Thumbs down to Best Buy, two thumbs way up to EA.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KenM
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 4:54 am

I preordered Battlefield 3 about a month ago from Best Buy. When I picked up my copy at the midnight release tuesday morning they said that the code to get the exclusive preorder bonus from them would be emailed to me within 15 minutes. Two days later I still don't have the code.

So after work I go down to Best Buy and ask about it. I get the standard pass the buck excuse. "not our fault, its EA's issue, ect." Despite the fact that I told them that it was not EA that promised me this exclusive content. I also pointed out that the transaction took place at a Best Buy store, I gave Best Buy my money and since Best Buy advertised said content, it was there responsibility to provide the paying customer what Best Buy said they would. Nothing worked, so I go home and call EA.

After talking on the phone with EA customer service, EA gave me the codes for all 3 exclusive pre order content. The one from Best Buy, the one from Game Stop, and the one I think if you pre ordered online from EA.

8) :D

qwertywop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2011, 11:08 pm

Best buy's service sucks.
I went down and got a new asus cm1600 series desktop for christmas and two weeks later the damn thing blue screened on me. I took it down to the store and show it to the guy and he calls out a guy to handle it because apparently the whole product line had issues. I was pissed that they had sold me a product that they knew had a bad history but then lo and behold the guy who had been dealing with these things was the same guy who suggested that I buy it in the first place. So I end up having to wait 2 weeks for them to "fix" it only to have it break again a month later. I take it down and demand a replacement of a different model so I dont go through this BS again, But they refuse and I get stuck with the same turd in new packaging. Again it breaks, I take it down file a complaint and tell them to ship it back to the manufacturer. A month later I go down And it turns out they just had it sitting in the stock room the whole time. Afterwards I just went straight to ASUS, but their customer support takes a week just for them to file my issue. *facepalm*

willa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 12:26 am

Ya. I havn't stepped into a Best Buy in about 6 months and plan to keep it that way.

I had bought a new wireless router, old one finally kicked it. The new one was awful, every 30-45 minutes I would get kicked and it would take ~5 minutes to reconnect. And on top of that it didnt support 2 people on it. If I was using it and say then my brother turned his computer on and connected to the wireless it would kick me, then after a few seconds of being disconnected my PC would reconnect and boot his laptop, then when his tried reconnecting it would boot me and it would get stuck in this loop endlessly until one of us disabled our wireless adapter.

Now since my brother was only at my condo like every other weekend it wasnt a huge issue and it took until his second trip to figure out what was going on lol. Well after 35 days I decided I had had it, I was gonna go exchange it for something better. I was a member of their silver members rewards and the big thing you get with that is a 45 day return policy so figured I'd take advantage of that.

I was denied. The guy told me all I could do was exchange it for the exact same make and model because it was a discontinued item so not covered under the same return policy. Of course I inquired as to why something like that wouldn't be covered when I bought it, why the guy who told me it was a solid router also didnt tell me "oh btw, it's on sale because we are discontinuing selling it due to it's incredibly poor performance"
I wasn't even trying to exchange it! I just wanted store credit so I could go buy a better and significantly more expensive router! And well within the period given for exchanges. Needless to say I walked out and went elsewhere.

So ya, that was just about 6 months ago now and they will never get a penny out of me again.