Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 9:40 am

I'm talking about official video game art made by the creators of the game and it can be either a render or a drawing. What are some of your favorite artworks from video games? Here are a couple of mine:

This is a drawing of the character Ada Wong from the Resident Evil games. I don't really know who the artist is, but I really like this drawing because of the pretty outfit Ada is wearing (she usually wears red instead of green) and because of the pose she is doing, staring out into the window like she's deep in thought. Ada is also my favorite video game character of all time.

[img][800:900]http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n534/SesameChickenLover/SuccubusArt1.jpg[/img]

This is a drawing of The Succubus from the Castlevania games, drawn by artist Ayami Kojima. I love the detail Ayami puts in all her work, but her succubus drawings are my favorites because she does a lot of dark feminism with each one. They look seductive but dangerous at the same time which fits the nature of these demons.

Anyways those are two of my most favorite artworks, so feel free to show yours. :D

Kenn_San
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

Oh god this is such a difficult topic to decide on! :D There's far too many different art styles I like in the art world.

I was pretty jammy as my art teacher was someone who used to work at Lionhead studios :D (he worked on the original Fable) - I honestly wish I was anywhere near a good artist as he is ¦D

However I digress. I enjoy a wide range of art. In the past I've hoarded video game instruction books when I rented games (this was back in the days of super Nintendo when they used a lot of concept art in them as opposed to CG stuff/screenshots only which is what you get these days). Also I've actually gotten some game guides just for the concept art =X lol.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

Kenn_San wrote:
Oh god this is such a difficult topic to decide on! :D There's far too many different art styles I like in the art world.

I was pretty jammy as my art teacher was someone who used to work at Lionhead studios :D (he worked on the original Fable) - I honestly wish I was anywhere near a good artist as he is ¦D

However I digress. I enjoy a wide range of art. In the past I've hoarded video game instruction books when I rented games (this was back in the days of super Nintendo when they used a lot of concept art in them as opposed to CG stuff/screenshots only which is what you get these days). Also I've actually gotten some game guides just for the concept art =X lol.

That's pretty cool! :) I'm probably not as into art as much as you are but I can appreciate really beautiful artworks that appeal to me like the two pictures I just posted. My favorite artist is Ayami Kojima because of the fact that she puts amazing detail in her drawings and her art style is self-taught.

Kenn_San

31 Oct 2011, 12:26 pm

Well I like drawing - so it gives me more to take from y'see :D

If I was to pick something from the top of my head I'd say the artwork that comes from Capcom - more specifically their Phoenix Wright series. It's nice and simple but with a nice colouring style to complement it.

LjosalfrBlot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Oct 2011, 1:03 pm

Artwork from The Legend of Zelda games are usually good.

Booloutay
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Nov 2011, 6:35 pm

Fable artwork :)

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 2:59 am

I absolutely love the Dead Space and Deus Ex: Human Revolution concept art. There's just too much good concept art out there for them for me to post any particular favorite pieces for either game.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 3:10 pm

That picture of Ada Wong looks like Shinkiro artwork. Shinkiro was a former SNK artist who ended up at Capcom. His first Capcom artwork was for Final Fight One on the GBA.

Bengus, Edayan, and Kinu Nishimura are some of my other favorite artists. With the exception of Kinu, they are artists at Capcom. (Kinu is a freelancer as far as I can tell. She did artwork for Chaos Wars, which was the last time I remember seeing any work from her).

If you can't tell, I love Capcom artists. :P

I also really like some of the Squaresoft artists like Yoshitaka Amano (I have no idea if he's still at Square-Enix or not) and whoever the character designer for the Mana games is.

The Parappa the Rapper/Um Jammer Lammy artist is pretty cool too, IMO. I like how cute and expressive his characters are. :)

Kenn_San

02 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
The Parappa the Rapper/Um Jammer Lammy artist is pretty cool too, IMO. I like how cute and expressive his characters are. :)

Have you checked out the art for Gitaroo Man? If not I think you might enjoy the art for it. (Plus it's one hell of a music rhythm game at that! ;))

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 4:36 pm

I love the art for Gitaroo-Man. I unfortunately have never played the game though. I think Gamestop up the street has the first game for about 4 bucks so I may buy that next. :P