Page 1 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 9:29 pm

God is a Dictator and life on Earth would be like a Dictatorship if God were real God would be worse than any Human Dictator and or Human Dictatorship does anyone agree ?

Christopher Hitchens debates Hannity on God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWoHh4_rVdg

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 9:33 pm

When I say God is a Dictator Im talking about the fact that God supports Slavery.

mikecartwright
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 9:42 pm

God loves slavery If the Bible is written by God, and these are the words of the Lord, then you can come to only one possible conclusion: God is an impressive advocate of slavery and is fully supportive of the concept.

http://godisimaginary.com/i13.htm

In my opinion it is hypocritical for God to disprove of the Egyptians enslaving his chosen people the Hebrews/Israelites but God approves that they the Hebrews enslaved Non Hebrew Tribes and Nations my question is why would God be upset with the Israelites being Slaves in Egypt but God is not upset with the Israelites enslaving other Nations/Tribes/Peoples ?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 10:24 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
God loves slavery If the Bible is written by God, and these are the words of the Lord, then you can come to only one possible conclusion: God is an impressive advocate of slavery and is fully supportive of the concept.

?

Yaweh was very anti-slavery. Jewish law limited slavery or indenture to seven years and Hebrews were forbidden to be slaves. The Hebrews were also commanded not to hold the period of slavery in Egypt against the Egyptians passed the fourth generation.

It was Christian mis interpretation of scripture that led many Christians to accept slavery (of non Christians of course).

ruveyn

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm

ruveyn wrote:
mikecartwright wrote:

?

Yaweh was very anti-slavery. Jewish law limited slavery or indenture to seven years and Hebrews were forbidden to be slaves. The Hebrews were also commanded not to hold the period of slavery in Egypt against the Egyptians passed the fourth generation.

It was Christian mis interpretation of scripture that led many Christians to accept slavery (of non Christians of course).

ruveyn

Agreed, though there were quite a few Christians out there that considered slavery to be wrong.

It's a case of people trying to dehumanize other people because they are different which tends to be a failing of humans.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 10:36 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

Agreed, though there were quite a few Christians out there that considered slavery to be wrong.

It's a case of people trying to dehumanize other people because they are different which tends to be a failing of humans.

The biblical Hebrews demonized the idol-worshiping tribes of Canaan and there was an attempted genocide of the Amalekites (which failed) When Joshua and the Hebrews invaded the Land of Canaan, the Hebrews of that age were as bad a** as the Jihadis of today. In the book of Joshua it tells of the utter destruction of 33 Canaanite cities. After a few hundred years the Hebrews became urbanized and soft and they inter married with the local tribes. Which is why the Assyrians and later the Babylonian (Persians) were able to whip them and destroy the Hebrew commonwealth.

ruveyn

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 10:17 am

mikecartwright wrote:
God is a Dictator and life on Earth would be like a Dictatorship ...

"Monarch" and "monarchy" would be far-more-accurate terms there.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

Misinterpretation of old testement or new testment law is very common among christians that only use these laws for their own gain and not a religious obligation I will not be so naive to denie that it has happenend.

Also I can not prove that God exists but you can't proove the he doesn't that is why it's called Faith.

spirtualpatterns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Oct 2011, 6:50 pm

According to the bible God flooded the earth, destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, made a wager with Satan over Job's faith, Cast the people of the world apart with language over the whole tower issue. Kinda sounds like a dictator to me.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 7:36 pm

spirtualpatterns wrote:
According to the bible God flooded the earth, destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, made a wager with Satan over Job's faith, Cast the people of the world apart with language over the whole tower issue. Kinda sounds like a dictator to me.

More like a person in a very foul mood.

ruveyn

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2011, 7:48 pm

Troll

spirtualpatterns

24 Oct 2011, 8:23 pm

shrox wrote:
Troll

:wink:

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Oct 2011, 1:23 am

mikecartwright wrote:
God is a Dictator and life on Earth would be like a Dictatorship if God were real God would be worse than any Human Dictator and or Human Dictatorship does anyone agree ?

