Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Rasta
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

Okay I'd just like to say a couple things.

One is that for me (and probably lots of other people diagnosed with aspergers)... mushrooms are very good for because if you have a heavy dosage, you will probably learn how to let go of the ego, which is a beautiful feeling.

You can also get this from meditation though ;).

Also although I really dislike most LSD because I think it's dangerous and can actually inflate your ego for improper reasons if your not careful.

One thing I learned from LSD is that it proves to me that Autism & Mercury have a connection. I realized ages ago that LCD monitors contain mercury, so I always unplug mine while I meditate or listen to music. I'm so used to having it off, that I realized if I'm watching the screen before bed it will cause insomnia just from looking at it.

I was on LSD and simply watching the screen for a few minutes would drain all my energy until I shut off the screen or closed my eyes. The affect is very intense.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

I've wanted to try mushrooms, I'm not the kind of person that becomes addicted to drugs because I use them for spiritual reasons like meditation. I also don't like the feeling of being intoxicated so it's not something I'm into doing very often. I do like to use psychoactive drugs to learn more about myself. I don't like man made drugs though. Although I've thought of trying LSD I've decided to stick to more natural stuff. I did find the couple times I've smoked weed I learned new social skills I miss out on in childhood. Actually LCD monitors make me feel very sick on a regular basis. I get fainting spells and sometimes insomnia.

Tilkor
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Oct 2011, 10:19 pm

I'll have to admit, I don't understand drug usage myself. After all, pure Aspie thinking can be considered a good thing. For instance, several known or suspected aspies out there in the world have a reputation for creating standards. Why would anybody want to change that?

Tilkor

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2011, 10:37 pm

If you take pure honey that is not diluted with water and put some magic mushrooms in the center of a glass canning jar full of honey. Cover it in a towel then set it in a cool dry closet and let it sit for 2 weeks - a month. The hullicengenic chemicals leech into the honey turning it blue. Remove the mushrooms then stir up the honey getting an even mix then let it sit for another two weeks. Put on some toasted muffins and trip your balls off to the tasty honey goodness. Its called blue honey check it out on google before trying it. :wink:

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 2:24 am

I would like to warn people that LSD and magic mushrooms are dangerous. These drugs could make your worst nightmares come to life and frighten the wits out of, I am aware that in the 1960s many LSD thrill seekers ended up in mental hospitals after losing their grip on sanity as a result of bad trips.

I also think that the general autism discussion is not the place to discuss the "joys" of drugs of abuse.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 3:25 am

Rasta wrote:
Okay I'd just like to say a couple things.

One is that for me (and probably lots of other people diagnosed with aspergers)... mushrooms are very good for because if you have a heavy dosage, you will probably learn how to let go of the ego, which is a beautiful feeling.

You can also get this from meditation though ;).

Also although I really dislike most LSD because I think it's dangerous and can actually inflate your ego for improper reasons if your not careful.

One thing I learned from LSD is that it proves to me that Autism & Mercury have a connection. I realized ages ago that LCD monitors contain mercury, so I always unplug mine while I meditate or listen to music. I'm so used to having it off, that I realized if I'm watching the screen before bed it will cause insomnia just from looking at it.

I was on LSD and simply watching the screen for a few minutes would drain all my energy until I shut off the screen or closed my eyes. The affect is very intense.

I prefer to watch 'lost in space'

Fragmented
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2011, 4:04 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I would like to warn people that LSD and magic mushrooms are dangerous. These drugs could make your worst nightmares come to life and frighten the wits out of, I am aware that in the 1960s many LSD thrill seekers ended up in mental hospitals after losing their grip on sanity as a result of bad trips.

I also think that the general autism discussion is not the place to discuss the "joys" of drugs of abuse.

While I love your sig, I must disagree completely. As I am aware, you're not old enough to have been around in the 60's to see these "LSD thrill seekers," but just old enough to have heard all the nonsense that anti-drug people spew with no basis in facts.

