.

Sorry if my questions are at all intrusive or offensive. I try not to be either, but often fail.

Being NT, I obviously know nothing about what it is like personally to have AS, but I might tentatively suggest that how well you are able to conform does not matter so long as you have friends/family who accept your true self.

I have five wonderful friends who I can be as socially unnacceptable, blatantly bisexual, and ridiculous as I like around. It's not as though I have a large group of contacts, but neither do I want or need one. I'm happy with what I have :)

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 3:50 pm

Quote:
Do most people get diagnosed younger or older than your 13?

I couldn't really say, people get diagnosed at all ages, as you will find on here.

Quote:
I have five wonderful friends who I can be as socially unnacceptable, blatantly bisexual, and ridiculous as I like around. It's not as though I have a large group of contacts, but neither do I want or need one. I'm happy with what I have

I guess that's all that matters really!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 10:52 pm

Welkome to WP!

Mick :)