Aspies having a sense of humor about having aspergers?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2011, 1:45 pm

Do any other aspies have a sense of humor about their aspergers? Am I the only one who calls it "ass burgers", or sometimes just the "burgers"?

You gotta admit, it's kind of a funny name for a medical condition

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 1:56 pm

I can't recognize any humor in those names. They are just flat and stupid. But if it pleases you...

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 2:06 pm

:lol: @the"burgers"

And to think I looked up the word synecdoche (click) just the other day--fortuitous timing indeed! :D

babybuggy32
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 2:19 pm

hahaha yup i got the burgers or just "the burgs" if you will... i think it is funny and can find humor in some of the satire out there such as tardblog! :lol:

MetalAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Oct 2011, 2:54 pm

babybuggy32 wrote:
hahaha yup i got the burgers or just "the burgs" if you will... i think it is funny and can find humor in some of the satire out there such as tardblog! :lol:

THE BURGS! i call it the burgs too!

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

MetalAspie wrote:
You gotta admit, it's kind of a funny name for a medical condition

Not really. It's just a German surname, that actually comes from a Latin word meaning "sprinkle", or "wash". Not any funnier than Alzheimer's, which turned into "Old-timers" in the mouths of the mentally deficient.

I do have a sense of humor about it, but not one based in the coincidental sound translated from one language to another, slightly scatological.

See the thread "You might be an Aspie if... " (Wherever it went to: I thought that it had a sticky.) for some of the truly funny things about it, really related to it.

-------

Asperges me, Domine

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 5:51 pm

i called my aspergers class an anal cookout once.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

23 Oct 2011, 7:26 pm

Hearing the words "ass burgers" was funny for a little while. Now it's just lame to hear the name being joked about.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm

I still call dicks with AS assburgers or asspies. I still think in my head "No wonder they call it assburgers."

I will also joke about anyone having AS when they are inflexible or lacking TOM or being rigid. I even joke about places having it too when the business is having a hard time with change. I used to joke about my computer having it because whenever it do updates on it, it mess things up on my computer like make it run slower and it seem to be acting up so I turned the updates off. It was like it had a hard time with change so it didn't do as well.

I will sometimes tell my husband "Stop being such an aspie" and he says "Maybe I do have it."

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

Its hard to be humorous when things are fairly bad, as some members here experience daily

Mine is minimal in comparison with some, so I can afford the luxury of humour

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 1:23 am

Perhaps it's due to my grandparents being German, but the name Asperger isn't funny at all. It's just a name. I can certainly see humor in wordplay, but this isn't one of those cases.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 6:54 am

In Dutch "asperge(s)" means "asparagus" and as I think very visually I see when reading or hearing "asperger" automatically asparagus in my mind. But it's not a joke, it is just happening.

Wayne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Oct 2011, 7:25 am

When I see one in the wild, I like to just say "ping", as in "this person is pinging my aspie-radar".

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Oct 2011, 7:39 am

In French, "Asperge"r means asparagus too (but the pronunciation is very different anw without "r", of course). It's not really funny. I don't like to joke about this.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 8:03 am

sMeow wrote:
In French, "Asperge"r means asparagus too (but the pronunciation is very different anw without "r", of course). It's not really funny. I don't like to joke about this.

I didn't meant it as a joke but only as a description what happens when I hear or read the word because of being very visually thinking. I cannot help it and therefore I rather choose "autism" or "autistic spectrum".

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

i joke about it in my head all the time. asparagus disease- my sister called it that because that is what she actually thinks it is called so now i say it in my head becasue shes an idiot and it makes me laugh. apparently she looked the symptoms of asparagus disease up too. i wonder what she got that could explain my behaviour. plus when i do certain things i'll make autistic jibes to myself.