ASPERGERS IS a PROBLEM in this NT WORLD

Page 5 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 12:56 am

Chronos wrote:
J87 wrote:
If I could press a button and become NT I would. Compared with the people I grew up with, I know a lot more about science and how the world works, but they know a lot more about being content with life.

They're not content with life. That's why magazines have so much "self help" content and promote "How to lose 10lbs in one week!" articles right next to photos of 7 layer chocolate cakes.

I only read "7 layer chocolate cake".

Taking a break.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 1:01 am

Todesking wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I believe in the protection of all human life from conception, until natural death. That includes the lives of people on the autistic spectrum. I do not believe in the abortion of autistic babies, or other babies who have any sort of a disability. All babies should be brought into this world, including autistic babies. Aborting an autistic baby isn't any different. The mother is still murdering and ripping apart a living fetus in her womb, and I feel that it's a very selfish act, because the mother doesn't give a damn about the child, she only cares about herself. All babies should be brought into this world and that includes autistic babies. You asked and you got an honest answer. I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but I've found that my posts are needed.

You might not believe in it but I am sure the majority of NTs certainly do and would not hesitate to abort an autistic baby. No one wants their kid to be an outsider in the mild cases of autism and they really don't want a screaming monster of a child in the lower functioning cases of autism. So they would not hesitate to cut the child from the womb without even a little bit of regret.

If I ever have a child, I am not getting any of those tests. I am just going to wing it and see how it turns out.

It is not that I have the desire to have a baby who is disabled, but I know that I could have been in the firing line if I was conceived in the future when they have aspergers/autism tests, so I feel very uncomfortable about discriminating against my own child for the same reasons.

Taking a break.

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Nov 2011, 2:31 am

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Panic wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
If I was to have a child and they identified a problem such as autism and there was a choice between that and normal, I'd choose normal. If it was up to me.

hmmm this answer goes against what youve been preaching all this time

I don't really see how it does.

Your all pro aspie then you dont want your baby to be aspie :roll:

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 2:36 am

Panic wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Panic wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
If I was to have a child and they identified a problem such as autism and there was a choice between that and normal, I'd choose normal. If it was up to me.

hmmm this answer goes against what youve been preaching all this time

I don't really see how it does.

I don't think I've ever been pro aspie.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 8:20 am

I don't waste my time thinking about the NT world. I get out as often as I can. I find that when I can and do get out, when I'm not waiting for a package to arrive, I feel much better about myself afterwards. Life is fun for me, because I choose to be happy and live my life to the fullest. :)

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

Panic wrote:

I would not want a child of mine to be born autistic. Having endure a hellish existance I would not wish it on a child. Only an idiot would wish their child would be born with a disorder or anything else considered not normal. :!:

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 11:38 am

Todesking wrote:
Panic wrote:

I would not want a child of mine to be born autistic. Having endure a hellish existance I would not wish it on a child. Only an idiot would wish their child would be born with a disorder or anything else considered not normal. :!:

I agree. Finding out your child has autism is nothing to be happy about.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 12:49 pm

I don't really want my child to be born with any disabilities what will make them outcasted. I want to have a child who starts school and fits in and makes friends and is relatively happy with his or her social life. I don't want a child who is sitting in their room all the time never wanting to mix and just being a burdan when they get older. I want an average child. It's OK if you like that kind of thing, but not all of us are, and nobody can convince me that Autism is a fantastic thing for a child to come into this world with. The poor child doesn't ask to be born, and then it's got to live a miserable life like me, because I can't seem to find anything good about having AS. Maybe giving off anti-social vibes to people when it's the last thing you want to do is great for some people, but not me. I don't like the idea of me chasing people off, even though I make normal eye contact and smile and want to know people. It's very upsetting.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 2:08 pm

And I wouldnt want to live in a world where disabled people are discriminated against in-utero. No thanks.... I dont like the "pressure to be normal" being taken to extremes.

Taking a break.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 3:25 pm

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:

It makes sense to abort problem children. It's a commonly held belief that these people will have a lower quality of life. They are also usually a significant drain on time and resources. Finally, most people look down on them, especially if they don't know any first hand. They are inferior and the condition is always viewed as a tragedy rather than a blessing. Normal children are preferable for obvious reasons. Whether it's right or wrong is subjective.

You first?

I'm sitting in Macdonalds having coffee and cake. Most of the staff and many of the customers are on the spectrum, deaf, one guys schizophrenic.... old people waiting to die are a burden.... NT's with low intelligence can no longer get low paid work as its gone to China, pregnant women will have children with no place in life

The list is getting longer by the minute, Zieg hiel!! !!

Aspies are only a small percentage of the driftwood and flotsam in a changing world of 7 billion and growing

NT's are a burden too, they consume, buy cars, pollute, take aeroplane flights, have lots of children, think they are superior....

