Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2011, 4:34 am

It's a game from years ago called scruples. So maybe It should be posted in games forum but wasn't sure.

It asks a player a question - they give their answer - then other players can challenge there response.

I haven't played it in many years but I was talking about it last night with 2 NT friends and refered to a question that I had been strongly challenged on. Although we weren't playing the game - they also strongly challenged my answer to this question. So I want to put the question out to Aspie friends -
and the question was this:

Would you have sex with an old wrinckly for a £1,000,000? (feel free to convert currency to your own region - but don't convert 'old wrinckly' into someone tasty who's just pushing 50 - that's not what it means!)

When I was first asked the question and then again last night I said that I didn't think that I could.
I really don't think that I could - I'm cringing at the mere thought of it. I know having a million would be really useful - but....... Yuk :pale: :!: I just don't think I could go through with it .........could you?

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 5:17 am

I remember that game. I guess I never really played it right though because we never did the challenge a response thing. If they did I would have just made me angry and not want to be there because I hate people challenging me on my thoughts and feelings. It's like they are saying I'm lying or that they know me better than I know myself.

As far as the question goes I guess I could. I don't want to have sex at all but since it's a one time thing and I could really use that million dollars maybe I could force myself to go through with it. It would be really gross though.

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 5:30 am

I would do virtually anything as long as it doesn't leave me in worse health condition than before. Too bad it won't happen.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 7:44 am

Can i keep my eyes shut during the entire session?

shilohmm
Raven
Raven

03 Nov 2011, 8:12 am

Sowlowsolo wrote:
When I was first asked the question and then again last night I said that I didn't think that I could.
I really don't think that I could - I'm cringing at the mere thought of it. I know having a million would be really useful - but....... Yuk :pale: :!: I just don't think I could go through with it .........could you?

No.

First off, the thought of being touched sexually by any random stranger, young or old, creeps me out.
Second, I have huge trust issues so it'd be terrifying.
And third, it'd violate my ethical norms, and I totally obsess on how horrible I am whenever I do that, so the money would just be a constant reminder of what a disgusting human being I am and I would never enjoy it anyhow.

Mind you, I would not condemn someone else who did it -- I'd certainly think it "yuck," but don't get wound up about what other people do for some reason. Unless I consider it actively injurious to others (as opposed to merely against my moral code), and identify with those others, in which case I may remember and resent it forever. :roll:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 9:06 am

My wrinkly mother used to have sex with my wrinkly step-father for free. She said it was great. If he hadn't died they'd probably still be at it.

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 12:05 pm

I would have trouble with the idea of having sex with anyone for a large sum of money (no clue what pounds are in Canadian money, but I don't think the specific amount matters, just that it's big). Sex disgusts me, even if it were a young movie star instead of an old wrinkly guy.

I'd see no ethical problem on the part of the person being paid, though it would be really scummy for the old wrinkly guy to be paying someone for sex (especially someone 20 or more years younger). Or if someone else was doing the paying without the old guy's knowledge, then the old guy's a victim too.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

It would be really gross and I'd hate it and don't want sex with anyone but I need that million dollars. I'm poor and it would change my life.

I could probably think of many different things I wouldn't do even for a million dollars.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

I think that would be a great reality check as I'd realize that I could more easily plan big and make that million GBP equivalent myself by wise investment than sleep with a pug.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Nov 2011, 3:19 am

shilohmm wrote:
And third, it'd violate my ethical norms, and I totally obsess on how horrible I am whenever I do that, so the money would just be a constant reminder of what a disgusting human being I am and I would never enjoy it anyway.

I think that's pretty much how it works with me and like you I would feel disgusting but wouldn't label someone else disgusting if they felt they could go through with it.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 9:10 am

Were I inclined to have sex with someone, money, or the lack of it would not influence that inclination. Were I disinclined to have sex with someone, money, or the lack of it, would not influence that disinclination.

I suppose if I wanted to bone someone, and the only way I could achieve said boning was to accept money then I would take the money and proceed with the boning. But the money would be an irritant in the proceedings, not central in anyway to the motivation.

What?

You asked ... :lol:

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

I've played that game ONCE. I will never play it again, unless the people present have not only known each other for many years, but also have an immense amount of trust for each other.

It caused a very uncomfortable argument, that eventually developed into two relationships breaking up. Yeah, they probably would have broken up eventually anyway, but I was the only single person in the room, and it became damned uncomfortable real quick.

Never again!

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

A better game, that teaches Autistics quite a bit about ToM, is Apples to Apples.

Play it all the time with my family, and it has yet to cause a fight. Plus we learn a lot about ourselves.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 8:50 pm

MrXxx wrote:
A better game, that teaches Autistics quite a bit about ToM, is Apples to Apples.

Play it all the time with my family, and it has yet to cause a fight. Plus we learn a lot about ourselves.

I played that game once and I did very badly because I kept forgetting to answer as the other person might.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

MrXxx wrote:

Apples to Apples, thats one of my families favorite games. However, I'm not sure how well this works for ToM for us as my family is one of the strangest ones around, and everyone in my family, myself included, is a complete troll when playing the game and pick the randomness answers and use extremely warped logic just to piss eachother off.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

abc123
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2011, 12:07 am

No 1) I am married 2) not for money. They could be a very nice wrinkly person, it is a bit insulting. Once you start thinking that they are the sort of person who would pay for that and put you in a difficult moral dilemma, it is just creepy and unhealthy.
Did the NT say yes?