Page 20 of 23 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 5:46 pm

MissBraniac92 wrote:
I hate Jasper from Steven Universe and I don't have much reason to care for her.

her "fusion is just a cheap tactic used to make weak gems stronger" line is extremely spoof-able.

besides that, i've not seen anything else i like in her.

i've also only seen the pilot and the smoky quartz/sardonyx episode. take that as you will.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 11:34 pm

b9 wrote:
i don't like ellen degeneres.
every time her show comes on at 12 midday, all you hear for the first few minutes is the shrill screams of adoring fans (i wonder whether it is dubbed).

she has no dancing skill at all, but she does some hip swinging dance to whatever song she chooses for the day's show, and she walks among the audience which are in awe of her.

why? it's probably because she is a lesbian and therefore nothing but approval is socially acceptable.

anyway, even if it is on the TV in my bedroom and i am in the office, i can still hear this white noise of shrieking manic approval.

i must find the remote rapidly and stop it no matter what TV it is on.

another group of people i dislike are the fat unshaven people in shows like "alaskan gold miners" or "deadliest catch" or "abalone wars" etc.

every time one of those shows comes on, there is a flurry of "bleeps" due to their inability to refrain from foul language, and even when i am in a different room where i can not hear their voices, all i hear is bleeps every few seconds. idiots.

they are also greedy and do not care about life.

If they're gonna swear that much, why don't they just put a "viewer discretion is advised" disclaimer and just not censor it? I find censor bleeps to be extremely annoying and grating on the ears. Maybe they're less offensive to American sensibilities, but here in Canada, people f*****g swear. It's not a big deal to us. :P I've heard Australia is pretty liberal about swearing too, which is funny since we're both British Commonwealth countries.

Speaking of which, I think you'd hate Trailer Park Boys. It's a crude show full of fat, hairy guys who speak mostly in swear words, and it's just got this goofy Canadian charm to it. Aside from all the guns (which sorta makes sense since the main characters are ex-cons O_O), the guys on there honestly remind me of the type of people I grew up around.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 8:58 pm

Belson, from Clarence. I understand the kid's probably got issues because his dad's a workaholic who's never around and substitutes material things for actual affection, but even still, he's a selfish brat who treats everyone around him like s**t, and Clarence puts up with so much from him. It probably also doesn't help that he almost shares his name with a WWII Nazi concentration camp.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2017, 6:32 pm

Samantha's father Maurice from "Bewitched" I was watching an episode where Darrin Thanked him for helping them and Maurice was very rude to him, I was thinking that was so uncalled for, it was the episode when they were testing Tabatha to see how strong her powers were, then Endora and the others wanted to take Tabatha away, Maurice came to help them.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2017, 7:50 am

I never liked Pinocchio. I haven't seen the cartoon, but I read the book as a kid. First and most important, he killed the cricket. In addition, I just found him to be so dumb and lacking in impulse control. He was given money to buy school books and didn't, he went with those other kids when he wasn't supposed to. He made so many poor choices that I was disgusted with him and found him incredibly annoying. I felt sorry for the cricket and also for Gepetto, who only got trouble and misery for trying to be kind to the living piece of wood.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2017, 8:17 am

I think the most infuriating characters I can think of are Horrid Henry, and his little brother, Perfect Peter. Even though I used to watch the show and read the books when I was little, nowadays the franchise makes me cringe. The voice-acting for all the characters on the show is abysmal as well.

Henry, the main character, is a selfish, greedy brat and a bully who treats everyone like dirt and thinks the whole world revolves around him. He moans all the time, and often finds himself a sneaky way to get what he wants (sometimes his plans backfire, sometimes not). What doesn't help is the show tends to portrays him in a positive light, as if he's the hero and everyone else is evil and only exists to make his life a nightmare.

Peter is Henry's polar opposite: overly polite, brags about being so good, worships homework and chores, etc.
Despite his apparent angelic demeanour, he's an absolute wimp and a manipulative grass, and revels in seeing his brother disciplined. In fact, if, for whatever reason Henry decided to start behaving, Peter wouldn't have it and would decide to set Henry up, so he'd have something to be shouted at for again.

