Page 1 of 23 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 12:33 pm

Since there's been a lot of topics like "Favorite Characters" and "Characters you feel sorry for", I though it would be interesting to discuss the characters in movies and TV shows that we dislike the most. Here is my list: :)

Mr. Krabs from Spongebob Squarepants: Probably my most hated character on the show. I don't like this guy because he's a greedy monster who treats his employees and his customers like crap, but what really gets under my skin is the fact that he always seems to get his way when it comes to his selfishness. It also disgusts me how much Spongebob worships him.

Eddy from Ed, Edd, n Eddy: My least favorite of the Ed boys. Like Mr. Krabs he's a greedy jerk who treats his friends badly, but unlike Mr. Krabs he doesn't always get his way and his selfishness ends up bringing his downfall in every episode. I think that if Ed and Edd didn't hang around Eddy all the time they might actually get along with the other neighborhood kids.

James Bond from the 007 films: I know a lot of people like James Bond, but I personally can't stand him. There's just something about him that gives me the impression that he's a sociopath, like the fact that he has no problem with killing lots of people and thinks he can just sleep with every hot girl he meets. It's not really the fact that he sleeps with lots of women that bothers me, it's the fact that he seduces them even when they have no interest in being with him and he builds a romantic bond with them only to dump them in the next movie. Also in the old movies back in the 60's Bond wasn't always potrayed as the nicest guy when it came to his women.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm

Gwen Tennyson(Ben 10): She's OK most of the time, but sometimes she can be a real stuck up b***h. I guess you can't 100% blame her as her cousin Ben can be quite arrogant and a whole lot of of other things. It also doesn't help when she and Kevin side with Ben's girlfriend Julie when they gang up on Ben. Tony Stark, Peter Parker and Rex Salazar are lucky to not have known these people.

Fred Jones(Scooby Doo): Again I don't 100% hate this character but he can be kinda bland sometimes. He's the leader of Mystery Inc and always instructs the gang including poor Shaggy and Scooby on what to do. In the Scooby Doo live action movie he's potrayed as a bit of a jerk, which is kinda interesting because they have given him a personality but an unlikable one of that. In 'Scooby Doo Mystery Incorperated' he's potrayed as a bit of an idiot, especially when it comes to Daphne flirting with him and he doesn't take notice at first until the Hex Girls episode and later on he even proposes to her. The whole thing that happened in the last episode made Fred a very more interesting character. The whole trap obsession is really stupid at times. Sure it could be considered as a hobbie like building model ships, but it's portrayed so stupidly such as trap magazines and trap museums.

Leo Spitz(Transformers Revenge of the Fallen): He's loud, stupid, annoying, unnecessary, pointless and he makes the twins more likable. I'm so glad he wasn't in Dark of the Moon.

Anakin Skywalker(Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace): I would rather hang with Jar Jar Binks. It's hard to believe that this annoying yippie yelling little twerp grew up to be one of the greatest villains in cinema history. I will be honest despite their flaws I do actually like Episodes I and II and Hayden Christensen may have overacted a bit in Episode II but was a slight more better in Episode III. Also I like the voice of Anakin in the Clone Wars animated series.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 5:00 pm

Well to be honest I don't 100% hate Eddy, there are times when he is nice to his friends and stands up for them. Plus I liked how in the movie that ended the show he started admitting his mistakes and realized he does care about his friends. But sometimes the greed and disrespect towards his pals gets a little too much for me.

Oh and as for Fred, I kind of perferred him in the old Scooby Doo shows compared to the new shows and movies. While he may have been a stereotypical Alpha Male, he was at least useful and actually helped to solve mysteries and catch villains. Though I can also say that in the old show Daphne was potrayed as a bit useless and ditzy and it was nice how in the new shows and movies she's a lot smarter and can defend herself instead of always being captured by the villains.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 5:12 pm

Homer Simpson, he is self centered and lazy and is abusive towards Bart. Why did Marge marry him?

Angelica Pickles from Rugrats, she is mean and manipulative and a bully towards the babies

South Park:

Shelly Marsh, mean and abusive towards Stan

Butter's parents, mean parents and abusive towards him

Cartman, mean and selfish and a bully and only cares about himself and is manipulative and a hypocrite

--------------------------

Kel from Kenan & Kel, just an annoying character and accidentally ruins things and messes things up and how can Kenan stand him?

