A good man, may he rest in peace.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Pitty he has passed away, I recall watching his Jim will Fix it TV show when I was young.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

I'm sorry but I have to post this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECrJaIOcCLs[/youtube]

Clunk click every trip.

amojak
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2011, 6:18 pm

Hi,

Watching the clips of Jimmy and people saying about his very private life has me thinking...

Could Jimmy be an example of an Aspie who successfully formulated a mask and hid his difficulties under the image..

In one clip of a documentary he is asked "is it true you feel no emotions" , his reply is "no, it is easier not to show them".

One of the hardest things i find with Aspergers is expressing emotions correctly or at all sometimes (under stress especially) and i can relate to avoiding showing them for fear of coming over the wrong way etc..

He was an intelligent man (Mensa member i see) and very creative within a defined area (invention of twin decks, the "disco" ).

If he was an Aspie then the flamboyant front must of been extremely tiring to maintain if behind it was a man otherwise locked up in his own head.

Just a thought anyway . Perhaps more will come out about his very private life "off camera" over time?

AQ - 44
EIQ - 57
BAP - 129 Aloof, 103 Rigid, 132 Pragmatic

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 4:28 am

It's possible I suppose, however the not showing emotions thing is quite common in people from some parts of Yorkshire. I know because my family come from there and it is not acceptable to cry or anything in front of others. I liked him because he was an odd man but not afraid to show it!