Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm

I'm not sure how often people accurately interpret my nonverbal cues. Based on experience, I'd hazard a guess that I'm more often mis-read than read accurately, though.

I think it's because I'm often sort of in my head (the world around me is too much to take in), don't respond to people outwardly unless I'm really focused on them, and I can't make my tone of voice match my intended message a lot of the time.

All that said, I could be wrong.

Love transcends all.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

26 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm

Thanks to all who responded! I'm eager to hear more insights or opinions! :D

abc123
Toucan
Toucan

27 Oct 2011, 12:50 am

I think generally people can't read me. My Mum says that I always seem laid back and don't outwardly show emotion. I'm a really stressed person. I have been quite seriously depressed and upset at work before and no-one will ask if anything is up.
I think sometimes if I don't like someone they pick up on a look I give them.

Re: the bit about sarcasm, I often find myself saying things that sound really sarcastic but are not meant that way.

tropicalcows
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2011, 12:57 am

My emotions are usually plastered all over my face. If I'm unhappy, I will look it. If I'm happy, I can't stop smiling. The problem comes when my emotions are fairly neutral. My face is often blank, and I will stare into the distance. People will ask what's on my mind. Usually when I'm staring, nothing is on my mind. Then they insist that thoughts must be running through my head when in reality it's one of the rare times thoughts aren't bouncing around.