My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is your favorite pony of the mane 6?
Twilight Sparkle 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Pinkie Pie 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Applejack 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Rainbow Dash 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Rarity 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Fluttershy 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 28

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 12:28 am

Show is awesome; hate when people get too serious and argue about it, though.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2011, 12:36 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxAJqvslV7M&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

I thought this was funny. Don't watch this unless you can take cursing and people kind of "making fun" of my little pony.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 3:50 pm

psayles56 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxAJqvslV7M&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

I thought this was funny. Don't watch this unless you can take cursing and people kind of "making fun" of my little pony.

0.o

Wtf was that?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

Seen it already. Kind of funny.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
Seen it already. Kind of funny.

yes

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 12:45 am

Minor characters?

Does Luna count?

:)

She doesn't get enough face time.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

cw10 wrote:
Minor characters?

Does Luna count?

I guess. I love her too.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 9:45 pm

Ganondox wrote:
cw10 wrote:
Minor characters?

Does Luna count?

I guess. I love her too.

How can you not? She's so old fashioned. :)

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 9:55 pm

http://vardastouch.deviantart.com/art/P ... -267133134

Sometimes fan art is better than production. Not always, but in this case I'd have to go with fandom.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 10:56 pm

psayles56 wrote:
I must say 886, you are annoying. Go away if you have nothing nice to say. :)

Does having nothing nice to say really matter if there's also nothing mean being said? Unless I'm missing something his reaction seems entirely neutral to me. Apart from the initial assumption that the show could only appeal to young children – actually a pretty reasonable assumption considering he's never seen it – he's not belittling us or the show at all. He might even actually try watching it someday, provided we don't give him a bad enough first impression to scare him away. And saying he's annoying and should go away is really not a good first impression.

Ganondox wrote:
For example there is quite a few alcohol jokes(

Alcoholic Applejack is second best pony.

Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 1:43 am

psayles56 wrote:
886 wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
886 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
886 wrote:
No offense intended, but I thought my little pony was intended for audiences under the age of.. well, 5.

I'm shocked a bunch of 20-some are all posting :?

Well, obviously you haven't been keeping up with Internet phenomenon lately. If you had, you would realize that a lot of adults think that the new My Little Pony cartoon, Friendship is Magic, is actually a wonderful show that can be enjoyed by people of any age, not unlike Spongebob or Adventure Time. It doesn't insult viewers' intelligence and its characters are all quite lovable. In fact, it's arguable that the periphery demographic of 20-somethings who enjoy the show actually outnumber the target audience.

I never keep up with internet phenomenons, for many reasons.

I'm just saying, I've never watched it, but if I went amongst my friends and told them I watch my little pony there's a good chance I'd get seriously made fun of. :? To each their own, I'm not judging anyone, I'm only saying I thought my little pony was a cartoon with rainbow colored horses intended for children.

I don't agree. There are times were I don't think children would understand what they are talking about.
Pinkie Pie and Twilight have episodes where they freak out and I do not think it is appropriate for children.
I have a cousin who will be two next year and she prefers Dora the Explorer. Shows like that or Blue Clues are intended for children.
Just because it is a cartoon doesn't mean it is intended for children.
I think it is intended for all different people, all different ages, with all different types of issues.

If you have NEVER watched it you shouldn't judge.

I'm not judging it, I'm just wondering why 20 some year olds are watching it. Based on commercials I see on TV, the fact that it's about rainbow colored ponies, I would just assume the intended audience is for 2 year olds. I'd have to watch it for myself one day I suppose.

I must say 886, you are annoying. Go away if you have nothing nice to say. :)

I'm not saying anything bad, I'm just simply asking why you like it, I'm trying to learn here :? But if you're going to be a dick about it, I'll go elsewhere. :)

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:09 am

886 wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
886 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
886 wrote:
No offense intended, but I thought my little pony was intended for audiences under the age of.. well, 5.

I'm shocked a bunch of 20-some are all posting :?

Well, obviously you haven't been keeping up with Internet phenomenon lately. If you had, you would realize that a lot of adults think that the new My Little Pony cartoon, Friendship is Magic, is actually a wonderful show that can be enjoyed by people of any age, not unlike Spongebob or Adventure Time. It doesn't insult viewers' intelligence and its characters are all quite lovable. In fact, it's arguable that the periphery demographic of 20-somethings who enjoy the show actually outnumber the target audience.

I never keep up with internet phenomenons, for many reasons.

I'm just saying, I've never watched it, but if I went amongst my friends and told them I watch my little pony there's a good chance I'd get seriously made fun of. :? To each their own, I'm not judging anyone, I'm only saying I thought my little pony was a cartoon with rainbow colored horses intended for children.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultur ... p-is-magic

This should answer some questions.

I don't agree. There are times were I don't think children would understand what they are talking about.
Pinkie Pie and Twilight have episodes where they freak out and I do not think it is appropriate for children.
I have a cousin who will be two next year and she prefers Dora the Explorer. Shows like that or Blue Clues are intended for children.
Just because it is a cartoon doesn't mean it is intended for children.
I think it is intended for all different people, all different ages, with all different types of issues.

If you have NEVER watched it you shouldn't judge.

I'm not judging it, I'm just wondering why 20 some year olds are watching it. Based on commercials I see on TV, the fact that it's about rainbow colored ponies, I would just assume the intended audience is for 2 year olds. I'd have to watch it for myself one day I suppose.

Forgot to edit D:
People like them just because we like them. Most of us here are internet meme fans, and fans of animation in general. MLP:FiM is both of these things; despite the MLP name, it is actually quite fun and enjoyable to watch. I'm also a big fan of "The Regular Show" and "Adventure Time."
Also, alot of fans don't know why they like the show so much, theres just something about it that makes it awesome.

Last edited by ScientistOfSound on 21 Nov 2011, 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

BriannaBee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2011, 4:05 am

cw10 wrote:
Minor characters?

Does Luna count?

Luna is SO adorable! Well she was before they changed her design. Now she looks pretty cool but I like her old design better.

I like the show. It's cute and its animation is nice. My favorite is Rainbow Dash.

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 12:51 am

Poor Rarity still hasn't gotten out of the gate. :(

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 12:53 pm

cw10 wrote:

Maybe there is a reason to this. Maybe there is something to her personality that aspies dislike.

DoubleSPY
Raven
Raven

22 Nov 2011, 8:17 pm

Ganondox wrote:
cw10 wrote:

Maybe there is a reason to this. Maybe there is something to her personality that aspies dislike.

Personally I saw nothing wrong with Rarity, in fact she was my most favorite when I first started watching the show. But that's just me maybe other aspies don't like her cause she tends to be a girly-girl you know with so much fashion, and maybe some think she's really annoying since she tends to over exaggerate over a little thing like in ep.3 of season 2, but who knows really.