Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

I have always had a low self-esteem and have always kind of been insecure about my appearance. I am not ugly at all and many people actually think I'm really handsome, but I'm really thin. In the US, most women seem to care more about your body than your face. One of my ex gfs actually told me that too bad my face is a waste because my body is so thin. She didn't really say it to hurt my feelings. She was trying to get me to workout and be buff or whatever. I workout sometimes, but anyways I digress. Over the past few years, I have noticed that my hairline is receding and people have been pointing it out and its really frustrating. I am worried that I will never have enough money to afford a hair transplant procedure because they cost so much. I thought about trying to get the hair transplant in India, Pakistan or Thailand because it would be a lot cheaper there than here in the US and I found some good certified and trustworthy doctors there, but I still need to save up the money. I have always had trouble making a lot of money and keeping jobs due to my poor social skills so I have this constant fear that I will just go bald one day and not have the money to get my hair back. I don't want to be one of those guys who just accepts being bald. I have shaved my head before and I looked terrible. I guess I just have one of those faces that looks better if I have a head of hair. It would suck to be working at a job and say I'm wearing a hat to cover my bald head and my boss is a dick and makes me take it off which would be humiliating because everyone I work with would see that I'm some creepy looking, super thin bald guy. I noticed that heavier set guys usually don't look so bad bald, but guys who are really thin and bald...look like child molesters...I don't mean to offend anyone, but that is just how I feel. Are there any balding people on here that can tell me how they feel and have felt during their hair loss experiences and what you are able to do to cope with it?

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 4:45 pm

Hello Alienboy. I sympathize with your self-esteem issues although I am not balding myself (less likely due to my gender).

1. Your face and body were apparently wasted on your ex-girlfriend.

2. People who point out things like receding hairlines have issues.

3. There is beauty in baldness like there is in all things. As for an example of a thin guy without hair who does not look like a child molester: Michael Stipe of REM. And pretty much any other thin bald guy who doesn't walk around saying creepy things about children. My wish for you re: baldness is that you can go bald proudly and be in whatever state of hair-havingness or not-havingness and be happy.

4. If you personally disliked the look/feel/etc. of being bald two thoughts came to mind: 1) Don't work in the kind of place that would make you take off a hat and 2) You could get a really beautiful tattoo or set of tattoos that covers your head. Or you could start some other trend involving something I haven't thought of.

Just my thoughts.

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 6:53 pm

I used to have some of the same concerns. Now I just take the hair cutting kit out and shave it. I kind of like it. Never needs combed, never needs washed, never messes up and it is always symmetical now.

Embrace the baldness!

peebo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 1:35 am

perhaps a toupée may be an option?

?Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property, is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or of those who have some property against those who have none at all.?

Adam Smith

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 2:08 am

Meh... I don't see baldness as ugly. I've shaved my head a few times and I'm a girl. I find it easy to take care of, though I prefer having a couple inches of hair because people don't think I'm on chemo that way. :roll:

If you do lose your hair and anybody gives you a problem about it, then you know they're not the kind of person you want to hang out with. Think of it as kind of a built-in jerk detector.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com