Would you want to live thru childhood again?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 9:59 am

No, I wouldn't. I do not miss the days when I had to take all kinds of subjects in school and my parents forcing me to learn to play the piano.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 10:09 am

Hell no.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Nov 2011, 10:34 am

TenPencePiece wrote:
Hell no.

Same here unless I could go back with the knowledge & things I have gained sense then so things could be different. I struggled a lot in school because of my AS, dyslexia, & having an undiagnosed very low vision disorder. I also had very bad skin eczema & was bullied a lot for that & my other school & social struggles. I was very stressed out when I got home & my parents did not really understand all the stuff I was dealing with & we had lots of arguments over school stuff that I turned into very nasty meltdowns & my mom would get so p!ssed at me over it; she would say how she wished she never had a kid, or that she would throw a huge party when I turned 18 her job as a parent would finally be over with & she would sometimes threaten to send me to military, school, juvi, kick me out of the house or have me put up for adoption

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2011, 11:11 am

I NOL'd (noped out loud) Basically, hell to the no.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:14 am

I probably wouldn't mind being a child again.

I'd like to be more innocent, less knowledgeable of the world, have a greater imagination, and so on.

But I wouldn't want to live through my childhood experiences again. Too much negativity went on to wish to go through that again, besides what would there be to gain?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

A big, fat NO!

The way that my parents raised me, I wouldn't want to go through childhood again. If I had parents who were more liberated and who saw autism as something to be celebrated, than maybe I'd like to be a kid again. I'd like to step into a time machine and liberate my parents thoughts on autism and than test the waters. That way, I would be able to live the childhood of my dreams.

Darn, I had a spell of Psychosis there. I really should spend the day away from my apartment. :roll:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

This I don't know how to answer. :/

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

NO!

This of course assumes that I would relive it as it was. If I were to be able to reconstruct it from day one, then my answer could be different.

Charles

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 12:31 pm

Sure I would like to go back to my childhood :D It wasn't bad, on the opposite (though 99% people would describe it as boring - I wasn't a typical child at all). I enjoyed that time. Especially my early childhood when I lived on a farm which was (but for 2 families living in neighborhood) almost in the middle of nowhere - well, it wasn't that bad in this respect but the closest neighbors but for those 2 families were living half a kilometer away which for me was a very long distance.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

I would go back to my teen years and as long as I had the knowledge of my AS and can modify my life so I might be able to experience the things my peer have experienced aat that time. I have memory of those years but only bad lonely memories-I have no good memorie I can look back on with fondness.

Miharu
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

Hell yes.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:47 pm

During my childhood both of my parents were alive. At the age of 13 my dad died of lung cancer and at the age of 25 my mom has also died. I'm happily married and would not want to give up the present, but I do miss those few years since my memories became continuous at the age of four that both my mother and father were still alive. I rather that they still were both alive today.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

Hell yes! I really miss the ignorantly blissful days of my childhood, back when my only concern was what flavor of ice cream I'd be eating.

Sometimes I wish I could just drive down the road as far away as possible, and set up a fire in some deserted place, and actually enjoy life. I would have food, water, warmth, a place to sleep, and nothing else. No responsibilities, no worries. If I got bored I'd go exploring. I would set traps for wild animals. I would build dams, canals, and other useful structures. I would never see another textbook again. I would never have to hear about Justin Beebles. I would never have to concern myself with work and money.

That wasn't my childhood, although it's close. It's as close as I'll ever get.

Last edited by SammichEater on 08 Nov 2011, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 3:18 pm

I want to be in my late teens again where I was young and had adult rights. Now I am getting older. :(

But my childhood, I didn't even have the same things I have now and I don't think I would want to live with the limitations in things we had back then. Unless I would have no memory of my future, then sure I would do it again.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 3:32 pm

Sort of, but I couldn't be bothered.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Nov 2011, 4:05 pm

No
Unless I could change many things and not have the childhood experiences I had.