Well, a grain of truth anyway. Nightmares coming to life is not, as far as I know, actually what happens during a bad trip. A bad trip is when you're still in an altered state of mind and you no longer wish to be in an altered state of mind. Being unable to end an altered state is like.... It's like if you took the cure for autism, and then realized, oh crap, I don't want to be normal after all, it sucks.

Drugs are NOT for the faint of heart or the weak of mind, and a lot of times this basically means autistic people. Not that we're weak, but drugs are VERY overwhelming if you're not careful.

They can cause people to have short episodes of psychosis in rare occasions, but they don't last for longer than, from what I've read, more than a few weeks, and that's the ABSOLUTE worst case.

Drugs deserve respect. To take drugs purely to get "f'ed up" is not a good reason, especially not for people like us. On LSD, one was able to determine by looking at other's faces the "social hierarchy." It makes faces more interesting and you see detail in people you didn't previously see. It makes looking at people tolerable. It can help you to understand body language, and there is data to support this from what I've read. If I find the article again I'll post it.

Anyway, treat drugs with respect if you're going to do them, if you don't like them, don't tell tales without actual knowledge of how they affect people. This probably should not be in this section, but drugs can help people if they're done in ABSOLUTELY the perfect circumstances. Otherwise, yes, they can be bad. That is all I have to say.

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score: 37 of 200

melanieeee
Raven
Raven

30 Oct 2011, 5:15 am

there is no such thing as a absolutely perfect circumstance to take drugs particularly if we are talking about reality and practicality. drugs are an unregulated market.

Fragmented
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2011, 5:23 am

melanieeee wrote:
there is no such thing as a absolutely perfect circumstance to take drugs particularly if we are talking about reality and practicality. drugs are an unregulated market.

No, there absolutely is. That's why the first thing anybody will tell you about hallucinogenics is: Set and Setting.

Yes, okay, there's no "perfect," let me rephrase with "best possible circumstances." And if you're doing it for therapeutic reasons, you wouldn't be doing it in a bad place after a crappy day. You'd be doing it after a good day, in a good space, preferably with a sitter who can talk you down if you start to freak.

I assure you, reality and practicality are easily circumvented with some planning. This is the part that most people forget because they're idiots. You can't do these things willy nilly or without knowledge of the drug. That's how people end up spazzing and or doing stupid things. People need to stop using scare tactics about drugs and tell the truth about these things and how to be safe. Drug education is like sex education, you might not want people to do it, but they're going to anyway, so you should teach them reality, not fantasy.

Aspie Score: 170 of 200
NT Score: 37 of 200

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 6:01 am

It really annoys me when people casually talk about the many drugs they take, as if it's legal, while I have no idea how or where to get them, and I need them more :x

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 6:27 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATwc1AhFu88[/youtube]

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2011, 7:54 am

Well, I haven't tripped in a long long time. Back in the olden times I used to do it a lot. I'm sure I've tripped more than, say, 99.999% of the world. Often I would do it alone, which tends to bring the intensity up a notch.

For me, all those solo trips (and often, the accompanied trips too) were a conscious attempt at self-improvement. Can't say for sure if it's been an improvement or not (wasn't able to splinter myself into pieces to add a control group for that experiment) but LSD definitely played a big part in shaping my life as it is today. Mushrooms too, but not as pleasantly. I think it's because they grow in ~ you know ~ cow pies. :P I found out some things about myself while under the influence of mushrooms... I'm glad now that I know myself that way, but it was really stressful at the time, to have all my dirt dug up and shown to me, uncovered, no excuses, just reality.

Stressful, but freeing.

Personally I always preferred LSD ~ a shortcut to a higher plane of existence ~ but. BUT! BUT! (shakin' the big "but" here) ~ at the time, I had access to the cleanest, purest, freshest LSD imaginable. I knew where it came from, who made it, and when they made it. (The right place ~ the right person ~ and very recently ~ or flush it.)

Times have changed, and from what I have seen recently, it doesn't seem as if people give a hoot about their acid's pedigree...

One trip can be life altering beyond description, so it seems to me a good idea to know for sure what you're ingesting.