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

Panic wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Panic wrote:
Surfman wrote:
Todesking wrote:
NT see us as something that should be eradicated from the gene pool. They are searching for the genes that show autism so they can spot it early enough so that an autistic baby can be aborted before it is too late to eliminated it. If they begin aborting babies that show signs of autism I hope they eliminate every one of them and their enemies embrace the autistic babies born to their society. They deserve to be without great scientists, artists, and engineers while their enemies flourish in a golden age brought to them by autistic minds while the autism killing culture collapses into a degenerate slave race. :twisted:

pure gold +10

I WONDER if the Pro Life people would be For aborting Autistic babies or keeping them...hmm that would be a great controversy in the media...hmm

I believe in the protection of all human life from conception, until natural death. That includes the lives of people on the autistic spectrum. I do not believe in the abortion of autistic babies, or other babies who have any sort of a disability. All babies should be brought into this world, including autistic babies. Aborting an autistic baby isn't any different. The mother is still murdering and ripping apart a living fetus in her womb, and I feel that it's a very selfish act, because the mother doesn't give a damn about the child, she only cares about herself. All babies should be brought into this world and that includes autistic babies. You asked and you got an honest answer. I wasn't going to post in this thread anymore, but I've found that my posts are needed.

YOUR pro life for aspie kids, but what im talking about is NT pro lifers, because there is not ONE SINGLE NT WHO IS Pro Aspie, I bet there is not even ONE, and if there is one, it is because she was born with an autistic child and they feel they have to support it for their own mental peace.

I dispute this assumption about Pro-Lifers. Refusing pre-natal tests altogether or refusing to abort when a prenatal test shows abnormalities is a strong theme with pro-lifers. Former US vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin refused to abort son Trig with Down's Syndrome because that goes against her pro-life stand. I didn't vote for her (I dislike her for other reasons) but I respect that she lives her ideals. There is no reason to think that the people who uphold this ideal for Down's Syndrome would abandon it for autism.

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Nah. You got it backwards.

NT is a problem in my Aspie world! :lol:

i love this
and i dont mind having aspergers and many people with asperger get jobs as computer programmers and are drowning in cash and their worst problem is they need a lifeguard. some aspies marry and have kids, too. i believe my father also have it and he's a professor teaching the bible and he loves his job and i think my brother has it too and he was a computer programer for many years till he got fired and got a job writing in a small newspaper and was assigned top editor within a month or two. he's always the best no matter what he does.
aspies can find something they're good at, maybe in the medical research or somethin, and throw themselves into it with an obsession only people like us can have. bet you anything the person who'll find the cure for cancer will be an aspie.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

When I was a child I gave my mum problems. And I know we could all argue and rant on that NT children can cause problems too, which is true, but I caused unique problems, the type what other parents didn't have to put up with with their kids. I kind of ruled the house when I was 3, and when I got to 5 I wrote out lists of what people can and can't do, and one of the rules was ''my brother must not watch TV after my bedtime''. That might be a little typical in a 5-year-old child, because going to bed early but having an older sibling staying up later can be upsetting for a younger child (little things seem really big for young children, I admit that).

But it's when I got older, to about 10, was when the problems grew more unique. I wouldn't let my mum wear certain clothes (can't remember the weird reasons why), and I followed my mum around the house all day long asking her questions, and I used to have temper tantrums like a toddler when other children came round and wanted to do ''normal'' things like listen to music. I was such a problem-creater, and when there was too many kids round my house I used to scream and cry the whole time because I couldn't have my own way with what I wanted to do, and one of my friends who came round had ADHD and so sometimes we clashed a bit, because he found himself causing aggravation without meaning to when there were other kids there, and I reacted strongly to it and caused a tremendous fuss, which drove the other kid's parents away and got my mum all upset and angry with me, and the neighbours got fed up with still hearing me screaming in the garden at 8 years old.....

No - I do not want to have a child like that. If only I could turn the clock black and be more sociable and happy as a child, instead of screaming and crying all the time and being miserable. My ADHD friend says he wishes he could turn the clock back and not cause so much unintentional aggravation amoung other kids and upset sensitive kids like me. Actually - I did actually get along with other kids better when he wasn't there, but I'm still not going to blame it on him. I shouldn't have reacted to strongly.

Anyhoo, this is why I do not want a child born with a disability. It makes life hell for the parents, and makes the child regret it when he or she gets older.

Last edited by Joe90 on 10 Nov 2011, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 5:33 pm

Hmm. My Autistic child is pretty low functioning, but he's pretty happy I think. He loves going to the park and going on the swings. He enjoys his food, he loves watching NumberJacks. He loves going in the swimming pool.
He likes to watch the leaves on the trees moving an awful lot.
I can't see how he has any less value as a person, or a lower 'quality of life' than anyone else.
Of course I'd like things to be easier for him and us, for him to be able to talk for example, but thats not the way it is.
Of course thats just my opinion and my experience, its different for everyone.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 5:50 pm

I think the problem with me is I fear abnormalcy. My mum fears it, so I've caught the fear aswell. It might be due to a mixture of low self-esteem and too much self-awareness which becomes a comparison to the ''normal'' world, and causes shame, ridicule and embarrassment what sticks with you for the rest of your life. Some Aspies have it, some Aspies don't. We're all different so nobody can convince me into becoming a non-self-aware person because it's easy said and ain't going to happen.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2011, 8:01 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
And I wouldnt want to live in a world where disabled people are discriminated against in-utero. No thanks.... I dont like the "pressure to be normal" being taken to extremes.

I feel the same way that you do. I also don't like the whole pressure to be normal and perfection gone wild. I want to live in a world where all babies with disabilities are brought into this world along with their typical peers. If I was the mothering type, I'd be happy with any child and not just a perfect child. Perfectionism makes me gag.