Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Prisonic_Fairytale
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2011, 2:08 pm

Has anyone seen this? I'm not a big fan of television but this is worth watching! I love it.

It's horror, though, and disturbing in many parts, so you should probably like that sort of thing if you watch it.

femme
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Oct 2011, 2:23 pm

Prisonic_Fairytale wrote:
Has anyone seen this? I'm not a big fan of television but this is worth watching! I love it.

It's horror, though, and disturbing in many parts, so you should probably like that sort of thing if you watch it.

I have not watched the show yet but I have heard good things about it. I love horror :D

Prisonic_Fairytale
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Oct 2011, 4:58 pm

Me too. So far it has not disappointed me.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 7:28 pm

It is a very fun show. I like it a lot. Very spooky.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 11:53 pm

Watched first few episodes ( i think i've only got 1 more to catch) and I'm really enjoying it.

More so than normally with most shows I hope they have strict plans for 2 seasons at most. They have some great characters and some good back story to get through but after 2 episodes you can see the show becoming nothing but "uh-oh, what crazy zany near death situation will the family get into this week?" very very quickly.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 6:26 am

My wife and I have been watching it - and yes, we're both big horror fans. Great show.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

cooldryplace
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Nov 2011, 7:03 am

Sorry for bringing this thread up, but, I was going to make my own on it anyway. This show is awesome so far - even though I've only seen 2 episodes. I usually dislike horror "shows" but this is really making me look forward to "what happens next". I don't watch it on TV though, I watch them off the internet (without ads, because I want to enjoy it). The first episode creeped the hell out of me. I had to turn the lights on to go to bed even though I usually don't.. and a horror film hasn't done this to me in years.

The characters are so weird - they obviously have epic individual back stories. I've heard some good music choices too, like Special Death by Mirah, and whatever was playing in Tate's Columbine fantasy. I'm also pretty obsessed with Violet. I saw someone who I swear looked exactly like her and kept staring at her (sorry whoever that was).

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 10:30 am

cooldryplace wrote:
Sorry for bringing this thread up, but, I was going to make my own on it anyway. This show is awesome so far - even though I've only seen 2 episodes. I usually dislike horror "shows" but this is really making me look forward to "what happens next". I don't watch it on TV though, I watch them off the internet (without ads, because I want to enjoy it). The first episode creeped the hell out of me. I had to turn the lights on to go to bed even though I usually don't.. and a horror film hasn't done this to me in years.

The characters are so weird - they obviously have epic individual back stories. I've heard some good music choices too, like Special Death by Mirah, and whatever was playing in Tate's Columbine fantasy. I'm also pretty obsessed with Violet. I saw someone who I swear looked exactly like her and kept staring at her (sorry whoever that was).

Lol what creeped you out about episode 1?

I really like this show but I can't say it's very scary. It's got some cool things going on and I like the atmosphere. Can't wait to find out how everything fits together. I really can't see how they can drag this out for many seasons though unless they alter the nature of the show. Next episode is called Rubber Man. Can't wait to find out more about that guy.

cooldryplace
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2011, 3:42 am

Maybe half of the "creep" I feel with things like this is me purposely building it up that it's going to be scary + making a creepy atmosphere by turning the lights off. But the cheap tricks.. silence for a while and then loud noises to make you jump, always get me. There were a lot of them.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 6:55 am

Yeah I guess that's true. There's a few jumpscares.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 2:46 pm

Best thing on TV for me atm. I love this show. I feel it becoming an obsession for me :D

I jsut LOVE tate langdon

Swooons.

I do love a complicated boy

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 6:58 am

Kust watched 'Birth' ... Last ep next week Nooooooooooo!! !! There's nto gonna be anyone aleft alive by the end of the series!

God, I love this show so much

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:36 am

misswoofalot wrote:
Kust watched 'Birth' ... Last ep next week Nooooooooooo!! !! There's nto gonna be anyone aleft alive by the end of the series!

Lol I can't wait for Tate's sh***y plan to inevitably fall apart. I have no idea how he was expecting to get away with anything he's done. I haven't seen the latest episode though 'Birth' kind of gives away the theme.

I'm really curious to find out how the next season will work, assuming there is one. Perhaps it will change over to a new "American Horror Story", or a new family might move in or something.