Johnny Test, for similar reasons to Henry, is another contender.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2017, 10:38 am

Merida's 3 brothers in "Brave". She was trying to save the mother of all 4 of them, yet when she asked for their help, they negotiated how long she'd have to give them her desserts, as if it didn't concern them.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2017, 4:41 pm

Brooke from Magic Mike, she's a f*****g c**t

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Apr 2017, 8:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Every single character on that awful show, king of the hill...I always turn that off really quick when it comes on. Perhaps I will be back with some more specific ones.

I used to dislike King of the Hill before it was canceled because I thought it was just a stupid show about stupid rednecks for stupid rednecks and I didn't think it was necessary for such a realistic show to be a cartoon (although when I think about it, live action versions of Dale, Bill, and Boomhauer would just be disturbing). Nowadays I never really watch it unless there's nothing else on, but I enjoy its subtle humor at times. I like Beavis and Butt-head and Office Space a lot better though when it comes to Mike Judge's creations (although I hate Idiocracy with a passion).

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

10 Apr 2017, 7:37 pm

I f*****g hate the four

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2017, 7:00 am

Griffith from Berserk, anyone who's reached the relevant point of the story knows exactly what I'm talking about.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 4:51 pm

One show I hated was Crossing Jordan. The cast members had cold personalities and the whole show was boring.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm

Captain Chantel DuBois, Madagascar 3

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 4:44 am

Handsome Jack (Borderlands 2)

Aloysius Pig (Garfield and Friends)

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2017, 5:52 pm

Doctor Who- Peter Capaldi (sp?) as Doctor Who. The man ruined the series for me. I'll try to tune back in when they phase him out.

I never really liked Jack on Will and Grace, he always seemed so one-dimensional compared to the other characters, which is saying something. Grace was exchangeable at best.

I never liked Oz or Riley or Angel or Spike on BTVS. I did end up liking Spike, but it was a tough sell, and right around the time he was chipped I started disliking (is hate too strong a word?) Buffy and Xander. I started disliking Willow too after the death of Tara. I never did like Faith or Dawn either.

I never liked Rachel or Joey or Ross on Friends, and only sometimes like Monica. I liked Chandler and Phoebe though. Really, Marcel and being a Paleontologist were Ross' only redeeming qualities, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm still watching Gossip Girl so I can have conversations about that, but so far I really don't like Dan, Jenny, or Georgina. I hated the way Chuck's character started out, and I feel like the writers made that little slimeball a little too likable later. I feel like they let some serious felonies slide there. If he'd been a little more seductive and a little less rapist early on, I could have liked his character, troubles and all.

I never really liked Debra from Dexter, but I thought the end of that show was utter BS.

I just want to say Rory from Gilmore Girls had terrible taste in boys, and leave it at that. Also, as the series went on, I found Rory less and less likable.

Paige from Pretty Little Liars. She was just a piece of cardboard until she decided to do something about A herself.

Louisa from Doc Martin.

Fran from The Nanny. For some reason one of my friends liked that show. The actress’ voice may be known for being annoying, but I found that character more annoying than the voice.

Penny from Happy Endings.

Walter and Page from Scorpion.

On Firefly, I liked Jayne, Preacher, Zoe, Mal, and Kaylee. I was OK with Dr. Simon and River. That’s all.

I didn’t like Jackie or Hyde at first, but they grew on me. I could finally see what Red saw in Eric by the end though.

Bill, Jessica, Hoyt, and Jesus just didn’t work for me. Ever.

I didn't like Penny on Big Bang Theory at first, but I think she's finally growing on me. I love Sheldon and I love Raj.

I've watched a lot of TV shows just to have something to talk about with fellow students, and later colleagues.

Have to disagree with Ellen and Crossing Jordan (I remember liking that show early on, same as with Bones).

Quote:
Every single character in The Breakfast Club. There's absolutely NOBODY to root for in the entire film. On one side, you have completely morally repulsive adults, and on the other, a motley crew of self-absorbed teenage monsters who spend the movie swearing every goddamn motherfuckin' shittincondoms line, bitchass.

Seconded.

Quote:
Owen from Torchwood.

Seconded. I also hated how they got rid of him. I also hated Ianto for what he did to Jack, and Jack made me hate him for what he did to the children. But I try not to think about any of the Miracle Day stuff at all. I prefer to think of it as a separate series that doesn’t exist.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2017, 10:07 pm

BetwixtBetween,

I like Phoebe, too. I thought the song "Smelly Cat" was funny.