Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Snowfern
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2006, 12:28 am

jread wrote:
Even worse, those people who buy "fashionable" analog watches that don't even have numbers on them. Sometimes they don't even have markers for where the numbers should be. These make me lose my mind. I cannot understand why anyone would want something so useless.

having one would drive me up the wall too.

but the binary watch on thinkgeek does appeal to me because i like the concept of it. i just won't be able to read it is all.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2006, 12:44 am

My Swatch doesn't have numbers. Over the past week or so I have noticed that instead of actually counting the dots to figure out the time, I can also recognize the shape that the hands form...I noticed that they form a certain shape every time it is nine o'clock...I like it...it is really a much faster way to tell time.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2006, 12:50 am

Unless you have it on upside down.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

Fraya wrote:
Ticking drives me up the wall.. we used to have ticking clocks in the classroom in our school.. after a while I started refusing to go to class until they removed them and started sitting in the office all day.

Pretty soon the other students heard about it and after a few days of it there was half a dozen of us in there boycotting class until they removed the clocks (not sure if they were aspie also or not I didnt know about it back then).

They eventually caved and replaced the clocks with a variety that didnt tick.

---

Agree. Ticking clocks in classrooms tended to yank my attention away from what was said/what was written on the blackboard. Also, open windows, at times, allowed the traffic from the street outside to create noise pollution inside the classroom.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 1:20 pm

I feel like an imbecile when having to write down the time. People seem to be able to look at the clock and automatically know the time. But it can take me awhile to piece it together and remember the numbers (unless the clock is at something obvious like 1:30.) One time when I had to sign into a place everyday the people behind the counter would get in the habit of writing down the time for me when they seen me come in.

I think I went half my life without knowing what a quarter after, half after, etc. were in regards to time.