Plenty of Swordfish a good idea?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

I mean do you really think it is a good idea for someone who has never dated before and doesn't have experience? I have been on 1 real date in my life which I fumbled at the end. And I stupidly went to Prom when a so called "friend" talked me by playing into my insecurities, and setting me up with someone. And there was maybe 1 other time but it was more of a hang out. I don't know if you call those dates, but they were very regrettable experiences.

Im really really really not sure if making the effort helped at all in those cases. I would probably be just the same if I really never had been on a date before, except I would have a couple less traumatizing memories.

I mean be honest.

I don't know how to "market" myself. Im just tired of being lonely. Im curious if generally the girls on there who are more serious in looking, would be more tolerant of guys with no experience and personality traits that usually go with it.

And also if I do create an account would it be wiser to purposefully try to meet someone in another city not too far away. Just so theres no chance that the girl by some chance knows someone that knows someone that knew you or knew who you were or heard some bad rumor about you.

Do I need a facebook account? Does every girl whos interested from real life or POF look for you on FB to see who your friends are, or if you even have any friends? Ask around to see if anybody knows who you are?

Embroglio
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Nov 2011, 11:49 pm

I've tried PoF and closed my account. I got tired of reviving messages from desperate women. These women were very desperate and it was obvious by their messages and profiles that they couldn't get a date in real life hence why they were online. Be prepared to deal with a lot of white trash.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 7:40 am

Embroglio wrote:
I've tried PoF and closed my account. I got tired of reviving messages from desperate women. These women were very desperate and it was obvious by their messages and profiles that they couldn't get a date in real life hence why they were online. Be prepared to deal with a lot of white trash.

Not all women are like that there though (*me waves*). But to a degree, yes, you will find yourself sorting hay from a lot of chaffe on PoF.

I haven't had the most whirlwind success there but I haven't been completely dateless either. Might be meeting a dude this weekend in fact.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 7:45 am

blue_bean wrote:
Not all women are like that there though (*me waves*).

In fact, it's a pretty dreadful place to try to get a date, in my experience. If you're a woman looking for casual sex it might not be too bad though.

Embroglio
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Nov 2011, 9:25 am

blue_bean wrote:
Embroglio wrote:

Not all women are like that there though (*me waves*). But to a degree, yes, you will find yourself sorting hay from a lot of chaffe on PoF.

I haven't had the most whirlwind success there but I haven't been completely dateless either. Might be meeting a dude this weekend in fact.

I think the success you receive off PoF depends on you're area as well. In my area the average women on a dating site is in her early 20's 2-4 kids by different fathers, no education beyond high school, morbidly obese, and just overall just has too many turn offs for me to date.

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2011, 11:32 am

POF is the only dating site I had some level of constant success with. That said, I also came off with the impression that many people on it aren't truly that serious in finding a relationship.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 8:16 am

Embroglio wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Embroglio wrote:

I think the success you receive off PoF depends on you're area as well. In my area the average women on a dating site is in her early 20's 2-4 kids by different fathers, no education beyond high school, morbidly obese, and just overall just has too many turn offs for me to date.

You've just described 80% of the females in my area too!

The average guy in my area cnat tpye propally, shows off his tatts shirtless, drinks too much and brags about his car.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Nov 2011, 9:37 am

I used POF for a while & all the women quit responding after a few conversations. A lot of women in their forums kept complaining about how good guys don't exist on the site; a lot of women were posting about how guys they met on there tried to rape em or abused em. A lot of the women's profiles I've read gave me the impression that those women only wanted very successful guys or the women were wild slu*ty party girls. That sea is polluted

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Embroglio
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Nov 2011, 1:16 pm

blue_bean wrote:
Embroglio wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Embroglio wrote:

You've just described 80% of the females in my area too!

The average guy in my area cnat tpye propally, shows off his tatts shirtless, drinks too much and brags about his car.

That's exactly why I deleted my account. On PoF you have to search through the trash to find a few gems.