Aspie Affection website impractical / unusable?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Oct 2011, 10:02 am

i was just wondering if any of you guys have used the aspieaffection.com website and actually had some success (like finding someone you liked who lives NEAR YOU (within 200 miles or something)?

currently the 'search' function is bamboozled. i'd be cool if someone would FIX IT, but i dont think this is happening any time soon, or it would have likely been fixed already (as not being able to search on a dating website is a pretty colossal fail).

is this website usable at all? is there some workaround to make it so you can actually use this website to find people who live near you?

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 10:18 am

I think Aspie Affection is a neat idea, but I HIGHLY doubt it will achieve the scale necessary to become a viable business. I looked on it once and there weren't any single females within a 500 mile radius of me. Granted Vegas isn't exactly an Aspie friendly town, but there's more than 2 million people in the larger community. I can't possibly be the only one here.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 11:25 am

perfunctory at best.

1. 3:1 male to female ratio
2. broken site functions
3. small population

Saxgrrrl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2011, 12:52 pm

It looks like a bust. You're not going to find anyone very close if you have what, 4000-6000 members, 3/4 of them male? after doing a quick search, it doesn't seem like anyone is actually ever on there. Yeah, there are people with accounts, but when their about me says they're in the late teens and the age on their account is 3 or 4 years older? Apparently, this has no success and probably not a lot of success in the future unless there is a sudden influx of people sometime soon. And it looks like just a regular dating sight...in all of the personal information, there is nothing about if you are diagnosed with aspergers or not or just looking for someone with aspergers or anything like that. not one word. It's subpar. :hmph:

vilin66
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Oct 2011, 12:57 pm

All online dating websites are sausage parties. Simple as that.