I wish they would go back to 20 episode series like Lost, Prison Break, House etc. Seems like all the current favorites are about 12-13 episodes.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

SPOILERS *****************************************************

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
misswoofalot wrote:

Lol I can't wait for Tate's sh***y plan to inevitably fall apart. I have no idea how he was expecting to get away with anything he's done. I haven't seen the latest episode though 'Birth' kind of gives away the theme.

I'm really curious to find out how the next season will work, assuming there is one. Perhaps it will change over to a new "American Horror Story", or a new family might move in or something.

I wish they would go back to 20 episode series like Lost, Prison Break, House etc. Seems like all the current favorites are about 12-13 episodes.

I Love Tate. I want him to be mentally ill or something and not a just a psychopathic killer who knows what he was doing and doesn't care.. I hope he has multiple personalities. Or the 'suit' makes him do it as it's possessed. I really want his redemption as I absolutely love his character.

i agree about the 12 episode thing. The walking Dead was even less!! ! It's so damn annoying.

Last edited by misswoofalot on 16 Dec 2011, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 9:27 pm

misswoofalot wrote:
I Love Tate. I want him to be mentally ill or something and not a just a psychopathic killer who knows what he was doing and doesn't care.. I hope he has multiple personalities. Or the 'suit' makes him do it as it's possessed. I really want his redemption as I absolutely love his character.

i agree about the 12 episode thing. The walking Dead was even less!! ! It's so damn annoying.

SPOILERS for anyone that hasn't seen the episodes...

I wish they had made the rubber man a separate character. It was a bit weird to see that it was in fact Tate all along.

As the plot unravels it leaves quite a few questions unanswered. For example, what was up with Ben during the first few episodes? He seemed to go into a trance, developing an obsession with fire. It doesn't happen any more. The writers seem to have forgotten about even though those trances were critical in allowing Tate to do many of the things that he did.

I'm also slightly disappointed that everyone is a ghost. It's like there's nothing else out there. All the unique characters turn out to be 'normal'. In the beginning, and thanks to the inital advertising it seemed like we had the rubber suit moving around on it's own as well as the burn victim guy bursting into flames like some fire creature.

That said the show is still very entertaining so perhaps the complaint is unwarranted.

---

Tate is my favorite character but seriously he has to be a moron if he thinks he can get away with any of the things he's done. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out, but it can only go one way for Tate. He's going to lose everything.

misswoofalot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2011, 6:32 am

Spoilers****************

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
misswoofalot wrote:

SPOILERS for anyone that hasn't seen the episodes...

I wish they had made the rubber man a separate character. It was a bit weird to see that it was in fact Tate all along.

As the plot unravels it leaves quite a few questions unanswered. For example, what was up with Ben during the first few episodes? He seemed to go into a trance, developing an obsession with fire. It doesn't happen any more. The writers seem to have forgotten about even though those trances were critical in allowing Tate to do many of the things that he did.

I'm also slightly disappointed that everyone is a ghost. It's like there's nothing else out there. All the unique characters turn out to be 'normal'. In the beginning, and thanks to the inital advertising it seemed like we had the rubber suit moving around on it's own as well as the burn victim guy bursting into flames like some fire creature.

That said the show is still very entertaining so perhaps the complaint is unwarranted.

Spoilers ****

IN 'Birth' right at the end when all the ghosts were around Ben suddenly went in to a trance, and again it was the mysterious Constance who pulled him out of the trance as she did last time ( she has some kind of gift of sight I reckon or is some sort of witch) but I agree we should have seen more of that as it was so important.

The advertising makes the rubber suit look like a demon as it's twisted. That's why I hope Tate is possessed. I don't know though as the site shows 'burn man' combusting.

Interestingly, when you go on the family portrait on the FX site site for American horror story it calls addy the 'daughters' Adelaide. Could addy be 2 people. the house seems obsessed with twins - the boys, vivien's twins, so possibly addy? Or maybe this is just a coincidence. Do you reckon those brains and the offal that Vivien was fed could have been addy possibly for some kind of rebirth in this last episode? But the fact that Addy said she's passed on makes that kind of near impossible but you never know!

I too am sad everyone is dead. It makes me wonder why Constance has never died. There is alot more to her than meets the eye that's for sure.

OOohh... and another thing - the gays mentioned Ben's hard life as he was growing up, like they new his past, and Ben avoided the question. Ben mentions he was much like Tate too in another ep. There is deffo something going on there....

I hope the next season, or next ep gives us hints and next season doesn't become an anticlimax.