Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2011, 12:01 pm

I just hope that no one is insulted that I decided to post this is the best spot to get an answer. No, I am being sexist.

Two days ago I made a pretty decent lasagna-the pasta did not overcook. Half of it is leftover and the younger, by 3 months, gentleman I live with would like it served warm/hot. Personally I do not care if it is heated up. My big problem is soft, mushy pasta. :x Since I find it easier to keep him happy than myself I have decided I should heat it. He is not as picky about things as I am.

Is it possible to serve hot leftover lasagna that doesn't have pasta/noodles that has a texture as though it was mush? If it isn't PLEASE let me know so that I can tell him that someone agrees with me and he probably would like it better cold.

safffron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2011, 12:10 pm

Congratulations on your fine lasagna. You could serve yourself a cold portion and then pop his into the oven.

myth
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

The noodles tend to absorb moisture while sitting in the fridge, as is the nature of noodles.

I'm not a super cook or anything... so I'd say oven or toaster oven is your best bet to warm it up while reducing sogginess.

Here, check this out:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/42825 ... -the-oven/

They're talking about being worried it will dry out, though, not be too soggy. So I wonder if this is even a legitimate concern.

Nothing is absolute.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

I really appreciate your replies, Myth and Saffron. :D

If it dries out I would rather happy.

Due to the fact that I live in a 5th wheel RV I use the grill outside instead of the oven. The ovens in these things are terrible.

Thank you very much. :D