Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Saxgrrrl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

Heyah! Just looking for other writers to talk to. I love to write, and I love to talk about writing.

so if you want, to start a discussion:

Quote:
favorite genre to write:
what are you writing right now:
what's your favorite piece you've done:
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) :
where do you get your inspiration from:
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so:

So, I'll start:

favorite genre to write:
Fantasy
what are you writing right now: A book/novel idea about where imaginary friends go after the child is done with them.
what's your favorite piece you've done:Imaginary, that right above this ^^^^^
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) :right here, click me click me click me
where do you get your inspiration from: anything and everything, mostly music though, anything I hear.
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: Extremely focused on it, work on it every chance I get, obsessed with it. Definitely a positive thing.

I'd love to meet you all.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 10:49 am

favorite genre to write: Fantasy and mysteries
what are you writing right now: I randomly write poetry and short stories
what's your favorite piece you've done: Probably my dramtic cliche` for the phrase "dark as night" when I was a HS senior
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : Nope
where do you get your inspiration from: Issues I have and things I either observe or think about
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: [b] I feel my writing is generally affected negatively b/c it tends to be very sporadic and just plain strange.

Saxgrrrl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

Peko wrote:
favorite genre to write: Fantasy and mysteries
what are you writing right now: I randomly write poetry and short stories
what's your favorite piece you've done: Probably my dramtic cliche` for the phrase "dark as night" when I was a HS senior
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : Nope
where do you get your inspiration from: Issues I have and things I either observe or think about
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: [b] I feel my writing is generally affected negatively b/c it tends to be very sporadic and just plain strange.
haha, just plain strange? Those are the pieces I love most. Have you ever read the book, Abarat?

Muggle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

Oh, I love reading and writing!

favorite genre to write: fantasy/science fiction
what are you writing right now: post appocalyptic/dystopian society
what's your favorite piece you've done: New Age (look up)
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : No
where do you get your inspiration from: current decline of values, culture, etc.
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: As far as my topic, possitivly. It gave me insight on being alone, depressed, but also hard times to make me better in writing. I don't like soceity in genergal, how it's run, who's in it. Of my two main characters, one is aloof, introverted, odd, not understood, the other antisocial and has a lot of sensory overload and struggles to survive in the world.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

favorite genre to write: Fantasy and historical
what are you writing right now: Nothing right now, but come November I plan to start a novel set in prehistoric Sudan circa 6500 BC.
what's your favorite piece you've done: The Redemption of Buikhu, set in prehistoric Egypt circa 4000 BC
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : My Scribd Page
where do you get your inspiration from: My special interests (history, anthropology, and paleontology)
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: My passion for certain subjects can be helpful for researching and retaining information about them, but it also means that my stories tend to share common themes or subject matter.

zaidjit
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

Quote:
favorite genre to write:
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so:

I like to write in whatever genre the story takes.
I a currently trying to write a fantasy story.
I dislike all of my writing.
No I do not have my writing on the internet.
I get my inspirations from whatever.
I don't know.

Saxgrrrl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Oct 2011, 11:37 pm

zaidjit wrote:
Quote:
favorite genre to write:

I like to write in whatever genre the story takes.
I a currently trying to write a fantasy story.
I dislike all of my writing.
No I do not have my writing on the internet.
I get my inspirations from whatever.
I don't know.

How can you dislike all of your writing? I myself do dislike some of my work...well a lot of it that I don't think I have done a good enough job on it. But it can't be soooo terrible.
Maybe you just haven't found the idea that truly caught your imagination yet? The one that you think you need to write?

Muggle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2011, 6:19 am

It's true that a certain amount of self critisism is nessesary, in order to find that one brilliant saying in a whole page of junk, but if you don't ever beleive you are good enough you only end up with a blank sheet of lost possibility. :(

Saxgrrrl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2011, 7:56 am

Muggle wrote:
It's true that a certain amount of self critisism is nessesary, in order to find that one brilliant saying in a whole page of junk, but if you don't ever beleive you are good enough you only end up with a blank sheet of lost possibility. :(
that is profound

Muggle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2011, 3:20 pm

LexF
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2011, 6:38 pm

favorite genre to write: Sci-fi mainly, but I'm working on a book of comic strips and a humorous non-sci-fi novel right now.

what are you writing right now: The two I mentioned above, and also "White Rainbow," the sixth and final book in my "Moving Day" series. This should be out next April.

