How society rejected men and created 4chan and Anonymous.

Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 11:41 pm

Oodain wrote:
LKL wrote:
Eldritch terror is always attractive! :wink:

Pray to whatever gods in which you believe that my hubris for harnessing such an evil power shall not be the end of me.

Freya: Norse Moon Goddess and leader of the Valkyries. Passion: Sisterhood and Beauty will protect you because your so good looking :wink:

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 11:26 pm

Oodain wrote:
the whole premise of "there is no point in being female on 4chan" is ridicoulous, there just isnt any idea for you to try to differentiate between sexes on 4chan,

then again i view 4chan as a place akin to ppr,
one knows what one goes into, if you cant take it, dont go and if you didnt know then you shouldnt even have been there.

I'm a female and I go on because some of the crap I see on there is just plain freakin awesome. I get a good laugh out of some of the disturbing sh#%t that pops in there when I'm shearing with some bronies. Or geeking over yaoi with some other messed up fan girls. I don't even really mind being trolled sometimes.

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2011, 5:32 am

Two different glimpses of humanity:
1 - Facebook, with it's preening and posturing and shallowness. Strip away the vanity and BS and we see:
2 - 4chan. It is cruel and heartless. So is Facebook, just in a different way.

Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 6:23 am

I am a fan of the old fashioned rules of behavior when it comes to interacting with women. As a general rule, despite a couple of exceptions I have found that these rules are mostly compatible with modern women. Though I have had a couple of people take issue with my opening doors for them or standing when they leave the table. The idea that empowered women means men cannot be themselves is, with some exceptions, utter bunk.

If you are such a misogynist that you need to take your disrespect to 4Chan in order to find an outlet, then good riddance. That kind of male domination of women was antiquated centuries ago. The fact that we have moved towards women's right while at the same time maintaining the social pressure to respect women is a sign of sucess not failure. This pressure, once exercised by men on men is now exercised by women as well and good on them for stepping up in their own defense.

There are some worrying signs, the divorce rate, the increasing number of violent young women certainly tells us we have not got the balance right yet. I personally think the answer sits in men acting like gentlemen and women respecting that choice. It does not disempower women when a man opens a door, it is a sign of respect. It is also a sign of respect when you get a slight smile and a nod when they walk through it.

As far as I am concerned, be a man and respect women... You wont get respect by default you have to show that you deserve it by acting like a proper man... Not a barbarian.

Was not spoken of the soul.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

31 Oct 2011, 7:40 am

Quote:
I am a fan of the old fashioned rules of behavior when it comes to interacting with women.

As am I, but there is no point anymore. Chivalry has to be a gift freely given, from a position of power or it means nothing.

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, be a man and respect women... You wont get respect by default you have to show that you deserve it by acting like a proper man... Not a barbarian.

Why the hell should I respect women just for being women? I don't extend the same courtesy to men. I respect actions, words, goals, ideals. Whether they belong to man or woman.
Are you sure you are not confusing politeness for respect?

Crom is a grim, gloomy and unforgiving god, ever watching from atop his mountain in dark clouds and obscuring mists, ready to pass disapproving judgment on any and all. But he is said to value courage and tenacity in mortals, even if they ultimately fail.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:50 am

So really it's a bunch of sad, socially rejected nerds deciding to go away in their little caverns to work out ways to be horrible to the people outside getting on with their lives.

How childish can you get.

Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:56 am

lilypadfad wrote:
As am I, but there is no point anymore. Chivalry has to be a gift freely given, from a position of power or it means nothing.

Rediculous. One cannot be powerful for the entirety of a life. So it follows the chivalry is required to not come from a position of strength, otherwise it would be meaningless to act in a proper fashion during one's youth or old age. There is a power to chivalry and it has nothing to do with power over women. It is based on our willingness to unreservedly protect women from other men. If it is turned towards a women then it betrays all that it exists to do.

Quote:
Why the hell should I respect women just for being women? I don't extend the same courtesy to men. I respect actions, words, goals, ideals. Whether they belong to man or woman.

You are not required to extend the same courtesy to men, that is the whole point. Chivalry is based an respect for women and a responsibility as a man to protect them. It is a gift freely given out of respect for yourself as a man. One of the major problems in our society is that man do not teach this to one another and that is mostly our fault. A couple of hundred years ago there would have been similar complaints about the actions of other men. How you chose to behave however is entirely about you.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 9:01 am

There's nothing wrong in talking about 4chan or anonymous or men. It's just what lilypadfad makes of it is completely over the top.

Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

Gedrene wrote:
There's nothing wrong in talking about 4chan or anonymous or men. It's just what lilypadfad makes of it is completely over the top.

Agreed

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 2:28 pm

91 wrote:
It does not disempower women when a man opens a door, it is a sign of respect.

lilypadfad wrote:
Chivalry has to be... from a position of power or it means nothing.

This is why two men showing the same behavior will get drastically different responses from the women those behaviors are directed at; 91, this is why women started showing offense at things like having doors held and chairs pulled out. Men like lilypad are why the feminist movement was necessary.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 3:45 pm

ahhh, PPR regulars. just gotta let you know.... i appreciate your responses. even though this is a subforum that is populated by a male majority, you don't stand for any weak misogynistic crap in here. i just wanted to say... thank you. :heart:

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 4:06 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
ahhh, PPR regulars. just gotta let you know.... i appreciate your responses. even though this is a subforum that is populated by a male majority, you don't stand for any weak misogynistic crap in here. i just wanted to say... thank you. :heart:

And there's the Matriarch, gracing us with her presence to show her approval of her mindless slaves. Come to spout your feminist hatespee...oh hell, I can't do this. :lol:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 4:14 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

Aw, WP's resident super hero approves of us?! :o And I hear people on other subforums say they avoid us! Isn't PPR the best :P

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

Go and make me one.

(Sorry, had to lower the tone just a little bit.) ;)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

:lol: i graced you briefly with my presence, my valiant footsoldiers! and now i can no longer tarry, i must awayyyyyyyyyy.....

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 4:21 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
:lol: i graced you briefly with my presence, my valiant footsoldiers! and now i can no longer tarry, i must awayyyyyyyyyy.....

That's a very good idea, actually - I must leave too. I like my face how it is. ;)