Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Are you suprised by the notes from his Biography?
Yes. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
No. 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 4

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 10:28 pm

I didn't think that Steve Jobs could possibly be on the Autism Spectrum, but after reading this, I have reconsidered my opinion on it. Sounds like he may have searched for the things that helped him adapt, and found some that worked well for him. I would have never imagined that he didn't like to take baths. Still haven't heard anything from reputable sources that suggest he actually was on the spectrum.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/story/2011-10-20/steve-jobs-biography/50844446/1

Quote:
Jobs was often bullied in school and stopped going to church at age 13, according to Steve Jobs, by Walter Isaacson, which will be published Monday by Simon & Schuster. The Associated Press purchased a copy Thursday. Advanced sales of the biography have topped best-seller lists since Jobs died Oct. 5 after a long battle with cancer at age 56.

According to the book, Jobs never went back to church after he saw a photo of starving children on the cover of Life Magazine. Later, he spent years studying Zen Buddhism.

As a teenager, he exhibited some odd behaviors — he began to try various diets, eating just fruits and vegetables for a time, and perfected staring at others without blinking.

Jobs was never a typical CEO. Apple's first president, Mike Scott, was hired mainly to manage Jobs, then 22. One of his first projects: getting Jobs to bathe more often. It didn't really work.

In the early 1990s, after Jobs was ousted from Apple, he watched the company's gradual decline from afar. He was angered by the new crop of people brought in the run Apple, and he called them "corrupt."

He told Issacson they cared only about making money "for themselves mainly, and also for Apple— rather than making great products."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 10:34 pm

He was tech-smart and health-foolish. He had a form of cancer that, if caught early, can be cured through surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. He didn't want his spirit defiled, so he chose spiritual treatments - homeopathy, herbs, diet, et cetera. His wife even reminded him that the body serves the spirit - not the other way around - but Steve would hear none of it.

Now he's dead.

I wonder how his spirit feels, knowing that it let his body down.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 11:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
He was tech-smart and health-foolish. He had a form of cancer that, if caught early, can be cured through surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. He didn't want his spirit defiled, so he chose spiritual treatments - homeopathy, herbs, diet, et cetera. His wife even reminded him that the body serves the spirit - not the other way around - but Steve would hear none of it.

Now he's dead.

I wonder how his spirit feels, knowing that it let his body down.

It appears he was determined to do most things in his life his way. If they couldn't talk him into taking baths, it's no wonder his wife couldn't talk him into putting aside the homeopathy.

Odd has it's benefits and disadvantages. He apparently reaped the advantages at a far greater level than the disadvantages, if one considers his entire life.

There is a danger in intelligence, depending on how it is applied, he found that as well.