Which do you prefer?
The Simpsons 77%  77%  [ 56 ]
Family Guy 23%  23%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 73

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 4:24 pm

As I've said before I'm a fan of both shows, but The Simpsons are my absolute number 1. Though I will say that Family Guy is better to watch than The Simpsons of today.

xXSeaShellXx
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jul 2012, 6:44 pm

I'd say The Simpsons because it has more heart than Family Guy does, and it doesn't go out of it's way to offend people the way Family Guy does.

Pyrite
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 11:29 pm

Simonono wrote:
The Simpsons. It's funnier, friendlier and more family oriented. And it has storylines.

I just tried to kill your avatar with a tissue.... :oops:

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2012, 4:52 pm

xXSeaShellXx wrote

Quote:
I'd say The Simpsons because it has more heart than Family Guy does, and it doesn't go out of it's way to offend people the way Family Guy does.

That's true I guess but I still love Family Guy despite some jokes that could possibly go too far. I could probably laugh at a joke that pokes fun at a certain person e.g. African Americans but would still respect that type of person. I know this is gonna sound ridiculous but I don't want people to think I'm some kind of monster for finding some of the offensive jokes funny. I don't 100% agree with some of the stuff they say but I would still find them funny. The same goes for South Park too.

ooo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Aug 2012, 12:39 am

Neither.

sedods
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2012, 12:30 pm

Simpsons. Hands down. They are still able to make the writing funny without having to rely entirely on sex and racism jokes like Family Guy does. Plus, it seems like every Family Guy Ive watched in the last little while barely contains any original material and spends most of the episode making fun of other tv shows, movies and music videos...

BoyAspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Aug 2012, 6:19 pm

In the long run, The Simpsons is funnier. Even with the decline that it's been going through for quite some time now. It at least tries to be funny.

Family Guy, While I will admit to liking a few episodes. As a whole; it's offensive, mean-spirited and overall lacking in production values.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

I wish people would stop dissing Family Guy like it's the worst thing in the world saying that it's offensive and all that because I start to feel guilty because I absolutely love Family Guy and does that make me a monster of some kind. It's just laugh out loud funny. It's doesn't really hurt anyone and I'm pretty sure Seth Macfarlane still respects some of the stuff he pokes fun at e.g. women, african americans.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Although Seth Macfarlane has some funny jokes, Matt Greeting still takes the cake.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm

I've loved watching The Simpsons for years, and Family Guy just seems too rude for me, and I can tell that just from the adverts.

silverw
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2012, 12:39 pm

I prefer american dad over both of them but if I had to choose fg

holdonyoungster
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

Simpsons all the way. I swear I'm not just saying that because The Simpsons was one of my special interests in childhood. Not only do I find the The Simpsons brand of humour vastly superior but I don't have to cringe at homophobic/racist/ableist/transphobic/sexist jokes that I always see in family guy.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2012, 5:29 pm

Family Guy can pick on Christians if they want to.

But as a Christian, I'm not going to applaud them for doing so.

Family Guy was funny back before it got canceled, when stewie was still an evil genius and they didn't get so caught up in their eye-rolling strawman arguments. :roll:

But now stewie seems to have lost most of his identity and the series seems to be nothing more than a soapbox for it's creators to bash people they don't like.

This is not so much a vote for the simpsons as it is one against family guy. I just can't stand what family guy has become.

Cracked
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2012, 3:52 am

Tensu wrote:
Family Guy was funny back before it got canceled, when stewie was still an evil genius and they didn't get so caught up in their eye-rolling strawman arguments. :roll:

But now stewie seems to have lost most of his identity and the series seems to be nothing more than a soapbox for it's creators to bash people they don't like.

This is not so much a vote for the simpsons as it is one against family guy. I just can't stand what family guy has become.

^^^This, so much. I used to love Family Guy, but now the entire show seems to revolve around gross-out humor and Stewie's apparent infatuation with Brian. :eew:

Sadly, The Simpsons isn't much better right now...it used to be so funny and creative, but now it feels more like a semi-educational parody of itself. (Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against educational programs...it just feels like a bait and switch when I turn on The Simpsons and get a travelogue instead.)

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2012, 6:35 am

Neither.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 7:30 am

I've never really watched Family Guy, I've only seen bits of it when someone had it on once at their house. But from what I've seen, I'd say it's not really my cup of tea. I've always loved the Simpsons ever since I was 10. I don't think Family Guy makes sense much, I mean, the dog and the baby talks, which I find quite absurd. I know it's only a cartoon, but it's still weird. The Simpsons is more realistic, and more like a typical family. That's what I love about it.