Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

Call me crazy, but I think that the Seahawks should take a chance on Terrell Owens because for the short term he could get us out of our offensive funk and into NFC West contention. Maybe Jet City life would loosen him up a bit. That or he could go to the Raiders or Chargers. There's no way he's going nowhere this year no matter how bad his reputation is.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 4:07 pm

Call me crazy but I think we should stop pretending that American football is a sport.

We should take away the ball and give "players" swords and have them go at each other.

That's what the football demographic really want to see anyway, right? That, and race cars crashing.

Bread and circuses. Except we have wellfare and food stamps and tobacco and alcohol in lieu of bread.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 10:38 pm

Call me crazy dilbert but that is a pretty nasty opinion. I won't even ask what you think are "real sports" because honestly I would almost certainly agree with you that those too are "real". I can respect anyone who can bust enough ass to get the call at a pro/olympic level in any sport, I'm genuinely curious what your beef is with football specifically.

At any rate, I disagree with JML too about the Seahawks, they have nothing to lose, but not enough to gain either to take a chance on TO (and just to qualify I am a Seahawks fan first and foremost). Aside from that...

Raiders would be taking a big gamble with TO, that's an interesting call that could be money or could backfire horribly.

Chargers would actually be a pretty good fit, I could see that for sure.

Other teams I could see: Bears, Lions and maybe the Buccaneers--I think you hit the "best fit" on the head with the Chargers, and next best IMO would probably be the Lions.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 11:32 pm

Quote:
That's what the football demographic really want to see anyway, right? That, and race cars crashing.

Ooh, look at me, I'm so smart.

I quite like race cars and hope to build them someday. No, I do not like seeing them crash, though. As far as American football, I used to enjoy it as a kid, but I think that was slightly emulational. I wanted to be a kicker, and actually wrote Jan Stenarud and got his autograph. Maybe at one point, it was an Aspie obsession of mine, I'd practice kicking for hours a day in my yard. But, when I actually tried playing in a Pop Warner league, didn't work out at all. I didn't have the personality for it.

Seriously, playing football is tough. Lots of those football players tend to be able to bench, squat, etc, alot of weight. You need very good explosive power. Personally, I much liked soccer and found it much more fitting for me. I enjoy watching soccer more, too. Football, for me, I don't like how basically every play lasts like 5 seconds, no fluidity in the game at all. But yeah, now that I'm actually athletic again, and out of my nerdy basement dweller phase I was in, I can quite appreciate the athleticism required for football. Just yeah, not my thing. When I do watch football, I much prefer college football, as the players aren't overpowered behemoths yet, and the ball goes farther than 2 yards every single play.

Sorry for jumping in on your thread, but I felt the need to defend it somewhat.

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 12:01 am

T.O. in the 619 would be a perfect fit for him because it would be his best and last chance of winning a Super Bowl ring before he officially retires from the game. He would be like the John Elway of wideouts if that happens.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

30 Oct 2011, 11:57 pm

JML101582 wrote:
T.O. in the 619 would be a perfect fit for him because it would be his best and last chance of winning a Super Bowl ring before he officially retires from the game. He would be like the John Elway of wideouts if that happens.
The guy who used to be the starting QB for the Broncos? Elway throws a Vortex better than he throws a football.

Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 3:43 am

JML101582 wrote:

I don't know if I really see him coming up to seattle, we've got plenty of recievers to work with as it is, especially the amazing doug baldwin.. problem is no one's throwing to them :?

It'll be the same story for T.O, except worse, because this time his QB will actually be terrible.