Michelle Duggar Expecting 20th Child

Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 12:28 pm

Wrackspurt wrote:
What I find sad is that the kids are expected to participate in cleaning and care of the other siblings, house, everything. That's just not right, it wasn't their choice to have so many siblings. If you can't care for your own children but in turn put your kids in that parental role... ... . I'm not talking about regular chores either. I'm talking about expectations.

That is the dynamic that is typical in large families.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:27 pm

Yes, sadly. Doesn't make it right though.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

If this is the family I'm thinking of, they have a system in place for raising their children, they encourage them and seem to be very responsible people who have managed to support themselves and their children without social assistance. If she was like that woman who had eight babies on top of the however many she already had, I'd be against it.
They've put a lot of thought into something they obviously cherish very much.

seaside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Nov 2011, 5:11 am

I was just looking at a clip where everyone is standing still and smiling and quiet for the entire time the parents are talking (except the second grandkid). I couldn't help thinking... How easy is it for them to manage because they are all Neurotypicals??? Do they have any idea what a breeze it may be that they chanced to have that situation? Can you imagine the perspective if of the 19 kids, a number were autistic, aspie, and adhd? Then would those kids get enough assistance inside the family that they needed, and their NTs siblings not be neglected or overtaxed? (Could they still do the immobile-as-statues whole-family takes and all that?)

later comment...
We are probably viewing an example of how families managed in the past; my grandfather (born in the 1800s) was the last of 17 children, only three of whom survived childhood--- no antibiotics yet-- didn't Ben Franklin have many siblings too? Back then it was not unusual, so there must have been a way families managed (besides apprenticeships). Of course, barring certain religious groups and foreign cultures, this is 2011, hence the novelty for us...

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2011, 8:46 pm

Well, as if having a child born too prematurely was bad enough, I just read on someone's twitter that she miscarried her 20th child. Looks like this is the final warning that she just needs to stop having children!

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

It is rather sad. I had a feeling that when you have that many children, your womb is going to wear out eventually. And their last child was the first sign of their aging. She's nearing menopause age as it is. It seems her time has come.

ADoyle90815
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2011, 10:56 pm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45603597/ ... uGF5vK62C8

How sad. It would be nice if they saw this as a sign that Michelle's baby producing days are over, since the worst thing would be for her to leave those 19 kids without a mother.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 1:55 pm

Have some sympathy for them.

Far as I can gather reading their story, they were victimized by religious emotional abuse at a vulnerable time in their lives (they were very young when Michelle miscarried the first time, and some dipshit doctor basically told them they were being punished by God for the sin of using contraception).

They believe a lot scarier things than just having a lot of kids. Look up "Titus 2 Wives."

I grew up in an environment kind of like that. Those kids aren't well-behaved all the time because they're all NT (who knows if they are or not?? who actually cares??). Those kids are well-behaved because they believe to their bones (having been taught nothing else) that they'll burn in Hell forever for displeasing God if they have a cross day. Michelle says the s**t she says because she chooses to believe that being grumpy, expressing frustration, telling Jim Bob "NO!" are all failures of her divine duty as a woman.

Taking things too literally, seeing parts rather than the whole, going too far with individual details...

...hmmm, who do we know that's prone to that kind of behavior?? It was probably Aspies made up the Quiverfull/Titus 2 schtick to begin with.

Like, Hitler was probably an Aspie.

Incentive to be careful, yesno???

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2011, 10:14 pm

I do have sympathy for them, but in their so-called religious beliefs, this should be a sign from God that they need to stop reproducing. And I agree that the worst thing would be for all 19 kids to not have a mother there to care for them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

Michelle Duggar is expecting her 20th child?

As long as the child isn't mine, why should I care?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 3:21 am

I think it's a sign they should stop having kids. Their last child had health problems and then they miscarried the second time in 23 years.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2011, 10:46 pm

She had a miscarriage.

http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2011/12/1 ... ing-me-now

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 6:00 pm

I wonder if they will try to have any more after this?

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

More money for the nuclear rocket industry to solve the worlds overpopulation problems with space colonization.