Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

as408
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

As a hybrid NT/AS individual, I feel like she'd understand some quirks I exhibit which can throw off NT people. Anybody have any ideas on how I could meet one of these ladies?

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 2:03 am

as408 wrote:
As a hybrid NT/AS individual, I feel like she'd understand some quirks I exhibit which can throw off NT people. Anybody have any ideas on how I could meet one of these ladies?

Find an AS meet up group in your area, however most AS girls prefer stable and secure relationships so they tend to be in relationships. I'd also say don't depend on AS girls as if the grass is greener on the other side, people with AS are individuals, they could have different goals, humor, preferences, interests or cultural differences. The best you can do is find a girl who is understanding of AS or has studied psychology, they are type of NT girls that I've found to be most compatible with because they understand certain traits so the more understanding a girl has, the better.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:57 am

I'm friends with some....but I'm not sure if they'd like me to spread the word around or not. So I can ask a few if you'd like. If any say yes, you can friend me on fb and such.

But as an AS girl (ok, I'm autistic, same dif) in a relationship with an AS boy, it is not all fun and games. THOUGH. It does really help that we can be frank with one another instead of getting offended at someones words or whatever. :D

It is especially troubling if one of the people has other mental issues aside from just AS/autism. For instance, I have anger management issues, I might be bipolar and I might have an anxiety disorder. That caused the relationship I was in to slide backwards because I put too much stress onto it because I didn't/don't know these things (that's what therapy is for....soon, soon). So if you do find one, make sure you aren't playing counselor to her. You may feel good and smart and helpful at first, but it will end up hurting both of you and causing problems. And same on the reverse.

Another way you could meet someone is on this site. I met my boyfriend/significant other on this site. Not that I came here to date...I just wanted to make some good friends. When he noticed that I had a large group of friends and I wasn't totally insane (well, I don't think so, he says I'm not crazy :heart: ) and that we got along (through PM's) we really hit it off. Just keep your eyes open, always read into situations (assuming is the worst) and be friendly. Even if you don't meet a girlfriend here, you may meet someone who could help lead or just lead you to finding one. :)

Good luck. :P

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:50 am

Just because a girl is Aspie, doesn't mean you and her will get along. Just because a girl is NT, doesn't mean you and her won't get along.

I would personally advise you not to limit yourself to other Aspies.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Just because a girl is Aspie, doesn't mean you and her will get along. Just because a girl is NT, doesn't mean you and her won't get along.

I would personally advise you not to limit yourself to other Aspies.

Word.

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 2:15 pm

so maybe that's the answer i was looking for. why not a group meeting where i bring in random ladies i see interesting and cute.

Thank you. :D

MacDragard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 10:33 pm

I hate to burst your bubble, but if you believe that a woman is going to become your ultimate soul mate just because she has AS as well, you're in for a rude awakening. First of all, you have to take into consideration that AS is different for women than it is for men. The female mind naturally rejects and works against AS, whereas the male mind surrenders to it. Also, I find that a lot of aspies do not get along with each other.

jxiong
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

☆hummm☆

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 2:30 am

I am looking for other Aspies as well, but there aren't any in the Houston area that like to travel, have career goals, and want kids.

Circle989898
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 2:56 am

I think I met one before. It was an experience that can't be explained.