Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Manguy89
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Nov 2011, 11:08 am

Is it a common thing for aspies to crack their joints. I can crack pretty much every one of my joints and I do so throughout the entire day. My back, neck, wrists, fingers and knuckles, ankles, feet, collar bone ( a new one), my nose for sometime (dont think it was suppose to crack), and my knees and hips. Do aspies just have a natural tendency to have noisy joints? I feel that mine have always been easy to crack, but I have been doing it so long its hard to tell anymore.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:13 am

All the time.

Not EVERY joint. Knuckles, back, knees, ankles, wrists.

OK. Maybe most of them.

Is this considered a stim?

Manguy89

08 Nov 2011, 11:17 am

I was wondering if it was stimming as well. Because I use to have facial stims and I moved my fingers alot. But now that I am older I seem to do this in place of other stims. If its used to focus the mind I suppose it would be stimming.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Manguy89 wrote:
I was wondering if it was stimming as well. Because I use to have facial stims and I moved my fingers alot. But now that I am older I seem to do this in place of other stims. If its used to focus the mind I suppose it would be stimming.

I do it to relieve tension more than anything else.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

My joints are somewhat noisy, especially the joints of my jaw (related to Temporomandibular joint disorder). I don't think it's an Aspie-thing, though. I like to stretch many times a day, that might be. :)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

I do it mostly for the noise. I like making popping crackling sounds.

reddreadred
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Nov 2011, 11:52 am

I constantly pop my right wrist, but it's a stim I've always done. It's essentially the result hand flapping.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 1:37 pm

I love cracking my joints. Espicaly my knuckles. It's the best sensation I can think of. Every chiropracter I have ever been too always remarks that they wish all of their paitients were relaxed as I am.

LunaUlysses
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2011, 1:45 pm

I do it all the time. And I can do my nose as well, but it doesn't always make the noise, and it's usually quiet enough I doubt anyone really hears it. When I was younger, my left very bottom rib, I could move it forward and back and make a cracking noise, but now I've gained weight and I'm not so bony, it seems harder to do.
I mostly do it when I'm bored, and I pop my jaw all the time. I"ll clench it and then pop it, but it's not loud either.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 2:03 pm

I also crack my joints all the time.

I can pop My Finger, thumb and joint behind the thumb, Wrist, Neck, Knees, toes, sholders, elbows, ankle, back,

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 4:54 pm

I crack my joints constantly. I can crack most of them. My family tells me that I'm going to get arthritis because I'm cracking everything all the time, but I don't what truth there is to that, hopefully it's not true because I do it all day long. I'm doing it right now as I proofread this.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Last edited by RW665 on 08 Nov 2011, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2011, 10:44 pm

I can crack my neck, back, fingers, wrist's, knees, and toes.

dogslife
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2011, 10:47 pm

I crack every aspect of my fingers/knuckles constantly. It feels extremely satisfying.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Nov 2011, 12:05 am

I crack my fingers, toes, wrists, neck, and back. My sister says I'll get arthritis, but I don't really see how that plays into popping joints.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 1:29 am

RW665 wrote:
I crack my joints constantly. I can crack most of them. My family tells me that I'm going to get arthritis because I'm cracking everything all the time, but I don't what truth there is to that, hopefully it's not true because I do it all day long. I'm doing it right now as I proofread this.

I could have typed this myself.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 7:35 am

I'm 33 and I can already feel the consequences of cracking my back since i was in school... If you guys are able to stop at all, try and stop, because it only gets worse. i went from having to use strenght to crack it, to being able to crack it by breathing a certain way, and nowadays I crack it because it hurts, and it hurts WHEN I crack it, and it's starting to get worrying. I don't know if it's too late for me to stop, I think so, because if I voluntarily don't crack during a whole day , as soon as I get into bed and turn to my side,, it cracks from collarbone to tailbone, in one big "krrrrrr" ..... no escaping it.
Be careful with your spines...