Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2013, 10:31 pm

jk1 wrote:
They do it so naturally and automatically that I can't often tell that they are lying just to impress etc. I'm very poor at that. When I'm asked a personal question, I automatically tell the truth or tell them I can't tell the truth instead of just lying. Later I regret for being so stupidly truthful with people who don't deserve it.

We just don't have that ability to "spin"everything to our advantage. Instead of regretting it, view your directness and honesty as positive qualities you possess. There are people who will(and probably do) appreciate you for them. :)

heatherbk
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2013, 12:41 am

They are amazing liars and aspies are amazingly naive.
I'm still naive and gullible somewhat.
Past experiences make it extremely difficult for me to fully trust people.

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 6:43 am

I am actually quite good at spotting "liars". I used quotes to emphasise that I mean people who consistently lie or consistently embellish the truth to advance whatever social agenda they have. I often spot these people for what they are before my NT friends or family. I suspect it's down to me consciously thinking about people, their words, emotions and reactions and applying my pattern matching skills to them.

On the other hand, if a usually-honest person tells me a lie the likelihood of me catching them out on it is low to nil unless they make a mistake which makes the lie easily refutable using logic.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2013, 9:45 am

I'm NT and can't stand liars.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 May 2013, 5:14 pm

sluice wrote:
I think I share the truth a lot more than I probably should. People seem to get offended more easily when you give it to them instead of some rose-colored version.
Same here. Sometimes people say I'm too sensitive & easily upset but I find it's very easy for me to unintentionally offend people by telling them the brutally honest truth that they don't want to hear. I can lie but the problem I have is knowing when I should & I also don't think well when I'm put on the spot; I can lie well when I'm able to prepare in my mind. I sometimes have a problem where people don't believe me when I am telling the truth but they sometimes believe me when I lie. I'm not sure what to believe from NTs sometimes because I'm objective & try to keep an open mind so I can be quite gullible but I also sometimes don't believe people when I really should because I consider the possibility that they aren't being truthful.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2013, 8:21 am

I do not think they are good liers, just that you guys are bad at reading faces. I may not be so good with reading emotions, but most NTs have ceratin ticks that give them away, and, when pushed for specific details, their lies fall apart. My NT family actually finds me to be a good lier, since I do not have issues in regards to details, and plan my lies out ahead of time.