Do you think the Christmas rush is early?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 12:35 am

I always felt it was better to celebrate after thanksiving. It's more in my routine and structure. I feel like its even earlier than what it should be.

I mean walmart is already decorating and playing all christmas music. I always end up depressed during christmas time and I'm starting to realize its because of me being autistic. I'm not used to the US pulling it up... because my mom doesn't start really celebrating until december and I don't start until like... after thanksgiving.

Has this ever bothered you?

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 1:20 am

In my experience, holiday advertising and decorations and such always begin right after Halloween. Hell, I saw a Christmas commercial air just a few days before Halloween.

I don't really mind, to be honest. I always look forward to the beginning of the holiday season. A few days ago, as my mom picked me up from class, we listened to Christmas music on the way home. I enjoyed it, it was relaxing and got me in the mood for the holidays. I always enjoy the beginnings of the holiday season, even if it starts early.

Last edited by Descartes on 05 Nov 2011, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 1:29 am

Yes, it definitely starts too early. It doesn't really annoy me, though.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 1:42 am

Though the materialistic hype to get a deal at all the stores can be rather annoying, I generally like this season and want it to last, so I don't really mind it starting early. Christmastime is so cozy. :heart:

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Nov 2011, 1:45 am

Thanksgiving is a cozy holiday too, and it's getting shortchanged by all this early Christmas crap. I say "Bah, humbug" until after Thanksgiving.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 2:07 am

I like Christmas but when the celebrating starts so early the Christmas mood wears off by the middle of December. So I do find it annoying.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 2:25 am

keira wrote:
I like Christmas but when the celebrating starts so early the Christmas mood wears off by the middle of December. So I do find it annoying.

Yeah exactly! It gets to be such a bummer because you get bored of it. I mean I have always had this strict routine of celebrating after thanksgiving because of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade... which I've watched almost every year. That's how I start it off.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 8:59 am

I think that it's a bit early. I want to wait until my American neighours are done with Thanksgiving, before I start celebrating Christmas. The stores in Canada were pretty mixed up this year. There were Halloween isles, Christmas isles and Remembrance day books on the 1st and 2nd World War along with veterans selling poppies.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Nov 2011, 9:10 am

The Christmas rush starts to get really bad on Black Friday & I think that is too early but I wish we didn't have a Christmas rush at all. I think Christmas is waaay to materialistic. I'm an autie who's very practical & logical & hates partying

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 9:19 am

I swear I saw a Christmas ad in September this year.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Nov 2011, 11:16 am

YES!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !

It's WAY too early. I start seeing Christmas decorations for sale in Costco around the 5th of July, and by now, it's all Valentine's Day, and we haven't even made it to Thanksgiving yet. SHAME on the stores for turning a religious holiday into a profiteering venture.

Charles

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

I think it should only get two weeks. Any longer is excessive in my opinion.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

nick007 wrote:
The Christmas rush starts to get really bad on Black Friday & I think that is too early but I wish we didn't have a Christmas rush at all. I think Christmas is waaay to materialistic. I'm an autie who's very practical & logical & hates partying

Omfg same here! I like tradition. I like putting up the tree, buying presents, spending time with just my mom, my dad and our pets... I love listening to my favorite songs and going, OMFG FROSTY!! ! and turning it up loud. You know? Now everyone is so greedy about Christmas. I mean NTs are even MORE greedy when it comes to Christmas. They think about themselves and never of those who don't even HAVE the things they have.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 10:48 pm

Yes they start putting christmas decorations in the shops in september. then when its boxing day (the day after christmas) they start putting the hot cross buns and easter eggs on the shelves in the supermarket. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 8:12 am

Yes, by the time December 25 comes around I'm get so tired of everything.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 4:52 pm

I saw signs of Christmas before Halloween, which is certainly too early.