Megan from Drake & Josh, always playing tricks on her brothers and gets away with it

Eddie from Tru Confessions, sorry but I couldn't stand this person because he does things and gets away with it and I didn't like the parents either. No way would my mother have let me do that stuff as a child, she would have yelled at me and make me apologize and send me to the stairs or something if I didn't quit. So unfair. I hate parents who let their disabled kids run around free and doing stuff that bothers people just because they have a disability.

Raymond and Charlie Babbit from Rain Man. Raymond just frustrated me and Charlie was selfish so he kidnapped his brother because of money. He felt it should belong to him.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 6:02 pm

The only fictional character I truly dislike is Wesley Crusher. I was so glad when he left the show.

Oh, I guess there is another one.... Myron, from Fallout 2.

...but I don't hate him like I hate Wesley. I hate Wesley because at best he's a wanker and at worst he's a poorly conceived, one-trick-pony character. How many times do we need to see boy-genius save the day?

By contrast, I hate Myron because he is a completely despicable, thoroughly obnoxious, fantastically written/performed character.

In short:

I hate Wesley.

I LOVE to hate Myron.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 6:57 pm

Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (either version) - Although there are plenty of reasons to dislike all of the kids from these movies (even Charlie), I hate Veruca the most. The thing that disturbs me the most about her is the way she treats her parents. I love my parents very much, and to see someone manipulate and emotionally abuse their parents the way Veruca does literally makes me want to cry. That's not even touching on the fact that she's spoiled beyond rational thought.

The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland (2010) - Though she is actually kind of sympathetic in some respects (I felt bad for her at the end of the movie), that doesn't excuse the fact that she used a dragon to slaughter the Mad Hatter's clan, and that is unforgivable to me.

The Dormouse/Mallymkun from Alice in Wonderland (2010) - She is easily the most annoying character in the movie. Most of her dialogue consists of "She's the wrong Alice!" and her attitude really sucks, especially considering the way she treats Alice.

Jim from Edward Scissorhands - One of the biggest jerks I have ever seen in a movie. He got what was coming to him at the end.

Joyce Munroe from Edward Scissorhands - She's... eh, how can I put this lightly... kind of a floozy, which isn't a character trait I particularly admire. But what sealed the deal is that she forces herself on Edward and then when she is rejected, she spreads a horrid rumor about him, which helps fan the flames of the neighborhood's growing distrust towards Edward.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Oct 2011, 7:28 pm

I dislike Bella from the twilight movies she annoys me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 7:47 pm

Dr. Tam from Firefly/Serenity. He looked and talked exactly like "The Weasel" (current whereabouts unknown) -- a person who hired on and tried to get several of us fired for his screw-ups.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 9:20 pm

Arkie Ragan (Bangkok Hilton) he latched onto Katrina and planted drugs in her camera case (that he bought her) then left her to get the blame at the airport he got his just deserts in the end.

Lord barkis(Corpse Bride) for what he did to Emily and then he was going to murder Victoria as well anothe one who got his just deserts.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 9:20 pm

Every single character in The Breakfast Club. There's absolutely NOBODY to root for in the entire film. On one side, you have completely morally repulsive adults, and on the other, a motley crew of self-absorbed teenage monsters who spend the movie swearing every goddamn motherfuckin' shittincondoms line, bitchass.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

I thought of another person: Barbara Jean from the show Reba. I think this woman was supposed to be funny to the audiance because she was so crazy, but something about her annoyed me. Like the fact that she's supposed to be such a goody two shoes Christian woman but doesn't seem to grasp the fact that she commited a big sin by getting pregnant with Reba's ex-husband while they were still married and still insists on being Reba's friend despite the fact that Reba has a legtitmate reason for hating her. There's also the fact that she can be kind of a selfish b***h with her husband, like when he was suffering from a clinical depression and rather than supporting him she got angry with him and kicked him out the house, and then decided to go to bars and flirt with guys because she wanted to "punish him" as if suffering from depression is really anybody's fault. Then there was the final season when she lost all her weight and decided she wanted to be a TV Weather Girl, and for some reason that I still can't figure out she decided she was unhappy with her husband and wanted to divorce him. She ultimately decided to stay with him on the last episode, but after all the drama she put him through I think he would have been better off without that nutty psycho. Then there's the fact that she has such a strange obsession with Reba and makes vaguely lesbian jokes about their friendship, even to the point that when Reba was in the hospital and her husband said they should let her rest Barbara told him she was going to "rip out his beating heart and give it to her best friend". I found that line to be more disturbing than funny...

