stumbelina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2011, 4:16 pm

Todesking wrote:
How to quit like a boss.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yVrohE9FjU0[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=yVrohE9FjU0

Haha! Excellent!! What a way to leave, definitely going out with a bang!! :)

Thanks for everyone :)

stumbelina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2011, 4:39 pm

glider18 wrote:
Jobs can be very challenging indeed. You are not alone in feeling stressed at work. At the end of my day I am usually stressed and full of anxiety. What keeps me going are the thoughts of getting home to interests and family---and away from work. If you can find another job that you would like better, then you could consider that. I just think about the fact that I get a paycheck and the day ends when the bell rings. But...I am currently stressed too. So many things have changed at work. I no longer feel in control of things. I feel like I'm on pins and needles. But let's all try to hang in there together and hope for better conditions in the future. I do know in my case...things could be a lot worse. But they could also be a little bit better. I hope things can improve for you.

I know that feeling to well... In January the company was quite small, employing maybe 40 people.. In February the company relocated to a different town, and it moved to a much larger premises over the weekend!! ! It now employs about 200 people! They have expanded way to quick, and taken on way to many orders for the capabilities of the factory!! ! It was awful...

I hope things work out for you also

strangethingie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2011, 11:33 pm

I had a very similar experience recently. To cut a very very long story short I was head bar staff at a social club and been there 6yrs. Had many a run in with the committee (my big bosses) over the years, I must admit I got away with murder with them most of the time, and how I never got sacked before hand is a miracle. But they got away with a lot with me so I suppose we where even ...... Anyway I walks in to work one afternoon to be greeted by my manager lurking on the doorstep as she does when your in trouble, to find that the committee had given HER a final warning for not doing her job properly because apparently I had paint on my uniform. I go mental and have a major meltdown and said a few choice about the committee, my manager had no idea how to handle the situation and calls one of the committee in. That made me worse and I told them to stick the job where the sun never shines and I thought they where a joke, and stormed out! I was expecting a call or letter a few days later to be asked in for a meeting, but never heard anything from them until 4 week later when my P45 arrived in the post!! !

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:17 am

I would never walk out on a job under normal circumstances, but I did walk out on one and then called the next day to say I won't be returning. I was working for one of those telemarketing companies that calls up certain people to try and work with them to get their interest rates reduced on their credit cards. At the time I desperately needed a job and I was willing to take anything. The office environment was noisy, unprofessional, and hostile. I was not confident in the service we were selling because it was obviously a scam no matter how much others tried to spin it. People were paying $600-800 just for some random person to get on the phone with them and call up their bank to ask to transfer their credit card balance to a lower interest credit card, a service they could have easily done themselves if they wanted. I was only there a week before I walked out, and it's a good thing I did because later that year the FTC raided the premises and shut the whole place down.

gaz1990
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Dec 2011, 7:02 pm

I've walked out of pretty much every job I ever had [total? between 17 and 20]. It was mostly because I couldn't cope on the first day, I'd go into a mini frenzy about how I'd never be able to cope in the place for the rest of my life and I'd have to leave. One time, my new supervisor noticed a customer was staring straight at me but I was not saying hello to her. I knew she was there, but I wasn't able to talk to her, she had a very bitchy vibe, so I kinda pretended not to see her. She spoke to me about some car light bulbs, I mumbled something about looking for them, spent ten agonising minutes failing to find them, she got angry with me and told my boss I was a bad assistant then stormed out. Before my boss even came over to me, I grabbed my bag and left, knowing I wouldn't be able to work there. That was only after two to three hours of working there!
I did manage to part time work in a store restacking shelves, it was perfect for me, nobody to talk to, just get on with the job. It got bad, because in the staff room, my team leader guy asked me if I thought he was a mug. I think he thought I'd said something nasty about him and was questioning me on it. But, in my literal ways, at the time I thought, MUG? A mug is a cup? How on earth can a man be a cup? So I thought, right, he's using a metaphor, mug must be a new word people are using, So I guessed it meant, a person who lets people fill him up with emotions, like a mug gets filled with water. So I said,'' yes, i do think you're a mug'' and before I could explain my reasoning to him, he glared at me and told me to get out the room. It was only after that I asked a friend what MUG meant, and he told me I'd basically called my boss a bit of a fool who isn;t aware of whats going on, someone who is easily taken advantage of. Not good.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jun 2012, 7:29 am

stumbelina wrote:
So I lost it and had a massive argument, which ended up me telling him he was a stupid idiot!! ! I then walked out my job!!

You've got to find a way to handle it. Either take a break and step away, or find a way to calm yourself.

Calling your manager an idiot is a sure way to get fired. Adults don't scream at each other in the workplace... so your manager and you were both in the wrong.

Walking out of a job is a sure way to get fired. And, 3 times? I would've fired an employee the second time, if not the first.

Trading jobs with someone else at your office is a big no-no. Sure, it's "just a factory," but imagine a secretary trading jobs with a surgeon? An employer hired you for one job and one job only. If you want to trade jobs with a co-worker, you both should talk to the employer first.

You don't want to burn bridges that could be good references for future jobs.

Factory work might mean references are less important, so good luck in finding another job.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2012, 10:25 pm

I walked out of one job after a day and a half. I was thrown into a situation where I was given work I wasn't really interested in, was given little instruction, and wasn't entirely sure what the expectations were. Add to that apprehension to tell my supervisor that I was confused, and, well, it didn't end well.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 7:00 am

I had two jobs ever. My first was a paper route and after two weeks I just didn't go and deliver the papers one day. I don't remember if my mother called them to tell them I quit or if they called and talked to my mother or me and were told I quit.

With my other job one day I just couldn't take it any more and told my boss that I quit and then sat around waiting for my friend that also worked there to give me a ride home. That job lasted 5 weeks.

There is no way I could give a 2 week notice. If it's bad enough that I'm quitting there is no way I could last 2 more weeks.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 3:13 pm

There's always this way.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPrSVkTRb24[/youtube]

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com