Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Preston
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

I made and remade several accounts, each associated with a request from some friend. I stopped using it some time back, and barely used it when I did have an account. The impression I got, based on my limited experience, is that it's good for women generally and anyone popular, neither of which applies to me ^_^

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 8:05 pm

I used to maintain a FaceBook account, but it never seemed even remotely useful. Even though the only network consisted of family and family friends, I just felt it would be dishonest if I maintained, "Friends," without actually knowing what a real friend was, which was why I terminated the account. Of course, the fact that colleges would have been able to view my less intellectual moments did add another reason.

I do realize that perhaps, I could have asked there, but would their answers not be biased to a more NT perspective? What I need is a more exact picture of what friendship really is.

KarateKetchup
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2011, 11:43 am

I only registered for facebook because I had to say goodbye to the seniors who graduated from my school. lol I hardly used it as much as I expected. But I do want to get to know my RL friends again.

Fiebre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

I have an account, but I spend very little time there. And I can't help wondering how people around me manage to basically live on FB AND still have a great social life offline.

rickc77
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Nov 2011, 10:47 am

FB is bad for AS, we just get paranoid people we half know are laughing at us behind our back for our "crazy" postings or photos. Well maybe i am just speaking for myself?

sogj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2011, 11:01 am

I love facebook. The friends I interact with are gigantic science/linguist nerds so we can talk about things that interest me without it seeming weird. Plus, most of my friends live thousands of miles away so its really the only communication I have with them.

Plus, I prefer digital communication to in person communication. Sometimes when someone says something on facebook I can look up in other places what it means and how other people have reacted to it so I can know oh, this is what they meant by that. I can't do that dynamically in real life, so I prefer digital medium.

sogj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

rickc77 wrote:
FB is bad for AS, we just get paranoid people we half know are laughing at us behind our back for our "crazy" postings or photos. Well maybe i am just speaking for myself?

I do that too. I guess I just stopped caring. My real friends wouldn't do that, and my fake friends I don't care about anymore.

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2011, 3:31 am

I hate it. Its a big popularity contest. Its only good if socializing is easy for you. Plus it seems to get me in trouble......ugh

sogj
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2011, 10:47 am

Mego wrote:
Its only good if socializing is easy for you.

Socializing online and socializing in person are two completely different things, I personally find online waaaaay easier, which is why I like facebook. :) I prefer facebook to in person communication and my friends know this and tease me about it because they think it's just because I'm a hermit. :)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

I hate facebook too.
I have not added any family member neither my office colleagues.
Just using it to check out updates from animal rescue organisations and other interesting wall posts by strangers
like quotes etc.
i think i would be deleting mine soon......its sheer waste of time

SilverTung
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Nov 2011, 5:07 pm

Well first off I don't have any friends. Well I have 3 or 4, but I'm related to 2 of them, and only one has an account. I have 60 friends on facebook.
I get on there and post random s**t. Songs I've made in sound forge and posted to Youtube. Rhymes I've written about life. I "like" movies and bands I come across so I can remember them later on. I used to write my full song lyrics in notes for universal access, but recently joined a rap forum for that.

I get maybe 10 notifications a month. At best.

Hold on, brb. Let me quote a status thats gotten more than 10 "likes".

"One last status for awhile but I had to say it...its 8:35pm...and I'm drunk."

10 likes, 11 comments.

My status:

"Throw up a price on BOTH of ya eyes. With the toast, you'll get fried.
I'll even have 'em yolked on the side when he gets poached for his whites"

Jack s**t....

Yeah I hate it, but It gives me access to middle school friends, and a place to speak my mind even if no one reads it.

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 12:55 am

the most dangerous point about updating status is that sometimes we end up writing sad or gloomy messages due to mood swings and some colleagues or relatives end up reading it and there is gossip related to it......which scares me to hell.

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 5:49 pm

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 19 Apr 2012, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 4:23 am

nice Advt

adding friends creates more harm since they are seeing daily updates etc they no longer feel need to ask about us or call us up since they already know what we are upto

enrico_dandolo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2011, 4:42 am

I don't like it much either. However, it's the only way I can be in contact with two friends whom I can't really see otherwise. Otherwise, I like playing Snake and Bejeweled Blitz and posting weird stuff. I have a fake name, an unrelated picture, friend-only restrictions on everyting and a total of 4 friends (my two friends, a test-friend because I was scared, the last one found me because she knows myself and my two other friends, but I don't particularly interact with her).