what's your favorite piece you've done: Varies from one day to the next. I've gotten a lot of messages about my internet dating book, though. That seems to be the one that's garnered the most attention.

do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : issuu.com has samples (about the first 20 pages) of my first four books. I've got some bits and pieces on my own site, and a lot of poetry and excerpts on the site where I'm a forum mod.

where do you get your inspiration from: Random thoughts, mostly. My first book actually started with a random thought about how we're lucky to live in a world where buildings and trees and streets and geographic features tend to stay in one place, for the most part. I imagined a world where someone's house could just disappear and then turn up a mile and a half away in the middle of an empty field.

do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: I actually see my AS a a sort of "upgrade." I think it frees me from a lot of the constraints others might have to deal with, in terms of plot and structure, etc. I can focus on my writing for extremely long periods, at times, but I can also go off on tangents unexpectedly; and a lot of those tangents turn out to be really interesting.

JoshthePoet
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Oct 2011, 1:34 pm

favorite genre to write: action/supernatural

what are you writing now: my second draft of a novel I've been working on for quite some time and hope to publish sometime next year

my favorite piece I've done: I'm pleased with everything I've done :D

writing on the internet: I think so, I've published a poetry book so I'm sure there's some samples of my poems. It's called Between the Lines of Autism by Joshua Davies (lol that's me)

Inspiration: My experiences and struggles with Asperger's as well as writers and artists I can relate to. Music inspires me too along with general art and symbolism.

How Asperger's has effected my work: Well it gives me mental blocks, find it difficult to put pen to paper or translate what's going on in my head. Poetry is much more easyer than novels, in fact I think Asperger's is the reason I'm so good at poetry - looking between the lines from a diffirent perspective :)

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2011, 10:42 pm

I have written my first book and have published it this last April. It is called, "Tech Tactics Money Saving Secrets." It deals with practical and proven ways of saving money by using a computer. It also gives information on where to find free ad-ware and spyware-free programs that will do the same job as expensive programs. This book is written from experience and includes information not likely to be given out by store or retail geeks. It is also written so that using one tip in the book will cause the book to pay for itself.

My favorite genre to write is nonfiction computer related topics. I have several other book in the works at the moment. These include "Tech Tactics Computer Repair Secrets," Tech Tactics, Avoiding Traffic Arrests and Citations," and "Tech Tactics Computer and Physical Security Secrets." So far, my only completed work is "Tech Tactics Money Saving Secrets" which is available in both e-book and paperback on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Books A Million.

I get my inspiration from my family, Congregation, and many years of practical and academic knowledge and experience. Autism has a positive influence on my ability to write. I know quite a few people who are working on a book and who have been working on their book for many years. They are still in the perpetual process. Writing a book takes intense focus, patience, and a stick to it attitude. My autism gives me these three characteristics.

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

28 Nov 2011, 2:34 pm

favorite genre to write: nonfiction and fantasy
what are you writing right now: so many things! Like five short stories.
what's your favorite piece you've done: I have a lot of issues with structure, but one of my college essays was pretty awesome.
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : Nope, although I have been published.
where do you get your inspiration from: No clue.
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: Negatively. I overdescribe, and the structure thing.

kobi_galon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Nov 2011, 7:46 pm

favorite genre to write: Fantasy / short story
what are you writing right now: some short stories, a short novel and kind of a novel written in small chapters posted monthly in a blog.
what's your favorite piece you've done: maybe 'Noite finita', one of my short stories.
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : yes, I do, but it's mostly in Portuguese. I do write some small texts and poems in English. In any case, here it is: Noite finita
where do you get your inspiration from: Well, many things. Things that I observe, facts of the world...
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: I know that Aspergers does influence my writing, though I don't know exactly to what extent. I read some of my first texts some days ago and I just realised that there's a lot of my aspie "feeling of isolation" in them. So...

And nice to meet you all. :)

idlewild
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Nov 2011, 10:13 pm

Quote:
favorite genre to write: non-fiction, news, op/ed
what are you writing right now: poetry
what's your favorite piece you've done: a sci-fi short story about using religion to colonise new planets
do you have your writing somewhere on the internet(link) : yes but not linking for privacy reasons
where do you get your inspiration from: current events, philosophy, sci-fi/fantasy
do you think your writing is affected at all, negatively or positively, by your aspergers, etc. and how so: positively, because I can mimic styles I like and because I'm very logical and precise and laying out what I'm communicating

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 159 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 75 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)