I think this world revolves around me.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

melanieeee
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2011, 4:33 am

Is this because of my autism. Or do I have sort of personality disorder?

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 4:57 am

both... maybe try and realize that all people around you have reasons for the things they do for they are diffrent people just as important as you try and realize that even grains of sand have a certain kind of will and you can't do everything but you can do something.

Halligeninseln
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 5:14 am

Everyone is self-centred to varying degrees. There's even the horrible phrase "Looking after Number One", which I can't stand to hear because it sounds so shameless and elbowing. One can be self-absorbed but there's a difference between allowing YOUR world to revolve around you and thinking that THE world revolves around you. MY world revolves around my special interests almost completely (at least in theory) and I sometimes have difficulty doing justice to THE world and the things going on it.

Your question needs to be more detailed.

Dark_Lord_2008
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2011, 9:33 am

Admitting you have a problem and speaking out about it is the first step in solving your problem/issue.

Selfish, greedy, egocentric and self absorbed people act like the world revolves around them. Mr Bean perfectly portrays a person who lives in their own world and is totally focused on themselves at the expense of other people around.

TheWingman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2011, 10:08 am

melanieeee wrote:

You are just being a very normal human being. You see stuff throught your eyes, you hear throught your hears, you think throught your brain. I'm conviced that everybody think secretly that he\she is the center of the world. But when you can integrate that some other people are also the center of their world, and let them in in yours, then you can have a greater undertanding of your life and get closer from what we call hapiness.

What I just said never happened to me thought.

shilohmm
Raven
Raven

01 Nov 2011, 10:45 am

melanieeee wrote:

Joining the chorus in saying it's because you're human. That's one trait you can't escape by being autistic! It becomes a personality disorder when you think the world *should* revolve around you (instead of it being a default belief you know you should fight), and when you insist other people act like the world revolves around you. If it's just your gut instinct, and you know it isn't reality when you think about it and aren't interested in fighting to make it reality, probably not a personality disorder.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

It's normal.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

It is not normal. It is a psychiatric condition normally associated with antisocial personality disorder - NOT autism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcisism

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Nov 2011, 12:09 pm

Ichinin wrote:
It is not normal. It is a psychiatric condition normally associated with antisocial personality disorder - NOT autism.

Thinking the world revolves around you doesn't automatically mean you have a personality disorder any more than being relgious automatically means you're schizophrenic. Extreme cases of narcissism are indicitive of a mental disorder, but everybody is narcissistic to some extent.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 12:21 pm

I feel almost completely the opposite. The universe seems utterly indifferent to my existence. Nothing happens because of me or for my benefit.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 2:25 pm

Guineapigged wrote:
Ichinin wrote:

Thinking the world revolves around you doesn't automatically mean you have a personality disorder any more than being relgious automatically means you're schizophrenic. Extreme cases of narcissism are indicitive of a mental disorder, but everybody is narcissistic to some extent.

Thinking that something isn't a diagnostic criteria of a personality disorder and totally missing the point of my post, which was to point out that it ISN'T part of autism at all.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 6:02 pm

I think it's just human nature. I'm sure everyone feels that way to some extent.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Nov 2011, 6:07 pm

I don't think it's Narcissism, because the OP recognized a problem with themselves, and is looking for the reason why. Most Narcissists think they are wonderful, and have no issues. (I know from experience. That experience is dealing with my dad. :roll:)