Page 3 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 5:46 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
History Channel has degenerated into probably the dumbest channel on television. Ancient Aliens is pretty hilarious tho I gotta admit.

There are dumber channels and "The Universe" kind of makes up for it.

TLC is pretty damn bad

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Oct 2011, 5:58 pm

Vexcalibur wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
History Channel has degenerated into probably the dumbest channel on television. Ancient Aliens is pretty hilarious tho I gotta admit.

There are dumber channels and "The Universe" kind of makes up for it.

The Universe is a pretty cool show agreed. I dunno tho, History Channel is pretty bad now. The majority of their programming involves UFOs/ghosts/vampires/some sort of paranormal BS, end of the world/Bible prophecy BS, and job reality shows like Ice Road Truckers/Axe Men/Swamp Men/about 10 other ones. I guess Pawn Stars and American Pickers aren't too bad.

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 6:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Hikikamori wrote:
So how did those ancient structured that we can't even build today get built?

Slave labor and time. The only reason such structures don't get built today is lack of funding, lack of interest, or both. Then again, you've never been to Las Vegas, have you?

well, today structures would probably use the labor force of illegal aliens, no?

Last edited by blunnet on 31 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 6:04 pm

shrox wrote:

Same hair, must be true!

I just busted my gut.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 6:09 pm

blunnet wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Hikikamori wrote:

Slave labor and time. The only reason such structures don't get built today is lack of funding, lack of interest, or both. Then again, you've never been to Las Vegas, have you?

well, today structures would probably use the labor force of illegal aliens, no?

True but I doubt the Senators of New Mexico would want to make the Pyramids as a sarcophagus to themselves. Their electorate might get shirty about paying any form of progressive taxation.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2011, 6:31 pm

Aliens are interesting but I am not to sure of their existince :wink:

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 6:36 pm

Tacitus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

How about the old adage " Question everything?"

I try not to pass judgment on any given topic until I have sufficient truth to give me a real idea. If sufficient info is unavailable I may offer a thought or two but won't shoot the idea down all together.

I think Aliens exist, sure, but I think most UFOs that have every been seen are likely made right here on planet earth by human beings of this planet; but that's just how I see it. We can all view it as we please.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:42 pm

Tacitus wrote:

If I take that literally then I must question the adage " Question everything ". Does that mean there are things that ought not be questioned?

ruveyn

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 10:35 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Tacitus wrote:

If I take that literally then I must question the adage " Question everything ". Does that mean there are things that ought not be questioned?

ruveyn

you should prolly keep A = A

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 7:28 am

blunnet wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Hikikamori wrote:

#

am i the only one itching to correct the fact that the pyramids did not use slave labour?
at least not as the main source of work, they used payed farmers in the flood season (the whole delta would be flooded and as such they cannot use their fields, making money working on the pyramid instead.

sorry for the nitpicking :?

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 10:03 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Tacitus wrote:

ruveyn

What about A ≠ ~A?

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Tacitus wrote:

ruveyn

What about A ≠ ~A?

the real question is what about A∴A∴?

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:29 am

JakobVirgil wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
Tacitus wrote:

ruveyn

What about A ≠ ~A?

the real question is what about A∴A∴?

Therefore ad infinitum of a tautology?

CrawdiddyJones
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Nov 2011, 11:31 am

Ancient Aliens is meant to be laughed at, otherwise the History channel would not make it and take it seriously. I believe in aliens, however even I laugh at the "scientific" attempts to persuade that these are alien artifacts. If aliens exist, they would probably be as arrogant as humans, and if contact were made, we would all be dead. Even if they came in peace, we all know how columbus and smallpox went down.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 12:06 pm

CrawdiddyJones wrote:
Ancient Aliens is meant to be laughed at, otherwise the History channel would not make it and take it seriously. I believe in aliens, however even I laugh at the "scientific" attempts to persuade that these are alien artifacts. If aliens exist, they would probably be as arrogant as humans, and if contact were made, we would all be dead. Even if they came in peace, we all know how columbus and smallpox went down.

If aliens exist and are not technologically superior to us, but we to them, then what if we develop interstellar travel first and find them first? There are certainly shows like SG1 and movies like Avatar which portray extraterrestrials as native Americans and Minoans and Egyptians and every other past culture and civilization on Earth just about, but often enough we seem to not only blindly assume the existence of aliens but also their superiority. Let's assume here that there are sentient extraterrestrials who understand or can understand mathematics and science if they bothered to try, who's to say that they would? Science was stillborn in Greece here and if it weren't for key people who cared about honesty and about the nature of truth back in the 1500's through the 1800's we'd probably have had the death of science for a second time around. Why should these conjectured aliens have even gotten as far as that? Because "they're aliens" and thereby they are also assumed to be more advanced because they are alien? You mention Columbus and smallpox, and yet did smallpox lead to an intentional biological genocide? If aliens exist, who is to say that they'd even have dioxyribonucleic acid? They could have completely different cellular biology if not completely different biochemical processes. If they were on the other side of the galaxy and were identical to us though, that would have implications for a common Designer though.