My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Page 5 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is your favorite pony of the mane 6?
Twilight Sparkle 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Pinkie Pie 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Applejack 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Rainbow Dash 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Rarity 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Fluttershy 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 28

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 12:35 am

Ganondox wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llvgqaTDgs1qjxtmio1_500.jpg

My sentiments exactly. It annoys me when I see humanized versions of the ponies. They're already totally cute, why do they need to be drawn as anime chicks?

Not that I have a problem with anime chicks or anything - In fact, I often think it's cute when live-action movie/TV characters are drawn that way. But the ponies are perfect the way that they are, is what I'm trying to say.

I think it is because people don't want to fantasize about a pony so they make it into a person so it is less weird. lol.

...I don't think beastiality is any weirder than lusting after characters from children's show in general. Anyway, pony ponies are cuter than human ponies, I like the lack of humans in my little pony: Friendship is Magic.

You wouldn't like the fanfic I'm going to write, then. Without giving away too many details, it's a crossover between FiM and my favorite Tim Burton movies, and the Burton characters remain human.

As long as it's not attempting to be canon I'm Fine.

Oh believe me, I'm the first one to admit that the stuff I come up with is not even close to canon. Numerous details about Equestria and some character's backstories are changed to suit the story I'm writing.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2011, 2:26 pm

Ok, it looks like we need a new topic of discussion. Any ideas? (I wish this was how conversing worked in the real world. )

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 12:26 am

Ganondox wrote:
Ok, it looks like we need a new topic of discussion. Any ideas? (I wish this was how conversing worked in the real world. )

I've got one in mind.

Since we've already discussed who our favorites are out of the Mane Six, why don't we talk about who our favorite minor and background characters are?

My favorite minor character is Photo Finish, the pony with the white mane in a pageboy haircut and giant black and pink sunglasses. The biggest reason why I like her is because her personality and character design remind me of Johnny Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka. The reason why they are so similar is because they were both allegedly based on the editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine, Anna Wintour.

I also really like Screwball/Topsy Turvey/Merry Melody, the crazed purple pony with the propeller beanie. Frankly I'm shocked that she hasn't been given nearly as much love as other background characters have.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2011, 12:36 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

I've got one in mind.

Since we've already discussed who our favorites are out of the Mane Six, why don't we talk about who our favorite minor and background characters are?

My favorite minor character is Photo Finish, the pony with the white mane in a pageboy haircut and giant black and pink sunglasses. The biggest reason why I like her is because her personality and character design remind me of Johnny Depp's portrayal of Willy Wonka. The reason why they are so similar is because they were both allegedly based on the editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine, Anna Wintour.

I also really like Screwball/Topsy Turvey/Merry Melody, the crazed purple pony with the propeller beanie. Frankly I'm shocked that she hasn't been given nearly as much love as other background characters have.

Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo, Princess Celestia, Spike, Gummy.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 3:23 am

IdahoRose wrote:
Ganondox wrote:

I've got one in mind.

Vinyl Scratch, Lyra, Bon-Bon, Roseluck (THE HORROR!) Derpy Hooves, Berry Punch, Spitfire, Soarin, and TGAPT.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2011, 3:32 am

I like derpy and berry punch too.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 7:19 pm

1. Photo Finish
2. Derpyhooves
3. Braeburn

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

Ganondox wrote:
1. Photo Finish
2. Derpyhooves
3. Braeburn

braeburn, big macintosh

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2011, 8:05 pm

psayles56 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
1. Photo Finish
2. Derpyhooves
3. Braeburn

braeburn, big macintosh

Aka the only decent male ponies.

Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
886 wrote:
No offense intended, but I thought my little pony was intended for audiences under the age of.. well, 5.

I'm shocked a bunch of 20-some are all posting :?

Well, obviously you haven't been keeping up with Internet phenomenon lately. If you had, you would realize that a lot of adults think that the new My Little Pony cartoon, Friendship is Magic, is actually a wonderful show that can be enjoyed by people of any age, not unlike Spongebob or Adventure Time. It doesn't insult viewers' intelligence and its characters are all quite lovable. In fact, it's arguable that the periphery demographic of 20-somethings who enjoy the show actually outnumber the target audience.

I never keep up with internet phenomenons, for many reasons.

I'm just saying, I've never watched it, but if I went amongst my friends and told them I watch my little pony there's a good chance I'd get seriously made fun of. :? To each their own, I'm not judging anyone, I'm only saying I thought my little pony was a cartoon with rainbow colored horses intended for children.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2011, 1:43 pm

886 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
886 wrote:
No offense intended, but I thought my little pony was intended for audiences under the age of.. well, 5.

Well, obviously you haven't been keeping up with Internet phenomenon lately. If you had, you would realize that a lot of adults think that the new My Little Pony cartoon, Friendship is Magic, is actually a wonderful show that can be enjoyed by people of any age, not unlike Spongebob or Adventure Time. It doesn't insult viewers' intelligence and its characters are all quite lovable. In fact, it's arguable that the periphery demographic of 20-somethings who enjoy the show actually outnumber the target audience.

I'm just saying, I've never watched it, but if I went amongst my friends and told them I watch my little pony there's a good chance I'd get seriously made fun of. :? To each their own, I'm not judging anyone, I'm only saying I thought my little pony was a cartoon with rainbow colored horses intended for children.

I don't agree. There are times were I don't think children would understand what they are talking about.
Pinkie Pie and Twilight have episodes where they freak out and I do not think it is appropriate for children.
I have a cousin who will be two next year and she prefers Dora the Explorer. Shows like that or Blue Clues are intended for children.
Just because it is a cartoon doesn't mean it is intended for children.
I think it is intended for all different people, all different ages, with all different types of issues.

If you have NEVER watched it you shouldn't judge.
:)

Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

psayles56 wrote:
886 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
886 wrote:

I don't agree. There are times were I don't think children would understand what they are talking about.
Pinkie Pie and Twilight have episodes where they freak out and I do not think it is appropriate for children.
I have a cousin who will be two next year and she prefers Dora the Explorer. Shows like that or Blue Clues are intended for children.
I think it is intended for all different people, all different ages, with all different types of issues.

I'm not judging it, I'm just wondering why 20 some year olds are watching it. Based on commercials I see on TV, the fact that it's about rainbow colored ponies, I would just assume the intended audience is for 2 year olds. I'd have to watch it for myself one day I suppose.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2011, 1:55 pm

886 wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
886 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
886 wrote:

I'm not judging it, I'm just wondering why 20 some year olds are watching it. Based on commercials I see on TV, the fact that it's about rainbow colored ponies, I would just assume the intended audience is for 2 year olds. I'd have to watch it for myself one day I suppose.

I must say 886, you are annoying. Go away if you have nothing nice to say. :)

Last edited by psayles56 on 18 Nov 2011, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm

There is a reference to calculus, the Fleur de Lis, and a reference to The Big Lowbrowski or what ever the name of the bowling movie is in the latest episode. There is older cultural references throughout, and most of the humor that isn't slapstick would go over a younger audience's head. For example there is quite a few alcohol jokes.

And yes, if you reveal that you like ponies to a group that is unaware of the phenomena they will make fun of you as they don't know what they are missing. :(

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

PONIES FTW.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Nov 2011, 5:35 pm

Sparx wrote: