What are these circular reliefs in the middle of Idaho?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 2:13 am

I was sight-seeing the Rockies in Google Earth and found these in Idaho:

Reclaimed strip mines of some sort and missile silo sites come to mind. But what do you think?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 3:14 am

I am pretty sure that "they"...ie...governement officials...will tell you that it is different types of crops
but the trueth is,they are a game board for intersteller "chess"....if you observe them over time ,you will notice the areas changing color....that is alian or human making a play move....I hope the alians win...I am long over due for my rectal probe(ALL of that was a big fat lie...I am just practicing...how did I do?)

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 3:34 am

WOW COOL PICTURE

/me gets out anal probe and the lube out

/me looks at krex :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 5:56 am

i know exactly what these round things are, they are central pivot irragation. im guessing beucase of the farmer's machinery type i guess they are mowed and taken care of by automated machines.

......... or its nt farmers thinking its easier to have a tractor make only left or right hand turns! :lol:

these are all over the world i have seen.

heres an article on wikipedia about them it seems its talking about that its used by grass farmers and they use central pivot irragation to bettwe water the grass with a sprinkler that is anchered to middle of this circle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_pivot_irrigation

krex and aliens lol :lol:

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 9:22 am

Note the drainage patterns visible in the left half of the image. This terrain is definitely too rough for those big rotating sprinklers.

The aliens home planet is about fifty light years away, and they recently learned there was a technological society on earth when they detected our electronic signals on their radio telescopes. They initially attempted to contact us through our own electronic communication system, but they accidentally telephoned an aspie, who was unable to talk to them.

This is their second attempt. They wanted to portray an understanding of earth culture. It represents polka dots with 1950's TV screens among them.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Wisguy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 12:30 pm

They are irrigated farm fields, 'pivot' style. Pretty much any crop can be irrigated. Within a hour or so drive west of Appleton, WI there are pivot-irrigated corn, potato, strawberry, etc, fields, especially around and south of Stevens Point, WI. Here, they are mainly sandy loam soil areas that drain too fast to hold enough water between rains. Out west, it is due to the semi-arid climate.

Before irrigation, the North American Great Plains were called 'The Great American Desert' for a reason. Very little rain falls west of about 100 degrees west.

Also, even in mountainous areas, there are often enough flat areas mixed into the hills to make it economically practical to raise crops, assuming enough water.

Mike

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2006, 3:51 pm

Wisguy wrote:
They are irrigated farm fields, 'pivot' style.

...aka "crop circles".

V111
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Sep 2006, 5:55 pm

Check out this they are oil wells i think
32°46'53.51"N
104° 7'34.63"W
and what is this 700.2 kilometres south of ? grin...
21°44'19.01"N
87°59'24.95"E

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2006, 1:11 am

Those circles are farms. The fields are circular instead of rectangular. A long metal pipe (which is really a glorified faucet) extends from the center of the field to its circumference. Water flows through the pipe, and comes out of the holes in the bottom, watering the field. And by the way, I also saw these circular fields while looking at a Google Maps image of Galilee (northern Israel), while looking at the areas damaged by Hezbollah. Apparently, the whole world knows about this technology.