Things that most neurotypicals take for granted

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dobrolvr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Nov 2011, 11:14 am

1.) I would be able to talk on the phone without incessantly pacing

2.) I wouldn't have to rehearse conversations before I have them

3.) I wouldn't have to be called lazy all of the time because I need to rest after completing tasks

4.) I wouldn't have to get upset with the ones I love because they don't understand what I think they should already know

5.) I would be able to have a fluid conversation and engage in small talk

6.) I would be able to have a conversation with those my own age

7.) I would be able to do mundane things without lists

8.) I would better be able to do things like button buttons on my clothing and actually properly cut my food with a knife

9.) Things like whispering wouldn't bother me

10.) I could concentrate on more than one thing at a time, rather than taking hours to complete a task

readingbetweenlines
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

Just realised the numbering's gone a bit pear shaped. I make mine to be number 55 all in.

Corrected to 55. (37) I have sufficient motivation not just to do he things I want to do but also the things I need to do.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

(These are predicted)

38. Having my hair styled and knowing how to put make-up on properly and admitting it's the most important thing to a female

39. Being more focused and enthusiastic when shopping especially for clothes, without having to force myself

40. Being socially alert, without keep stopping to worry about my first impression and what I've said and if I'm doing the right thing and if anyone's thinking about me in a negative way

41. Not having to control ''normal'' reactions, they will just come naturally and the right way, and not in the wrong way that make me look like a spastic or a simple person

42. Constantly giving off ''normal'' body language and ''normal'' mannerisms when in public (in other words, being usual will come more naturally to me)

43. Being able to only worry about how I'm going to get out of an awkward situation, instead of worrying too much about what other people around are all thinking (having less irrational thoughts unless I be a socially phobic NT or shy NT)

44. Being able to block out background noise when I'm in my room

45. Not getting highly frightened of loud noises

46. Not screaming (or feel like screaming) when people cough, sneeze, clear their throat, and yawn loudly

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

07 Nov 2011, 6:09 pm

47. I would not feel overwhelmed by 10 or more relatives all in the same house during the holidays. In fact, I would find the extra company energizing instead of draining.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 6:21 pm

Number I don't know anymore) It wouldn't bother me so much that the numbering on this thread's all messed up. xD

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 8:19 pm

48. Greeting people is automatic and not something I have to consciously prompt myself to do each time.

49. Unless their eyes actually are huge blazing balls of gas approximately 8 light-minutes away, looking into people's eyes does not feel like looking into the sun. Ever.

50. Nor does it feel as uncomfortably intimate as making out with strangers would.

51. If a hair from my head falls on my arm, at most, it will be mildly irritating, if I even feel it, that is. It will not feel like my skin is burning.

52. I will never be driven to distraction by the hairs on my arms touching the skin on my arms.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 8:48 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
A list.

2. Getting a sentence out will not require conscious planning.

3. My body will do what I ask it to most of the time.

4. Most environments will not be painful for me.

5. I will not often be as confused as hell by things that most people consider elementary.

6. If I don't want to do something, doing it will only take a moderate amount of self-discipline.

7. If I do want to do something, I will be able to do it immediately.

Definitely these, for me.

Taking a break.

Ai_Ling
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 10:52 pm

53) Be able to walk around with their normal face and not have everyone thinking there's something wrong.

54) Be able to walk into communities and effortlessly know how to become one of the community

55) If someone tells them to walk up to someone and tell them something, they instinctively know how to do it. Whereas, I have to hold back and think carefully about the execution, and normally will end up doing it very awkwardly anyways.