At the risk of suffering a backlash of vitriolic responses I was compelled to post a reply. Please don't misunderstand this comment I am in no way disrespecting your viewpoint but I would like to offer another point of view. One that is not my opinion, but instead is an expression of truth found in virtually any bible you pick up (despite the language changes). Despite knowing that perhaps many will claim my words are mere "copy pasta" please know that these words I write are MY words. It took me three hours to write this reply. I hope there are not too many grammatical errors, and if there are, please excuse me. :)

First, there are two questions you should ask yourself. Is there a God, and is the bible His word? These two questions will help answer many of your view points. On the question as to whether the bible His word if you believe 2 Timothy 3:16,17 then it should provide comfort to know that God divinely inspired human secretaries to write his Word, and not the other way around.

Second, if you believe there is a God then reviewing the Genesis account has value. How? In creating us God gave us many wonderful qualities such as love, joy and compassion along with power and justice. But perhaps one of the most important gifts he gave us was free will. This gift is a unique trait only humans possess. Free will enables humans to make choices and decisions. Animals, on the other hand, are programmed from infancy to perform certain tasks. For example after trout are born they swim out to sea without their parent's guidance, and yet when they reach a certain age they amazingly travel upstream to the place of their birth, mate, procreate, die and the cycle begins again for a whole new generation. The same navigational instinct to return to ones' birthplace happens with sea turtles and birds of all kind. Amazingly birds can travel long distances without the aid of a compass from the earth's northern hemisphere to its southern hemisphere with incredible accuracy. Animals were given these many wonderful gifts, but these gifts aid in their survival. But as wonderfully made as animals are they cannot serve God. Animals simply cannot love like humans can, and therefore they cannot appreciate and love their creator. Only we can. The gift of free will enables us to do this.

So in seeing what God requires of us perhaps you see this through the prism of an imperfect human with free will. Romans 5:12 states, "That is why, just as through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned." The bible clearly states that Adam was created by God as a perfect man without flaw, and was given a wonderful paradise home, wife, and free will to enjoy it all. All God desired was for Adam to use his wonderful gift to obey God by not eating the forbidden fruit. Unfortunately, Adam greedily disobeyed. He not only condemned himself, he also condemned ALL his descendants to sin and death. I could go into why the ransom of Jesus' sacrifice is so important but this is another topic.

Was man - perfect or imperfect - ever designed to rule man? This fundamental question can be answered from the bible.

The prophet Jeremiah at chapter 10, verses 23, was inspired by God to write, "I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step." In other words if man cannot direct his own step without God's guidance and direction then how can he direct the steps of other through rulership?

At Ecclesiastes chapter 8 verse 9 King Solomon used his divine wisdom to write this inspired truth, "All this I have seen, and there was an applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury."

As was mentioned in the beginning God endowed us with many attributes to enjoy life with: love, compassion, power, justice, and free will. All of these were designed to in turn return the love to the One who created us. (Revelation 4:11)

But as the verses above state the simple truth is man was never designed to rule man. This is something that was reserved for Jehovah God who is called Sovereign of the universe at Psalm 47:9

Remember Jehovah God told the nation of Israel that "I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion." (Deuteronomy 5:9) If humans give their allegiance to another sinful, imperfect human how can they give God the exclusive devotion that he rightly deserves?

You might ask, well if this is the case then why does God permit all these earthly rulers to exist if they challenge his sovereignty? The rulers of the nations of earth exercise their limited rulership by the toleration or permission of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah. In this way the political governments do not receive their authority from God, that is, that they are not acting by reason of any grant of authority or power from him. This is shown at Revelation 13:1, 2, where the seven-headed, ten-horned wild beast is said to get “its power and its throne and great authority” from the Dragon or Satan the Devil. (read Revelation 12:9)

While God has allowed various rulerships of men to come and go, the mighty Babylonian king Nebuchadnezzar - after having been humbled by Jehovah’s sovereignty - was moved to say: “His rulership is a rulership to time indefinite and his kingdom is for generation after generation. And all the inhabitants of the earth are being considered as merely nothing, and he is doing according to his own will among the army of the heavens and the inhabitants of the earth. And there exists no one that can check his hand or that can say to him, ‘What have you been doing?’” — Daniel 4:34, 35. As a side note perhaps this King will be resurrected into the paradise to come along with countless billions "unrighteous" ones (Acts 24:15)

