Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 7:34 pm

I do not quite understand why, but I have an obsession with this show. I just spend all weekend buying and watching as many episodes as I could get from iTunes--in fact, I haven't slept in 36 hours (but that really isn't new) because I've just been watching TV on my computer. I don't know why I have this compulsion, but I enjoy it, even if it is slightly expensive and I just spend half of my paycheck on commercial free television.

I think my favorite episode of Season 7 (well, from what I've watched so far) is Demons. I mean, it really pushes boundaries as to acceptable law enforcement behavior, plus Stabler gets a lot of screen time, and also, it makes you think. My mom says it is "morally reprehensible" (which is ironic because that phrase is used in Season 7 episode "Raw") that I enjoy watching a television show about such terrible things.

Does anyone else like SVU? I have been a fan of the original Law and Order and spent many grade school summer vacations glued to USA reruns on the TV, but I never really became a fan of SVU until very recently. I really like the Bensen/Stabler team up; she is one female character that is sufficiently independent without being a psycho, plus I like her voice and she is a great actor. And Stabler, I dunno why I like him, I just do.

I think part of the reason I like this show is because it kind of helps me understand human emotion. I guess that may mean I am little crazy, but oh well.

Does anyone else like this show? Are there any episodes you recommend?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2006, 8:34 pm

I watch it because Monk is usually the next thing that comes on on Friday nights.

The first time I watched it was in December 2005, when I was sick, and I was too tired to get the remote to watch the Simpsons.

But SVU is intriguing. Very intriguing.

Tim

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 1:21 am

I'm actually (pleasantly) surprised that Vincent D'Onofrio is a leading man on that. I mean, the role I knew him best (the only role I knew) was as Edgar in Men in Black. I don't watch Law and Order often though. It's not the criminal investigation that scares me, it's the court scenes. It scares me, the tactics both sides will use. If I do go into forensics, I hope not to make too many court appearances. And if I do, I'd request that the opposing counsel attack me on evidence and technique, not on character.

On sabbatical...

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 1:23 am

The same Vincent D'Onofrio who played Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket?

Tim

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 12:51 pm

Its my girl-friends favorite show, its not really my cup of tea, but I watch it because she likes it.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 2:00 pm

Quatermass wrote:
I'm actually (pleasantly) surprised that Vincent D'Onofrio is a leading man on that. I mean, the role I knew him best (the only role I knew) was as Edgar in Men in Black. I don't watch Law and Order often though. It's not the criminal investigation that scares me, it's the court scenes. It scares me, the tactics both sides will use. If I do go into forensics, I hope not to make too many court appearances. And if I do, I'd request that the opposing counsel attack me on evidence and technique, not on character.

Mostly, that is Law and Order: Criminal Intent, not Special Victims Unit. Christopher Meloni is in Special Victims Unit. He played opposite Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride as her hyperathletic fiance, Bob.

NateSean
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2006, 7:40 pm

SVU was actually the only series of the Law and Order franchise I'd watch. I though the stories were what drew me at first. I like how they actually used headline news as the basis for each episode.

The character devleopment drew me next. Character development just doesn't happen often enough in the first series or in Criminal Intent, in my opinion.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2006, 9:12 am

I've gotten hooked on the Law and Order series and Law and Order SVU. I can watch the shows literally for days on end if I had the chance :P

I think it is because I've had an minor obbession with New York City for years. :?