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 10:53 pm

I agree with you on Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, although Eddy's obnoxiousness is tolerable compared to that little b***h, Sarah, and that douchebag, Kevin. God, I hate those two characters. :x

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 11:00 pm

Descartes wrote:
I agree with you on Ed, Edd 'n Eddy, although Eddy's obnoxiousness is tolerable compared to that little b***h Sarah and that douchebag Kevin. God, I hate those two characters. :x

Yeah I agree Sarah is a brat, but I think Kevin's attitude towards the Ed Boys is understandable seeing how they are always trying to rip him off and usually end up breaking his bike which is his pride and joy. I mean if somebody broke something of mine that I valued a lot I'd probably hate them too.

Sarah really has no excuse for being so mean to her older brother because he's very protective of her and always trying to make her happy. She's the only one of the neighborhood kids that I have no sympathy for when something bad happens to her.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 11:34 pm

Michael Myers from the Halloween franchise. I hate him because he kills indiscriminately and he just won't f*****g die. I do not buy the fact that an entire police force can't even stop him. Somebody just needs to off that Motherf***er once and for all. Blow him up with a grenade. Chop his head off. Incinerate him to ashes. Do something besides fire a round of bullets and stab him. Of course, Michael was supposed to have been killed at the end of H20 until some moron decided to make another unnecessary sequel, completely sh*****g on what was established in the previous installment in the process.

Mystique from X-Men: Evolution. She's a spiteful b***h. At the end of season two and the beginning of season three, the X-Men confront her after she blows up their mansion, and she has the f*****g nerve to ask them a favor! Then she gets all pissy because somebody traps her ass in Area 51, even though that's exactly what she deserved.

Chris Hargensen from Stephen King's Carrie (both the novel and the movie adaptation). She is a f*****g sociopath. She thinks it's good fun to play horrible (and often illegal and even deadly) pranks on people. She and a group of girls harass Carrie at the beginning of the story and she gets suspended from school and from the prom as a result. You know what the f*****g slutbag b***h does? She blames Carrie for her misfortune! She is an outright horrible human being and f*****g deserved to die at the hands of Carrie.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 11:43 pm

Descartes wrote:

Chris Hargensen from Stephen King's Carrie (both the novel and the movie adaptation). She is a f***ing sociopath. She thinks it's good fun to play horrible (and often illegal and even deadly) pranks on people. She and a group of girls harass Carrie at the beginning of the story and she gets suspended from school and from the prom as a result. You know what the f***ing slutbag b***h does? She blames Carrie for her misfortune! She is an outright horrible human being and f***ing deserved to die at the hands of Carrie.

Yeah I remember reading Carrie and seeing the movie, I found it to be more of tragic story than a scary one. I especially hated Carrie's mother, people who are that fanatic in their beliefs regardless if it's about religion of patriotism really disgust me. What made the situation so horrible was the fact that Carrie suffered abuse both at home and at school and really had nobody to help her. Sue and the P.E. teacher both tried to step in because they felt sorry for her but it was pretty much too late. Even if Carrie didn't have those telekentic powers to kill her mother and all her classmates I'm sure she would have found another way like bringing a gun to school and shooting everyone.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 11:54 pm

GreySun369 wrote:
Descartes wrote:

Chris Hargensen from Stephen King's Carrie (both the novel and the movie adaptation). She is a f***ing sociopath. She thinks it's good fun to play horrible (and often illegal and even deadly) pranks on people. She and a group of girls harass Carrie at the beginning of the story and she gets suspended from school and from the prom as a result. You know what the f***ing slutbag b***h does? She blames Carrie for her misfortune! She is an outright horrible human being and f***ing deserved to die at the hands of Carrie.

Yeah I remember reading Carrie and seeing the movie, I found it to be more of tragic story than a scary one. I especially hated Carrie's mother, people who are that fanatic in their beliefs regardless if it's about religion of patriotism really disgust me. What made the situation so horrible was the fact that Carrie suffered abuse both at home and at school and really had nobody to help her. Sue and the P.E. teacher both tried to step in because they felt sorry for her but it was pretty much too late. Even if Carrie didn't have those telekentic powers to kill her mother and all her classmates I'm sure she would have found another way like bringing a gun to school and shooting everyone.

Ugh, her mother! :x

The f*****g crazy-ass b***h deserved to have been locked up for child abuse and Carrie should have been placed into a foster family. That's what pisses me off about the story. If this had happened when Carrie was still young, then she probably would have lead a normal and happier life. Instead, despite obvious signs that Carrie was being abused, nobody bothered to do s**t about it. Thanks a lot, as*holes.