Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

spirtualpatterns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

I've noticed this a lot lately people repeating things that I say in my mind. Has any one else experienced this as of late. If you don't believe me then I ask you to do a little experiment. Go into a crowded place and call a random person a name in your head, or think about how weird they look. I guarantee you that'll you'll get quite a few responses.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:10 pm

It's happened to me a surprising amount - not recently, but at other times - but I think it's mostly just coincidence... however, I am very much into the paranormal, and very open to quite a deal of things. I have never tried the experiment that you suggest that one should try, but I will, next time I get the chance.

Can you explain a bit further about the peculiarities that you have experienced?

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

spirtualpatterns wrote:
I've noticed this a lot lately people repeating things that I say in my mind. Has any one else experienced this as of late. If you don't believe me then I ask you to do a little experiment. Go into a crowded place and call a random person a name in your head, or think about how weird they look. I guarantee you that'll you'll get quite a few responses.

Damn that's cool! I'm going to try it next time I go out and I'm surrounded by people.

Sometimes I feel like I can tell what someone is thinking. I'm probably just reading them physically and unaware of it so it seems like I know what they're thinking.

Yes, please tell us more about your experiences with this, it sounds fascinating?

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

That was happening to me here on WP a couple of weeks ago. I've posted an innuendo and the next thing that I've noticed was a thread that was titled, "Hide The Sausage" in Random Discussion. I was shaken and stirred and I haven't posted any more innuendos since than, because I want to set a good example for the new members who keep joining. I didn't set a good example that day. :oops:

spirtualpatterns

21 Oct 2011, 2:49 pm

Beauty_pact wrote:
It's happened to me a surprising amount - not recently, but at other times - but I think it's mostly just coincidence... however, I am very much into the paranormal, and very open to quite a deal of things. I have never tried the experiment that you suggest that one should try, but I will, next time I get the chance.

Can you explain a bit further about the peculiarities that you have experienced?

This is one peculiarity. I was thinking about how this one person told me they were a libra. Three days before that a person mentioned that they were a libra rising. Then one day I walked in and was thining how those two would go great together Now take in mind I had never seen these two talk at all. With in an hour after I got done thinking that I was walking down a hall and they both were looking at me while they were talking and they had these crap eating grins on their faces.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

pseudoscience

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

Coincidence and selective memory, nothing more. This is like the "Radio Fallacy" where a person believes that they have thought of a song, and soon thereafter heard it on the radio.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 21 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 2:54 pm

dp

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 6:27 pm

Fnord wrote:
Coincidence and selective memory, nothing more. This is like the "Radio Fallacy" where a person believes that they have thought of a song, and soon thereafter heard it on the radio.

My brother and I experience "Radio Fallacy", but with movies. It happens to us all the time. For example, several days ago I was thinking about the movie The Prophecy starring Christopher Walken (which I haven't seen yet but really want to), and yesterday I saw that it was playing on TV.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

I've noticed this a lot lately people repeating things that I say in my mind.

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

The powerful triad of coincidence, selective memory, and good odds. Here let me try--any takers

1. Someone on this thread thinks I am jerk.
2. Someone on this thread is wearing blue pants or a black shirt.
3. Someone on this thread has a real (not screen name) first name with an "a" in it.

Did I get all three right with someone here? :)

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

MasterJedi wrote:
pseudoscience

No Way! I was thinking the same thing before I read your post. I must be a mind reader!
Coincidence--I don't think so. :)