Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 12:33 am

DoubleSPY wrote:
I love Oblivion. I mostly loved the DLCs' for it (most favorite was the Shivering Isles) The voices were good too, though I miss the dark elf voice from Morrowind. I can't wait for Skyrim though I wonder how it will turn out since there is no emperor and amulet of kings. Despite those negatives Oblivion was still a good game.

i'm not to keen on the voices most npcs just sound bored, reminds me of the atmosphere in new vegas only not as depressing as hell. but i do notice something about oblivion and dragon age, the npcs say alot of the same combat dialog, in fact i've heard alot of the same battle cries in both games, "this is where you fall down and bleed to death" is one of ser gilmore's [not the mod] most spoken lines, i've heard it quite a bit i may have heard a few of alistair's lines as well.

makes me wonder did dragon age get inspired by elder scrolls... weird but cool.

i wish i could make a decent looking character in it though, i might model one off of harkness for kicks.

Shishka
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Oct 2011, 3:37 am

DoubleSPY wrote:
I love Oblivion. I mostly loved the DLCs' for it (most favorite was the Shivering Isles) The voices were good too, though I miss the dark elf voice from Morrowind.

I love Sheogorath's voice :lol:

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 9:55 pm

i think i glitched my game to all hell, i didn't know how to complete a quest so i messed with console commands, glitched through walls and locked the quest up permanently, so i found another command to finish the quest... only it finished the whole game and not just that quest.

oh well i'm already messing around with mods, got a drake mount, more hairstyles because damn it 6 isn't enough. i need some more eye colors as well, 3 ain't much of a selection. more carry weight because if i want to loot everything in the dungeon i will damn well do it. a mod for healing because that was just needed. poor paladin couldn't heal worth crap kept dying due to sucky heal spells. i need to find something to change his hair style it's default and i don't like it.

but going back into the race change menu screws my stats.

P_James_Moriarty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2011, 12:00 am

Try the "eyecandy" mod and absolutely get the Oblivion mod manager.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 2:06 pm

P_James_Moriarty wrote:
Try the "eyecandy" mod and absolutely get the Oblivion mod manager.

eye candy mod hmm never saw that one i'll check it out, i have the mod manager but i can't make heads or tails of it, i just put in mods the normal way. fallout mod manager was easy to figure out this one is confusing how do i install mods with it anyway, heck it's simpler just to drop them in the data folder.

P_James_Moriarty
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2011, 2:25 pm

OMM comes with a readme file w/ instructions and the eyecandy file comes with a readme that gives instructions how to install and set up with OMM. No sweat.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:15 am

P_James_Moriarty wrote:
OMM comes with a readme file w/ instructions and the eyecandy file comes with a readme that gives instructions how to install and set up with OMM. No sweat.

i found out you have to put the files in the folder omm comes with, which is in the oblivion folder in steam, and by the time it would install something i could have gotten it installed faster in the data folder.

and i can't find this eye candy thing i found a ton of mods to go with it, but not the original. if it's a body mod then i'll pass i went through enough headaches with one already, finally got the textures to be visible, it was odd watch all the guys walk around with no bodies. but at least this game doesn't holy hell crash when a glitch happens, like fallout 3. i've walked through trees got stuck in walls etc.. and no crash to desktop best feature yet.

i'm working on a companion right now, it's lonely out there traveling solo.