Oh yeah ~ it took me a long time and many many trips to figure this one out ~ LSD can be a bit of a prankster ~ such that literal interpretation of acid fueled revelations may not always be appropriate.

Nowadays, since I don't have that source anymore, I'd probably say go for the mushrooms ~ keep a friend or two at hand, or accessible ~ spend time outdoors ~ and don't expect to be the same person coming out the other side.

Of course, I'm not advising anyone to use illegal drugs. Especially considering all the neurodiversity on this board. As a parent, I'm against it... so if you were my kid, I would say you should wait a long time. (As a matter of fact, that is the advice I give my kids....) But then again, they are already pretty enlightened, by virtue of being my offspring. :heart: They don't need any chemical revisions.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 11:33 am

Woodpecker wrote:

My boss did LSD when he was my age. I think to an extent it takes a special kind of person to be able to enjoy/handle the effects of LSD. My boss told me it opened his mind and that's why he's not square and more humanistic than the robots in current society. Of course he told me that one on his friends he was doing it with did end up in the psychic ward. He said the guy that it happened to did have deep issues and also took too much against other peoples advice. I myself am not scared of mental hospitals I just think of them as a very annoying inconvenience.

holocryptic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Oct 2011, 12:44 pm

Woodpecker wrote:

LSD was a psychiatric drug that was used for about 30 years as a treatment for various disorders and syndromes including autism. It is a tragedy that psychedelic drugs have become inaccessible to the people who can benefit from them, all because of cultural norms. There were two factors that led to them becoming illegal: the hippies used psychedelics as a sacrament and symbol of their revolt against popular culture, and many psychiatrists were reluctant to embrace psychedelics because transpersonal experiences were not a part of Freudian theory.

There are very few drugs that have no side effects or potential for abuse (even water can kill if it is over-consumed,) this isn't a reason to ban them. The power and usefulness of psychedelics in therapy is in their ability to manifest subconscious associations that the conscious mind suppresses or misinterprets. A skilled therapist can easily work with a bad trip to make the patient conscious of issues that have been causing anxiety or depression. Stanislav Grof published several books on his work with these drugs before they became illegal. In the last few years their medical use has restarted, with the help of organizations like the Beckley Foundation and MAPS.

There is a lot of misinformation about the potential for harm. People still end up in the hospital because of bad trips, but it isn't permanent. There is no evidence that schizophrenia or another psychotic disorder can develop in people who were otherwise healthy.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

you and the god damn mercury. f**k mercury. i could eat fish from the river outside the potomac coal station every day of the week and not be any more autistic for it.

twich
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

Rasta wrote:

I don't know how this proves a link between autism and mercury.... To me it looks like it almost links mercury and insomnia for you, but when you take drugs it's easier for you to sleep. The fact of the matter is, for insomniacs, they tell you not to do things like watch TV or play video games or even be on the computer soon before bed because of how your brain reacts- It can put you into a state that is almost like an awake sleep thing, but that same process stimulates your brain in a way that can cause sleeping harder to do. Mercury or not- It's the act of watching a screen, not the fact that you're autistic or that there's mercury somewhere.

As for taking drugs, I'm not into "scare tactics" but a lot of the time people who are for doing drugs do the exact opposite of people who are against them, they only tell about the good things- Both sides need to remember it will effect everyone differently. I've seen not only bad effects while ON the drug, I've also seen the long term effects from taking them, not in myself as I don't do drugs, but very good friends. If you want to take them, that's your business, some people have amazing trips while high and in a "good" setting with "good" people, some don't, some have both good and bad times. Some never get the long term problems that can happen, some do... Don't forget to mention the fact that they're illegal. You need to decide for yourself whether it's worth the risk of a bad trip, the jail time if you're caught with possession, and whether or not the possibly long term effects are worth the short term ones. This should be considered with any drug, illegal or not (if it's not illegal, you don't need to consider jail time, just the other stuff) Just be aware of what you're putting into your body and what it could be doing to it.

Last edited by twich on 30 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.