The fact remains human rulership has cause misery and pain for millenniums. Nothing has changed, and with humanity’s imperfections, greed, and lust for power even those who initially do good become corrupt. Even beyond all this mankind is plagued with the simple fact that even if a semblance of a utopia were achieved one fact remains: the whole earth is under the iron grip of Satan's control. First John 5:19 states, "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one." At second Corinthians 4:4 Satan is called "the god of this system of things." This is Jehovah God's word - his Bible - and even HE is telling people point-blank that Satan, not he, rules this system. This is his game, his show. Even Jesus called Satan, "the ruler of this world." (Luke 12:31) There's no denying that man has lived under the worst tyrant and dictator the world has ever known. Satan the devil is worst than all the world's tyrants and dictators combined. He is called a manslayer (John 8:44) and has brought NOTHING but misery and pain to people since the beginning.

But is it fair to call Jehovah God a dictator for desiring people to live the way he desires? Well, think of it like this. In order for people to live in Jehovah's new world people are going to need to make drastic changes in their lives in order to live by his standards. Why? Well if the new world were still populated with murderers, drunkards, extortioners, greedy persons, rapists, and so forth people would look around and exclaim, "This is no new world. This is the old world!" Jehovah has standards. There's no minimizing it. People who learn to live by Jehovah's standards now are actually training themselves for the new system to come. Here's another illustration. In creating everything Jehovah established certain boundaries in the physical laws of gravity and the foods we eat. For example humans can not assume that if they were to step off a cliff without any aid they won't die, or if they ate nothing but tree bark they wouldn't get hurt. The same law applies to trying to live outside the standards Jehovah God sets. Really his standards are there not to hinder your happiness but to protect us. It's like a father setting rules for their child... not because they don't love their children but because they want to protect them. But do you still feel God's standards a form of dictatorship? It's only hard now because of our imperfections. As humans we have a natural tendency towards doing bad. This is why we're sinful and imperfect. It's not our fault, it's Adam's. And despite our imperfections Jehovah God lovingly takes this into account and knows we are imperfect. (John 3:16)

But in keeping with Jehovah's provision of sacrificing his son so that those exercising faith in his son and doing God's will they might be saved (John 3:16; 17:3) what will the new world be like?

• “He will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore.” — Revelation 21:4
• “The lame one will climb up just as a stag does.” — Isaiah 35:6
• “The eyes of the blind ones will be opened.” — Isaiah 35:5
• “All those in the memorial tombs will . . . come out.” — John 5:28, 29
• Sickness will vanish. As Ruler of God’s heavenly Kingdom, Jesus will do healing on a far grander scale than when he was on earth. (Matthew 9:35; Mark 1:40-42; John 5:5-9) Then “no resident will say: ‘I am sick.’” — Isaiah 33:24; 35:5, 6.
• “There will come to be plenty of grain on the earth.” — Psalm 72:16
• "And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. 11 But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace." — Psalm 37:10-11
• Jehovah’s worshipers will live in security. (Leviticus 25:18, 19)
• Lovely new homes and gardens will occupy land that had once been ruined by sinful humans. (Isaiah 65:21-24; Revelation 11:18)
• Parts of the earth already subdued will expand until the whole globe is as beautiful and productive as the garden of Eden. And God will never fail to ‘open his hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.’ — Psalm 145:16.
• There will be peace between humans and animals. Wild and domestic animals will feed together. Even a little child will have nothing to fear from animals that are now dangerous. — Isaiah 11:6-9; 65:25.

And the bible is filled with many more scriptures. Honestly, does this sound like a dictator? Does this sound better than world Satan has crafted? I think yes!

Edit 1: completing a thought in one of the paragraph
Edit 2: trying to fix grammatical mistakes
Edit 3: more fixes...

The former things have passed away."

Last edited by kxmode on 25 Oct 2011, 2:25 am, edited 6 times in total.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 1:26 am

The above poster is a troll-buster! Bam!

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2011, 8:38 am

If brevity is the soul of wit, then....
:wink:

spirtualpatterns

25 Oct 2011, 1:40 pm

shrox wrote:
The above poster is a troll-buster! Bam!

There are plenty of people like myself that troll these forums as well and post their opinions as often as they please. I am entitled to my opinion and so are you. Good day sir! :idea: